SHOW: Blackadder

AuthorMessage
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 6th, 2006 at 01:07pm
Well blackadder is possibly the greatest tv programme ever made in Britain, starring a variey of comic genius set in various historica eras it follows the life or E. Blackadder Esq.
Starred:
Rowan Atkinson: Edmund Blackadder
Hugh Laurie: George
Steven Fry: Melchett
Tim Mckinnery(sp?): Percy/Darling
Tony Robinson: Baldrick
Rik Mayall: Lord Flashart
Miranda Richarson: Queenie
Patsy Burn: Nursie
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 6th, 2006 at 01:51pm
A Blackadder thread!

Blackadder taught me sarcasm, I owe most of my wit to him. He is a complete legend. I think either the second or fourth series is my fabourite, it's hard to decide.

I heard thye were making another series set in the 60s but nothing seems to have come of it yet.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
August 6th, 2006 at 02:31pm
some of them are written by Ben Elton, who is a funny guy but i dont like blackadder. Stephen fry is a funny guy, but he is better in jeeves and wooster
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 6th, 2006 at 03:02pm
Stephen Fry is brilliant in QI as well, he's so unbelievably smart it's just like ugh how d'you do it?

And then my physics teacher said I was like him and I was like whaaaaaaat?

But I've seen Ben Elton live and to be honest he wasn't all that brilliant, I think he's probably better at scripts etc.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 6th, 2006 at 04:23pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Stephen Fry is brilliant in QI as well, he's so unbelievably smart it's just like ugh how d'you do it?

And then my physics teacher said I was like him and I was like whaaaaaaat?

But I've seen Ben Elton live and to be honest he wasn't all that brilliant, I think he's probably better at scripts etc.

yeah he's not to good at stand up comedy, and yes Stephen fry is so clever and i am sooooooooo happy he is well again.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 6th, 2006 at 06:15pm
What was he ill?

Do tell!
Canadian_saint
Idiot
Canadian_saint
August 6th, 2006 at 10:59pm
Ive just beenw atching blackadder goes fourth, the ending always makes me cry Crying or Very sad

George is my fav character, hugh laurie is a genius
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 7th, 2006 at 04:39am
Flaming Phalanges!:
What was he ill?

Do tell!

ok i'll tell all,

well he had a nervous breakdown about 6 years ago and he didnt want to work, and he was dirty and he just didnt want to do anything and he even dispeared for a while before getting the help he needed, his freinds were so concerened about him that they thought he was going to do somthing stupid, Hugh Laurie (his acting partner for many years) urged him to come back and get help, and he did, and even though i dont know stephen fry i was so worried that he wouldnt come back ever, i was wishing him back everyday, I started to like him in Jeeves and Wooster and i havent been able to dislike him since then he is funny and genuine, and if anyone who watches IQ and see's him having a go at the welsh guy on there should know that they are actually best of friends,
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 7th, 2006 at 05:00am
Really? I didn't know that! *hugs him* He's just so lovely it doesn't seem fair! He's absolutely hilarious too. Je's just awesome tbh.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
August 7th, 2006 at 06:47am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Really? I didn't know that! *hugs him* He's just so lovely it doesn't seem fair! He's absolutely hilarious too. Je's just awesome tbh.

i know he just seems so huggable
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 7th, 2006 at 10:05am
When I went to see The New Statesman, we waited around by the stagedoor to meet Rik Mayall (which we did Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy) and there was this guy who had the Blackadder DVD that Rik Mayall was in. Anyway, when Rik showed up and chatted to us all for a bit, the guy asked him to sign this Blackadder DVD and Rik took our big black marker pen and proceeded to sign his name and write "TWAT" in large letters across Rowan Atkinsons face.

And that's my story that has vague connections to Blackadder. Cool
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 8th, 2006 at 07:24am
Peardrops:
When I went to see The New Statesman, we waited around by the stagedoor to meet Rik Mayall (which we did Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy) and there was this guy who had the Blackadder DVD that Rik Mayall was in. Anyway, when Rik showed up and chatted to us all for a bit, the guy asked him to sign this Blackadder DVD and Rik took our big black marker pen and proceeded to sign his name and write "TWAT" in large letters across Rowan Atkinsons face.

And that's my story that has vague connections to Blackadder. Cool

lol....
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 8th, 2006 at 07:50am
I used to watch it, but Rowan Atkinson got too annoying for me.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 13th, 2006 at 08:12am
I LOVE HUGH LAURIE!!! He's so funny. And he puts on great accents. Good American accent too. In House, I love how you can look into his eyes and still see his spark that he has in Blackaddar.

I love in the second series the final one, with him as the German Master of Disguise. And the guards. Ein, zwei! Appo-lo-gies! Lmao! Qveen! 'I have decided to spend the ransom money on a biiig party. Hope you're not too muffed. Byyyyeeeee!'

'I'm...a--bastard son OF A BITCH!!!' And they shake hands. lmfao
'Well, in that case, you're a fornicating baboon.'
'...Que?'
'Oh, dear. Uh you, tu.'
'Si, tu.' Guard points at himself.
'Fornicating...yes I can't really do it in this box.'

'If I admit that I'm in love with Satan and all his little wizards, then you shall cut off my testicles with some kind of blunt garden implent, we haven't quite figured that out yet, and roast them over a large fire, but if I don't admit that I'm in love with then you shall hold me over a large vat of marmalade...'
'Y!'
'Oh! And cut off my testicles with a garden implent, and roast them over a large fire.
'Well, in that case, I'm in love with Satan.'
'Oh, it's a scyth!'

lmfao lmfao lmfao
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 13th, 2006 at 08:13am
AND I LOVE BALDRICK! The end of the fourth one is so sad... Crying or Very sad I always cry when I see it.
Canadian_saint
Idiot
Canadian_saint
August 14th, 2006 at 11:56am
Anji:
AND I LOVE BALDRICK! The end of the fourth one is so sad... Crying or Very sad I always cry when I see it.

I know, its so sad
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 14th, 2006 at 03:51pm
Canadian_saint:
Anji:

I know, its so sad

We persuaded our humanities teacher to let us watch it, 'cause it was vaguely similar to our topic. T'was sad. Tragically humorous.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 14th, 2006 at 04:42pm
Peardrops:
Canadian_saint:
Anji:

I know, its so sad

We persuaded our humanities teacher to let us watch it, 'cause it was vaguely similar to our topic. T'was sad. Tragically humorous.

yeh our history teacher let us watch it and he was in tears lol we've never let him live it down
Canadian_saint
Idiot
Canadian_saint
August 14th, 2006 at 08:48pm
my brother took my dvd in to show his teacher coz she'd never seen it before, she ended up keeping it for a week re-watching it
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 15th, 2006 at 03:15pm
Gilly the Goldfish:

yeh our history teacher let us watch it and he was in tears lol we've never let him live it down

lmfao
Register