Older music or New music

AuthorMessage
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
August 18th, 2006 at 06:46am
define "old". chances are, nirvana are not "old". if thats the case, i like metallica and slayer and sabbath but i like chimaira, slipknot, and trivium. go figure.
Sylar
Falling In Love With The Board
Sylar
August 18th, 2006 at 07:30am
I totally idolise bands from way back when that didn't revolutionise music as such, but definitely made a big impact on today's music scene like Black Sabbath, KISS, The Cure, Queen, the Ramones and although I can't stand them, I respect the Beatles for how they changed so much.
But at the same time, some of my favourite bands are quite recent in terms of music- HIM for example, AFI and Cradle Of Filth.
Basically, I can't say what's better. I mean without the early bands I mentioned a lot of today's bands would either not be inspired or would have a much different sound.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
August 18th, 2006 at 07:35am
Pastor of Muppets:
define "old". chances are, nirvana are not "old". if thats the case, i like metallica and slayer and sabbath but i like chimaira, slipknot, and trivium. go figure.

That's right. Nirvana isn't really old.

Whatever, I respect those 'old' bands, and I guess they quiet influenced a lot my Favorite bands of today.
TinkerChelle
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
TinkerChelle
August 18th, 2006 at 08:02am
Ze Nerd, Bitch:
Both. Just depends on what you listen to.

same here
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
August 18th, 2006 at 09:19am
A lot of people hate The Beatles for some reason or another. The main reason for this seems to be the happy smiley "she loves you ya ya ya" image that most people have of them. What a lot of people nowadays, especially those born after they were around, don't realise is how much they changed music.

For a start, they played a version of pop that was virtually unheard of, or at least in the mainstream, in their early years. They took this so fucking far its unbelievable. If you imagine, for a second, that Green Day were chased down the street by hundreds of people every time they set foot out of a building, you'd get an idea of just how popular they were; how much of a 'thing' they'd become.

They progressed musically and lyrically through their career. Tried (and admittedly failed) to make the first concept album, made some of the heaviest stuff around before Zeppelin and Sabbath, and their various musical influences came from surf, psychadelica, old school rock n roll and so on. They weren't just the Hard Days Night stereotype. So dislike them for reasons other than their image.

By the way, this isn't aimed AT anyone. I just needed to get it off my chest Smile
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
August 18th, 2006 at 09:28am
depends really on my mood.
Bamboozler
Idiot
Bamboozler
August 18th, 2006 at 12:21pm
It kind of reminds me of that making friends song. One is Silver and the other Gold. XDD I feel messed up today.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
August 18th, 2006 at 12:28pm
Depends on my mood.
Buckfast Wine.
Falling In Love With The Board
Buckfast Wine.
August 18th, 2006 at 12:41pm
I don't mind, as long as it sounds good, I don't care what era it's from.
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
August 18th, 2006 at 12:41pm
I like what I like.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
August 18th, 2006 at 12:43pm
Overall, new.

I only like two or three bands that are pre-90's
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
August 18th, 2006 at 02:06pm
I like both but I prefer listening to 'old' music more. Older bands such as Guns N' Roses, Hanoi Rocks, Vixen, Poison, Sex Pistols... basically, I like the '80s and '70s.
michaeldirnt
Idiot
michaeldirnt
August 18th, 2006 at 02:08pm
Most bands i like are old
theres only a few still going that i like
Watoosh!
Geek
Watoosh!
August 18th, 2006 at 09:38pm
i like more older stuff, but there's a lot more older stuff out there than there is new stuff, you know?

well, i like a few new bands like the koffin kats and billy talent, but i like a lot more older bands. from the 50's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.
Register