References in Green Days Music

AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 27th, 2006 at 06:54pm
You guys... songs having the same words doesnt make them " rip off's". Believe it or not, anyone can use all the words in the dictionary. Cool Song's can even have differnet words and they could have copied subject matter.
wake the dead.
This Board Is My Home
wake the dead.
September 28th, 2006 at 03:11am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
You guys... songs having the same words doesnt make them " rip off's". Believe it or not, anyone can use all the words in the dictionary. Cool Song's can even have differnet words and they could have copied subject matter.

About mine, it's pretty much known that's where they got "reject all-american" from anyway Cool
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 3rd, 2006 at 05:02am
I_worship_tre_Cool:

It's not really about rip-offs. It's just...weird coincidences and possibly references. Nothing is a rip-off until it's proven to be. *supports Green Day shamelessly*
revolutionregained
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
revolutionregained

Mibba
October 3rd, 2006 at 05:35am
lyrical_gaah52:
+Maiku-San+:
since were going off on random connetions here,
Bad Religion came out with Recipe for Hate on Setember 21st, 1993 and there's a song on that album called "American Jesus".
American Idiot came out on Setember 21st, 2004 and OBV there's a song called "Jesus of Suburbia" on it. interesting similarities no?

...I know of three men who haven't been very original with the titles of their latest album.

...what does OBV mean? Anyway, back on topic, I think this is like a case of Opal Mehta. They've absorbed so much stuff that they ended up including some of it. By the way, American Fool is by John Cougar Mellencamp and was released in 1982.

On it, there's a song called "Jack and Diane", which Amazon describes as a poignant slice of life from a small town somewhere in middle America. Jesus of Suburbia is about a guy who lives in a suburb/small town in America and it's JOS' point of view about life in his town.

This is interesting.

oh my god people, you act as if a guy that lives in a small town in america is a weird subject.

...you just described half the population of the USA. so why bother trying to say its 'an interesting similarity'? its not like they both happened to sing a song about a sandwhich composed of cheese,kiwi's, and eggo's.....

Wink
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
October 3rd, 2006 at 05:59am
You know, you can find a million references if you want..
Miss_Minority039
Geek
Miss_Minority039

Mibba
October 3rd, 2006 at 06:04am
i agree
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 3rd, 2006 at 06:16am
Heart stops beating:
You know, you can find a million references if you want..

Yes, we can. This is fun for me and maybe for some other people. No one cares about dead serious "OMG COINKYDINK" type things. Finding references in music is part of it for me. Don't be such killjoys.
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
October 3rd, 2006 at 06:18am
Look at pulling teeth and that Metallica song. That's a refrence and it's been confirmed (I think...) That they actually did use part of the song title because it fits with the lyircs.
Fashion Zombies!
Jackass
Fashion Zombies!

Mibba Blog
October 4th, 2006 at 07:11am
Oooh another refrence is the Dead Kennedys.

You all know the line from Minority

"Down with the Moral Majority"

The Dead Kennedys have a song called "Moral Majority"
Register