Ban Animal Dissection

AuthorMessage
FeeneyKid
Jackass
FeeneyKid
October 17th, 2006 at 06:18pm
Click here

You guys, this is a really serious issue that needs to be spread around. This video shows what is done to animals who are being used for dissection.

If you have a weak stomach, who cares. Just watch the video. I hope it changes your mind about dissection. Cats are tortured alive and a dog gets it's head slammed in a car door. Animals are beaten with metal rods. The managers of the building that prepares these animals for dissection in schools lie about what goes on inside.
FeeneyKid
Jackass
FeeneyKid
October 17th, 2006 at 06:21pm
Come on people!!!
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 17th, 2006 at 06:28pm
We only perform heart dissections at my school.
I'm cool with that. It was actually fascinating, really.
I'm opposed to a ban because I found it about a hundred times more educational than anything i've ever done in Biology class. Thats because I learn by doing things. Not from textbooks or simulations, but thats just me.

Besides, the hearts were only going to get eaten anyway, might as well have used them for something educational.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 17th, 2006 at 08:15pm
Well first off thats a PETA video, no offense to those who support Peta, but they are a bunch of extremeist political fools in my opinion. Do you see them out their doing anything? No, they put little videos on the internet to cause issues. They want the publicity, and actually helping animals becomes a second priority and that really aggitates me.

Not every single company that provides animals to schools is like that. Disecting animals can provide a more hands on experience for students, which is better for learning. However I am strongly against the needless slaughtering of animals. Animals that die of natural causes I am fine with being used for disection (and those companies to exist) but for high school students I don't find it needed. They arent testing out drugs to benifit the human race or making break through medical discoveries, it's a high school biology course or some science course.

I don't think it should be banned all together, but I hate the fact that it is mandatory in so many schools. It is in mine and I refuse to disect a mouse, which basically means I will be failing biology 1st quarter but I honestly don't care. I'm not a murdered and the mice they use did not die of natural causes.
Uncle Fester
Idiot
Uncle Fester
October 18th, 2006 at 06:44am
i think, there is some thing wrong with disecting animal alive or being creul before the disection, if you are omly disecting something that was gonna be eaten, then its alright
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
October 18th, 2006 at 03:11pm
sorry, but you forgot the other option, "I don't think it's cruel, but it is disgusting"

I know you're pro-PETA so already you have a pretty biased background, but you aren't allowed to be one-sided in your opening argument, you have to be general and make it an open discussion, not a "agree with me or you're the stupid one" post

those posts are pwned by me, Steph, Anji, or Kitti later
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 18th, 2006 at 03:12pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Well first off thats a PETA video, no offense to those who support Peta, but they are a bunch of extremeist political fools in my opinion. Do you see them out their doing anything? No, they put little videos on the internet to cause issues. They want the publicity, and actually helping animals becomes a second priority and that really aggitates me.

Not every single company that provides animals to schools is like that. Disecting animals can provide a more hands on experience for students, which is better for learning. However I am strongly against the needless slaughtering of animals. Animals that die of natural causes I am fine with being used for disection (and those companies to exist) but for high school students I don't find it needed. They arent testing out drugs to benifit the human race or making break through medical discoveries, it's a high school biology course or some science course.

I don't think it should be banned all together, but I hate the fact that it is mandatory in so many schools. It is in mine and I refuse to disect a mouse, which basically means I will be failing biology 1st quarter but I honestly don't care. I'm not a murdered and the mice they use did not die of natural causes.
dammit, you already pwned this issue before me!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 18th, 2006 at 05:08pm
spill_no_sick:
dammit, you already pwned this issue before me!

Oh, don't worry. We'll get at least 20 pages of "zomg teh poor animalz" and you can pwn all those ~~
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
October 18th, 2006 at 10:38pm
I've always thought that they could easily make a computer program where you virtually dissect an animal. When I was in middle school I didn't want to dissect because of the gross factor. Now that I'm older I wouldn't dissect for other reasons, but fortunately I never had to make that decision again.
bratbassist
Idiot
bratbassist
October 19th, 2006 at 06:36am
I think as long as te animal was picked up from the butchers (like we do at out school) Its ok. the animal was already dead and we learn alot.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 19th, 2006 at 06:57am
I love disecting animals. It helps me learn. I'm a visual learner, and I won't let anything take that away from me.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
October 19th, 2006 at 12:21pm
I've never had to do anything other than a chicken leg, but ive watched my teacher do other things and it made me feel sick. besides, what purpose does it really serve? if you want to do it, fine by me but it shouldnt be compulsory because you shouldnt fail a GCSE or something because of you're moral beliefs. in my mind thats like saying someone should fail Religion because they're muslim. which is stupid im sure everyone agrees
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
October 19th, 2006 at 12:23pm
animal cruelty i have no time for but animal dissection is somtimes a good thing, it helps children learn and it also helps medical research,
Drops of Jupiter
Idiot
Drops of Jupiter
October 19th, 2006 at 04:29pm
Ok so some of the animals are put in conditions they really shouldn't and i don't agree with that. But this isn't the case for all animals. I totally agree with disection for medical and biological purposes. Having watched disection at school I think it's fascinating.

I want to go to medical school, you disect real human bodies there.......cool, eh?
steady riot.
steady riot.
October 19th, 2006 at 04:58pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:

You obviously don't know much about PETA, then. I'm a supporter, and they have many things. Animal liberation- It's their first priority. And they put those videos up so that they can inform people of whats actually happening. It's not as believable when it's just in writing, but when you see the videos, then it's believable.

I'm against the dissection of animals, not just because I'm a vegetarian.
I've got a very weak stomach, and even before I was a vegetarian, I always thought it was wrong and gross.

I don't think it's right the way they get them. They're bred to do this, and then "harvested." I hold the same opinion on this, as I do with the slaughter of animals for food. There are other alternatives to this. They have computer programs that show you the exact samething. It's cruelty-free and it's not messy.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 19th, 2006 at 05:32pm
Baby, I'm an Anarchist:

You obviously don't know much about PETA, then. I'm a supporter, and they have many things. Animal liberation- It's their first priority. And they put those videos up so that they can inform people of whats actually happening. It's not as believable when it's just in writing, but when you see the videos, then it's believable.

Im going to make a thread for activist groups before we get way off topic Fizz
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 19th, 2006 at 05:44pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Baby, I'm an Anarchist:

Im going to make a thread for activist groups before we get way off topic Fizz
yeah, you are uninformed...I happen to love their propaganda and since I have a weak stomach they're obviously right...I mean, IT APPLIES DIRECTLY TO ME!

now this is me speaking: you're mod, isn't there some rule saying that they have to put fair choices on polls or give both sides of the issue in the opening statement?
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
October 19th, 2006 at 05:47pm
Baby, I'm an Anarchist:
There are other alternatives to this. They have computer programs that show you the exact samething. It's cruelty-free and it's not messy.

Cruelty free and non-educational. Because that totally denies Kinesthetic learners their right to education. Clicking away at a computer screen is no good for some when they can actually slice an aorta open with their own hands and see exactly what it looks like and feel it with their own hands.
Uhm, this is a slight side track, but medical students disect animals (and humans). But would you actually feel safe if your surgeon had never actually touched real flesh and done all of his or her training via a computer?.
spill_no_sick:
now this is me speaking: you're mod, isn't there some rule saying that they have to put fair choices on polls or give both sides of the issue in the opening statement?

Actually, in the section rules there is no rule about polls. They don't actually matter, per se..
Plus, you only have to give your own opinion. According to the section rules.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 19th, 2006 at 06:20pm
spill_no_sick:

Actually you have to put your opinion in a post, but if you post links to a bunch of one sides sites your opinion obviously wouldnt be taken as seriously. Like in the activist thread I made I posted how I felt about PETA, but I also linked back to their official site so people can form their own opinions Fizz
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 19th, 2006 at 08:06pm
[QUOTE="Baby, Ithen on that note, I voted "I don't know enough" which means, "I don't think it's wrong what's wrong is one-sided assholes like PETA"
Register