Ban Animal Dissection

AuthorMessage
FeeneyKid
Jackass
FeeneyKid
October 21st, 2006 at 02:26pm
I actually put a thing on the poll that said 'I don't think it's cruel at all' but I forgot to save it and I submitted it, and it didnt show up O_O sry lol
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
October 21st, 2006 at 05:18pm
MechanicalMan:
I actually put a thing on the poll that said 'I don't think it's cruel at all' but I forgot to save it and I submitted it, and it didnt show up O_O sry lol
I'm pretty sure you're allowed to edit
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 21st, 2006 at 05:37pm
Sometimes when I made polls in poetry topics it did that, no matter how many options I put it only showed two. I dunno why it does that. Polls really arent important anyways for Gsb purposes.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
October 21st, 2006 at 07:08pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Sometimes when I made polls in poetry topics it did that, no matter how many options I put it only showed two. I dunno why it does that. Polls really arent important anyways for Gsb purposes.
I just think they are when it's in SD...but I'm getting off topic and I no longer have mod power to prevent the GSB law applying to me so I'll quit whining now
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 21st, 2006 at 07:16pm
spill_no_sick:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
I just think they are when it's in SD...but I'm getting off topic and I no longer have mod power to prevent the GSB law applying to me so I'll quit whining now

If It bothers you I'll ask Dujo why it does that, but yeah back on topic.
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
October 21st, 2006 at 07:16pm
In 8th grade I raised an arguement to the priciple of the school about not using disection as a tool for learning. There are other ways. We have scientists to map out the body parts for us so we dont need to kill so many animals. Would you rather kill like 10 for the scientists or ship out hundreds to school every year.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 05:43pm
i LOVE dissections
its so much fun
once i got to autopsy a dead bird, it was natural causes
and one day it shall be humans i dissect, probally not dead of natural causes
well, anyway, u gotta find some use for them and what better use than education
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!
Jackass
I Am So Beautiful! FUCK!

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 07:16pm
I think it's horrible to use animals for dissection. I'm against it.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 08:20pm
I don't like it because they pump drugs into animals specifically for disection.
They abort pigs babies so they have animals to dissect on.
I think that they should create a computer program with virtual disection, because disection does have some merit.
But this way nothing has to get hurt.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 08:48pm
Of course Im against animals being treated wrongly. But I want to dissect the cat in Biology ._. Hypocrite, right? Id find it waaaaay more interesting to dissect the real non-living animal and Id learn alot more that way. Trust me everyone over here sure would aswell but, of course it doesnt make it right :/
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 08:50pm
My counselor said in high school the teacher pulled a living kitten out, set it on the desk, and told anyone who was squeamish to leave.
She was getting up to leave when he broke the kitten's neck.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 08:51pm
Sheepo@_@:
Of course Im against animals being treated wrongly. But I want to dissect the cat in Biology ._. Hypocrite, right? Id find it waaaaay more interesting to dissect the real non-living animal and Id learn alot more that way. Trust me everyone over here sure would aswell but, of course it doesnt make it right :/

You might find it more interesting, but you could learn just as much through a software dissection simulation program.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 08:53pm
druscilla; in rags:
My counselor said in high school the teacher pulled a living kitten out, set it on the desk, and told anyone who was squeamish to leave.
She was getting up to leave when he broke the kitten's neck.
Oh, Id start crying if that happened. I believe everyone would o_o Or atleast think the teacher was a pyscho. Thats why I considered myself to be a hypocrite to this issue. Because I want to dissect the cat but I wouldnt want to see it murdered that way. AT ALL.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 08:55pm
druscilla; in rags:
Sheepo@_@:

You might find it more interesting, but you could learn just as much through a software dissection simulation program.
Is that like a different computer type thing? Like a whole different machine especially for that? If so our school wouldnt be able to afford that. I dont know how much the dead cats cost either but I know our teacher said we could only afford..five cats .-.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 10:18pm
Sheepo@_@:
druscilla; in rags:
Sheepo@_@:

Is that like a different computer type thing? Like a whole different machine especially for that? If so our school wouldnt be able to afford that. I dont know how much the dead cats cost either but I know our teacher said we could only afford..five cats .-.

I don't know if they actually have one yet.
I think it's a good solution.
And, yes, I'm sure they could make one for a computer.
I mean, seriously, they can make software to make things blink.
I'm sure you can drag your mouse along a frog's stomach and make it "cut open" on a computer.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 12:08am
no computer programme could compare to the real thing
and that kitten thing is hilarious
animals are icky, who cares, dissections are cool
Vanity
Vanity
April 15th, 2007 at 12:37am
Apparently people in this thread care...
And no, 'that kitten thing' is not hilarious. In most states if someone were to kill an animal like that, they would be put in jail or fined these days. At my old school a teacher and a student were fined close to $1000 each for improperly killing a cat for dissection. They didn't take it to be euthanized humanely, they snapped its neck, and they payed the price....though I still feel they should have been jailed...

I'm against most dissections in the classroom. No creature on Earth deserves to be pumped full of drugs to kill them just so they can have their bodies and insides torn apart, studied, then thrown away. Animals who died of natural causes and are then dissected, I have no problem with. The animal died naturally, it served it's purpose in life, and now it can be used to educate. That is how I think it should be done.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 12:44am
Vanity:
And no, 'that kitten thing' is not hilarious. In most states if someone were to kill an animal like that, they would be put in jail or fined these days. At my old school a teacher and a student were fined close to $1000 each for improperly killing a cat for dissection. They didn't take it to be euthanized humanely, they snapped its neck, and they payed the price....though I still feel they should have been jailed...

I'm against most dissections in the classroom. No creature on Earth deserves to be pumped full of drugs to kill them just so they can have their bodies and insides torn apart, studied, then thrown away. Animals who died of natural causes and are then dissected, I have no problem with. The animal died naturally, it served it's purpose in life, and now it can be used to educate. That is how I think it should be done.
their only animals they have no fucking purpose
all they do is sleep and eat and annoy me
the world would be a little less irritating with fewer kittens, and the fine would be worth it

and whavere, the kitten thing was hilarious, i cant help it if my natural reaction to reading the story was to laugh
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
April 15th, 2007 at 01:36am
Be Your Own Pet!:
Vanity:

their only animals they have no fucking purpose
all they do is sleep and eat and annoy me
the world would be a little less irritating with fewer kittens, and the fine would be worth it

and whavere, the kitten thing was hilarious, i cant help it if my natural reaction to reading the story was to laugh

Humans are just animals.
You're not that superior. 75% of human genes are the same as those of a banana.

And I really don't care if animals annoy you. Go lock yourself in a box. Just because something annoys you doesn't give you the right to kill it.

And computer dissections aren't the real thing. That's what I'm against, the real thing. A simulation in school is just fine. When you're in med school, cut cadavers.
Bones
Bones

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 02:05am
i will do, but humans are superior, we may share genes in common with banannas but there's a reason we can be having this dispute and they cant
Register