What Has Green Day done for you?/ being punk?

AuthorMessage
MyNameIsKatie
Geek
MyNameIsKatie

Mibba
May 31st, 2008 at 10:43pm
like green day has helped me be myself more. i now play guitar cuz of green day. this the first band i actually love and like to read about it and stuff like that.
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
June 4th, 2008 at 08:53pm
I dont think green day helped me in any way of being "punk". I think that with their lyrics and the power of every single instrument, saved my life. It may seem dramatic and call me emo if you're that closed minded, but through the roughest times in my life, they gave me passion and made me believe that life sucked, but music will always have the intensity that people lack at times.
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
June 4th, 2008 at 08:53pm
I dont think green day helped me in any way of being "punk". I think that with their lyrics and the power of every single instrument, saved my life. It may seem dramatic and call me emo if you're that closed minded, but through the roughest times in my life, they gave me passion and made me believe that life sucked, but music will always have the intensity that people lack at times.
Love my insanity
Jackass
Love my insanity
June 4th, 2008 at 08:54pm
*Sorry I posted twice. My computer froze*
captain america
GSBitch
captain america

Blog
June 5th, 2008 at 08:48pm
Green Day actually hasn't taught me all that much..
The only thing I got out of them was the beloved phrase "I wanna be the Minority"
And with that phrase, no one in school wants to hang out with me, because I'm known to wear and do some of the craziest shit known to person..
O_O
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
June 7th, 2008 at 06:47pm
You know what it's taught me? You shouldn't give a fuck what people say because those people end up as Satan's ass pimples. It's like what Dr. Seuss said: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
Also, I learned to express myself in any way that I MYSELF see fit. If other people think it's stupid and I get in trouble for doing it, but I think it's worth it, I'll just say "fuck it" and I'll do it. The same thing happened when i dyed my hair pink. A lot of people's faces got messed up that day, but in my school nobody gives a fuck. The principal just sat there and watched. Fun day for Skylar.
sweetgreengirl
Idiot
sweetgreengirl
June 8th, 2008 at 10:48pm
Well, Green Day made me who I am now.
They taught me everything!
They introduced me to all of my favorite bands.
I started playing the guitar.
To do and say what I want.
They showed me that the music is my only true passion.....it is my life!
Punks_Not_Dead_Yet
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Punks_Not_Dead_Yet
June 9th, 2008 at 12:25pm
I was a really shy girly girly once but then i started listening to Green Day Blink182 n My Chemical Romance i changed compleatly i started dressing all punk rocker and become more individual and no longer shy but the other thing that changed me was the songs coz i actually listen to the lyrics and they really mean something and its all true and so insparational i beleive every word they say...Also i did loose some friends in the process well 2 coz they cudnt take the change and so they carried on being chavy girly girlys and i had fun with my life being a punk rocker
and punk isnt just music its a life style i choose to live....and i love it Smile
Spider Billie
Post Whore
Spider Billie

Blog
July 2nd, 2008 at 05:27pm
they made me who i am today.
you could call me punk,
you could call me emo,
I DON'T CARE!
i'm my own person.
and thats what green day made me.
AJS92
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
AJS92
July 4th, 2008 at 07:49am
they have changed my life.

if it weren't for green day id probably be listening to gay techno like most of my mates.

i am thankful everyday that im not one of those faggots that bag green day.

i have never seen them live though, so i've never been able to see the best in action.
Jello Biafra.
Falling In Love With The Board
Jello Biafra.

Blog
July 5th, 2008 at 09:32pm
I wouldn't really say that they helped me 'get punk', but they definatly introduced me to alot of bands such as The Clash and Operation Ivy. They were also one of the first bands that I learned about the DIY ethic, which is bascially how I run my life. I was inspired at how they all came from suburbia with messed-up lives and they were able to turn it into something terrific and amazing; their music.
x_x_Whatsername_x_x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
x_x_Whatsername_x_x
August 2nd, 2008 at 11:13pm
Green Day taught me that it doesn't matter what people think about you, and that they don't have the right to judge you. Listening to their music is the best thing that's ever happened to me, and it saved me. They've inspired me to be the one thing that I should have wanted to be all along: myself.
supernaturalfreak21
Jackass
supernaturalfreak21
August 3rd, 2008 at 08:56am
Listening to Green Day helped me with fashion..amazingly. I used to dress up all preppy..or try, but now I dress punk with converse and band T-shirts. It's wayy more comfortable:]
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
September 17th, 2008 at 05:30am
fashion wise i agree with supernaturalfreak21 totally down to the converse and band tees bein comfortable..

but honestly GD kinda stuffed up my concentration at school..but like that matters :/
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
September 17th, 2008 at 05:47am
actually, reading other posts i've realised green day has actually had a DRAMITIC effect on my lifee.

they have made me who i am now like i used to be a shy girl who liked eminem and ashlee simspon [weird combo, i no] and turned myself into someone who looks back at my past and thinks how i wasted my lifee getting my homework done BEFORE the due date and all that teachers pet stuff attatched. speakingg of which my hmwrk is due tomorrow and i haven't finished and it's nearlly 8:00..meh i'll do it in the morning....maybehh if im bothered.

SEEEEEE im different noww. Very Happy
viva la gloria.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
viva la gloria.
September 20th, 2008 at 08:45am
Green Day influenced my listening. I actually listen to better music.

It gave me something to look forward to in bad days and afternoons.

They inspired me to learn to play the guitar.

I discovered the real 'me'.

And most of all, Green Day shared the joy of being Green Day with me.

Wait, one more thing: Because of Green Day, I discovered the coolness that is Tre Cool.
yellowstickerface
Geek
yellowstickerface
September 27th, 2008 at 08:53am
Green day changed my life.
Before green day i wasn't into music at all.
All i heard was crappy radio pop music.
Green Day were the first punk band i ever heard, they changed everything.
Just how it was against everything, and it fitted how i felt my whole life so well.
They inspired me to pick up and guitar and start a band, now music is my life.

I don't know who i'd be without them!
Thankyou Green Day!
shiney_socks
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
shiney_socks
September 28th, 2008 at 01:23pm
it has tought me that being my self is cool and that i shouldnt mind being judged also they inspited me to learn to play the guitar and i love it ♪♫♪
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
October 8th, 2008 at 06:48pm
they introduced me to oddly coloured hair dudee Cool
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
October 9th, 2008 at 01:43am
I really have some sort of emotional attachment to this band. Everytime things go wrong and I just want to give up, I think of them and I calm down. I've had times when I'm crying and play their music. I swear it's like they're holding my hand thru it all.
Register