Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 9th, 2007 at 06:24pm
spill_no_sick:
ummmm, all three of them had nothing except anti-depressants
you know who they are right?

anti-depressants can only help so much (what I was saying before) but the rest is for society to figure out

and if we want to be shallow assholes things like that happen
I agree. They aren't the best examples.
ha_ha_you're_screwed
Geek
ha_ha_you're_screwed

Mibba Blog
February 9th, 2007 at 06:25pm
spill_no_sick:
of course they help a lot of people, but then again the suicide rate of people on anti-depressants.....not to mention they found anti-depressants in the systems of some pretty famous people

Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Jeff Weise....

I think that it goes to an extent of how much you put in your body. Anti Depressants can help but shoving the whole bottle in your mouth is ODing, just like any other drug you have too much of. Those people either were mixing the anti-depressant with something else or using way too much of it.

When it comes to all these drugs I kind of stay back on commenting, I've had my fair share of medications, Ritalin being one of them. I'm trying to be on both sides here.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
February 9th, 2007 at 06:33pm
Geez Nick... I doubled checked tox reports of them and yes they had only therapeutic levels of Antidepressants...

But those were not good examples... Those boys had SERIOUS issues that were not addressed by their family and health professionals. It wasn't the MEDS that made them shoot up an entire high school but rather their illnesses that were unchecked and unmonitored.

I believe if their parents had given a shit about those boys that entire episode might not have turned out the way it did by not even happening at all.

Blame the parents not the meds.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
February 10th, 2007 at 11:32am
sampalletband:
Geez Nick... I doubled checked tox reports of them and yes they had only therapeutic levels of Antidepressants...

But those were not good examples... Those boys had SERIOUS issues that were not addressed by their family and health professionals. It wasn't the MEDS that made them shoot up an entire high school but rather their illnesses that were unchecked and unmonitored.

I believe if their parents had given a shit about those boys that entire episode might not have turned out the way it did by not even happening at all.

Blame the parents not the meds.
that's exactly what I said

remember?

"anti-depressants can only help so far, the rest is the responsibility of the parents and society"

and yeah, serious problems
serious problems that couldn't be solved with therapy or anti-depressants

which is why I feel so strongly about this issue
hardly anyone realizes how much damage has been done and how much work there is to repair
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 05:06am
I really think that pills have become the easy answer in today's go - go society.
Nobody has the time, or rather, isnt in the position to make the time, for themselves.

I have never been prescribed any kind of anti-depressants and Im pretty happy about that. Im pretty sure that I have depression, but I don't think you can actually know when you're a teenager, with all the hormonal shit going on.

ANYWAYS, I think that we are all a little pill-happy when it comes to medical problems. I really think that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT) is one of the better, drug-free options.

CBT is where the person suffering from Depression is given help and guidance on how to change their thinking patterns. So, like, instead of someone doubting themselves, they are taught other ways to deal and stuff.

Basically, I think medication should be the absolute final option in cases like this.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
February 11th, 2007 at 08:59am
SAINTâ„¢:
I really think that pills have become the easy answer in today's go - go society.
Nobody has the time, or rather, isnt in the position to make the time, for themselves.

I have never been prescribed any kind of anti-depressants and Im pretty happy about that. Im pretty sure that I have depression, but I don't think you can actually know when you're a teenager, with all the hormonal shit going on.

ANYWAYS, I think that we are all a little pill-happy when it comes to medical problems. I really think that Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT) is one of the better, drug-free options.

CBT is where the person suffering from Depression is given help and guidance on how to change their thinking patterns. So, like, instead of someone doubting themselves, they are taught other ways to deal and stuff.

Basically, I think medication should be the absolute final option in cases like this.

CBT and DBT alone are only good for illnesses where medication won't help; such as with Borderline Personality disorder which is what I have. I engage in DBT all day every day (I have some interesting things about DBT in my journals at Mibba)

I will stand by my opinion that a COMBINATION of meds and therapy is the way to go in order to fully and correctly combact any mental illness.
miyako xxx
Geek
miyako xxx
February 11th, 2007 at 07:18pm
i used to go to therapy for it but i guess i wasn't all too comfortable with my therapist
to really dicuss it. i'm kinda just trying to get by with it for now, hopeful i can find a new
therapist though. that and when i'm eighteen they might try to put me on some
anti depressant to see if it will help any.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 12th, 2007 at 01:43am
SAINTâ„¢:

I agree with you on that, 100%

My brother has ADHD, and the first thing my sister said when she found out was "What pills are they putting him on?", just the way my friends reacted to me when I was having one of my down periods. "Why don't you get on some sort of medication?"

Pills are definately the easy way out, so that people don't have to address the issue at hand.
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
February 12th, 2007 at 10:35am
WeFoundTheDuck:

Pills are definately the easy way out, so that people don't have to address the issue at hand.

I'm sorry but pills are NOT an easy way out. Meds help people get to a point where they can function normally and where therapy can actually help. Therapy without meds for people who have been diagnosed with a mental illness is useless. If you are so depressed that you want to die just talking to your therapist isn't going to work.

ADD and ADHD can be helped best with a combo of meds and therapy. The meds help the person and the therapy helps them learn new ways to cope.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 12th, 2007 at 08:06pm
sampalletband:
WeFoundTheDuck:

I'm sorry but pills are NOT an easy way out. Meds help people get to a point where they can function normally and where therapy can actually help. Therapy without meds for people who have been diagnosed with a mental illness is useless. If you are so depressed that you want to die just talking to your therapist isn't going to work.

ADD and ADHD can be helped best with a combo of meds and therapy. The meds help the person and the therapy helps them learn new ways to cope.
I don't believe that pills are necessary for treatment. I really don't. I've coped my entire life without them, and my lows are fucking terrible.

I'm not saying that no one should be on anti-depressants. But I don't believe that every last person in the world should be on drugs, considering that with counseling they could work through their problems.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2007 at 04:22pm
Today I went to my school psych and she told me a story of a friend of hers, a 72 year old man, whose son had comitted suicide. He went to the doctor and asked for some medication (she didn't specify what it was) and he told her it was the first time he had ever felt truely happy in his life. And he thought that what he felt his whole life was what a 'normal' person feels.

I'm not saying that meds work magic and help you be totally happy, but they work to the extent of helping a person function.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
February 13th, 2007 at 05:05pm
A Melancholy Autumn:
Today I went to my school psych and she told me a story of a friend of hers, a 72 year old man, whose son had comitted suicide. He went to the doctor and asked for some medication (she didn't specify what it was) and he told her it was the first time he had ever felt truely happy in his life. And he thought that what he felt his whole life was what a 'normal' person feels.

I'm not saying that meds work magic and help you be totally happy, but they work to the extent of helping a person function.
sometimes depression is just an imbalance

but with this generation, the problems are much deeper
Banach95
Banach95

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2007 at 06:28pm
spill_no_sick:
sometimes depression is just an imbalance

but with this generation, the problems are much deeper

It's a shame but that's the god's honest truth.

i don't want to turn into one of those adults that say "I remember when..." or "In my day..." but things are different now, technology, evolution, and environmental factors have contributed to this generation's problems. Couple that with shoddy parenting(not saying ALL parents suck) and that is a recipe for disaster.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
February 14th, 2007 at 03:15pm
in today's society, people really are only concerned about themselves
I could go on for pages about how we are the second coming of the "Me Generation" (coined by Jello Biafra respectively after the death of the Kennedys)
just think on it then examine yourself
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
February 15th, 2007 at 05:13am
WeFoundTheDuck:
sampalletband:
WeFoundTheDuck:

I don't believe that pills are necessary for treatment. I really don't. I've coped my entire life without them, and my lows are fucking terrible.

I'm not saying that no one should be on anti-depressants. But I don't believe that every last person in the world should be on drugs, considering that with counseling they could work through their problems.

you dont believe that medication is needed for illnesses like ADHD and ADD? Well, all i want to say to that is unless YOU have got ADHD/ADD you cannot say how much better the children can cope with the hyperactivity! Before my son had his meds he was uncontrolable, but now he will sit in class and not hit other children, he would hit his teacher, me and his sister and brother, yes therapy is good but it doesnt help with the headaches after a ADHD/ADD fit, my sons school work lvl has doubled and he now deosnt have to go to a school for children with ADHD, and surely thats got to be a good thing? that way then there is a place at that school for children who's perants wont medicate them,

counseling doesnt help every illness and it would be wrong to assume that
Magazine Sickness.
Geek
Magazine Sickness.

Mibba Blog
February 15th, 2007 at 05:37am
Lucifers Angel:
WeFoundTheDuck:
sampalletband:
WeFoundTheDuck:

you dont believe that medication is needed for illnesses like ADHD and ADD? Well, all i want to say to that is unless YOU have got ADHD/ADD you cannot say how much better the children can cope with the hyperactivity! Before my son had his meds he was uncontrolable, but now he will sit in class and not hit other children, he would hit his teacher, me and his sister and brother, yes therapy is good but it doesnt help with the headaches after a ADHD/ADD fit, my sons school work lvl has doubled and he now deosnt have to go to a school for children with ADHD, and surely thats got to be a good thing? that way then there is a place at that school for children who's perants wont medicate them,

she wasnt saying that meds are all bad and should never, under any circumstance be used.
she was saying that she doesnt believe that every last person with a medical problem should be medicated before trying therapy.

I, personally, think that medication can and does work, but not every single living person with an illness needs to be medicated to the nines.

we do over diagnose these days and it is also wrong to assume that we dont.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
February 15th, 2007 at 07:00am
Wasn't there an article about that in some magazine? "Is America Overdosed" or something. Like, if someone's snoring, it means they're overstressed and get some medicine. Insomnia: medicine, depression: medicine, bad dreams: medicine, dyslexia: medicine, ADD: medicine.

Everyone has something wrong with them and it's like there's something wrong if you don't take some kind of medication.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 15th, 2007 at 06:04pm
Lucifers Angel:
WeFoundTheDuck:
sampalletband:
WeFoundTheDuck:

I never said that.

I'm saying that people expect medication to solve every last problem, that you take a pill and POOF you're better. I know for a fact that it doesn't always work like that. Yes, certain people need medication, but there are quite a few who don't.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
February 15th, 2007 at 06:04pm
lyrical_mess:
Wasn't there an article about that in some magazine? "Is America Overdosed" or something. Like, if someone's snoring, it means they're overstressed and get some medicine. Insomnia: medicine, depression: medicine, bad dreams: medicine, dyslexia: medicine, ADD: medicine.

Everyone has something wrong with them and it's like there's something wrong if you don't take some kind of medication.
I've read things saying that, and I agree. There are pills for everything little thing. It's insane. Rolling Eyes
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
February 16th, 2007 at 12:33am
lyrical_mess:

Dyslexia really sucks though. It causes so much frustration, and then the kids start to feel worthless or not as good as the other kids.

Insomnia, that also really sucks. I have nights where I can't sleep at all, you just lie there, and then you get to the point where you're so tired but you can't sleep, and you know when you're really tired you get really emotional? Yeah, yo start to cry and stuff because you're so tired. I don't take anything for insomnia because I go instages where I sleep really well, and then I can't sleep at all, and I don't really want to get addicted to them or anything.

Now. I know this may seem like a contradiction to what I said earlier, but as other people are saying, medicine should be used to get people able to funtion in society.

There are so many people with depression who are able to function in society, but they take medication, and all that does in that case really is putting it on hold until you stop taking the medication. Added to that, many peopl do believe that medicine will magically cure it, so that means that some parents of people on medication think everything's alright, and they stop caring, for lack of a better word.

But the people who have to find the motivation to get out of bed just go to the toilet, I think that for them they should take medication until they're able to find the motivation to do things, until they stop feeling so.. tired. You know what I mean? And then once they can get out of bed and find the motivation to do things, it's a step towards making the changes in themselves and going to therapy.
Register