FILM: Tenacious D In The Pick Of Destiny

AuthorMessage
beans
Geek
beans
November 30th, 2006 at 11:40am
ok i dont think this topic is already done but its a fairly new film and i couldn't fins it in the first five pages. Okay this film features Jack Black and Kyle Gass (Tenacious D) and and they are on a mission to find a guitar pick called the Pick Of Destiny and it is made from the devils tooth and the devil wants it back, which is really cool. This film is incredibly funny, but has a lot of swearing from the start it is rated 15.
Madeluxx
King For A Couple Of Days
Madeluxx

Mibba
November 30th, 2006 at 12:05pm
I reeeeeally wanna see this film!
a-dawg.
Falling In Love With The Board
a-dawg.
November 30th, 2006 at 02:27pm
Went to see it the other week, bloody BRILLIANT. Especially the Clockwork Orange take-off.
miss world
Jackass
miss world
December 1st, 2006 at 12:16am
I saw it & I didn't really like it. idk I guess it's just not my type of humor or something, but I didn't find it funny at all. and the music wasn't good either. I know it's supposed to be a parody of pop-metal & everything, but it just came off as lame to me.

but the devil scene was awesome. the faceoff Laughing & wasn't that Dave Grohl?
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
December 1st, 2006 at 12:20am
I'm quite curious about it. I dont think I want to see it in theatre.

I'm not a big Jack Black fan either.

I'll probably rent it when it comes out though
miss world
Jackass
miss world
December 1st, 2006 at 11:58pm
^^I actually don't mind Jack Black usually. I love School of Rock Wink & Shallow Hal even though it's dumb (well all of these movies are atleast a little dumb but whatever). I just was very disappointed with the Tenacious D movie. I think he got too comfortable & got lazy
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 2nd, 2006 at 08:47am
Ahh Dave Grohl as Satan, they had to have it in there.
I thought it was quite funny..
Especially the bit with Sasquatch..
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
December 2nd, 2006 at 01:44pm
miss world:
I saw it & I didn't really like it. idk I guess it's just not my type of humor or something, but I didn't find it funny at all. and the music wasn't good either. I know it's supposed to be a parody of pop-metal & everything, but it just came off as lame to me.

but the devil scene was awesome. the faceoff Laughing & wasn't that Dave Grohl?

YES IT WAS. Laughing And I haven't even seen it yet. I've heard mixed reviews - some people said it was the dumbest thing they've ever seen, some people said it was the most hilarious thing they've ever seen. Dno
The Fool On The Hill
Had A Life Before GSB
The Fool On The Hill
December 2nd, 2006 at 01:54pm
Probably cuz different people have different sense of humors. I wanna see it
miss world
Jackass
miss world
December 2nd, 2006 at 07:07pm
Janie Jones:
YES IT WAS. Laughing And I haven't even seen it yet. I've heard mixed reviews - some people said it was the dumbest thing they've ever seen, some people said it was the most hilarious thing they've ever seen. Dno

well go see it & make your own opinion. even if you think it's shitty, atleast you get to see Dave Grohl as the devil Cool Laughing
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 2nd, 2006 at 09:56pm
It looks kind of stupid, but at the same time very funny.
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
December 4th, 2006 at 05:37pm
miss world:
Janie Jones:

well go see it & make your own opinion. even if you think it's shitty, atleast you get to see Dave Grohl as the devil Cool Laughing

True, true. Can't go wrong there. Laughing

They were on the Daily Show talking about it and Jack Black was like "Yeah...so we kinda tanked the first weekend..." but then they decided it was because America has a bias against fat people. hahah.
Tom Blinks Me.
Idiot
Tom Blinks Me.
December 4th, 2006 at 09:54pm
Am I the only one who had to read the end credits to know that DAVE GROHL was Satan ?

I was like, "WOAH ! Are you serious ?!"

About the movie though, I thought it was incredibly stupid.

I was very dissappointed in Jack Black.

I usually love his movies, but this one was crap.

I'm not against swearing or anything, but they said 'fuck' at least once in every sentence !

And their songs aren't even that good.

They're basically about whatever situation they're in.

It's rediculous.

And turning off the lazer's with a boner?

How stupid is that ?

Geez.
Togepi.
King For A Couple Of Days
Togepi.
December 5th, 2006 at 01:24pm
I really want to see it. From the trailers it looks cool.
But by the sounds of it, it's overrated...
Faith
Addict
Faith
December 5th, 2006 at 05:24pm
Haushinka [Walking alone]:
Am I the only one who had to read the end credits to know that DAVE GROHL was Satan ?
I'm not against swearing or anything, but they said 'fuck' at least once in every sentence !
It's rediculous.
How stupid is that ?
Geez.

That's what they're all about, really. They're not trying to be incredibly original or anything, their stuff is just made for a certain kind of people. If you like it - great, if you don't - no one's forcing you. What JB does as an actor and what he does with the D are 2 different worlds, so you can't really go to a Tenacious D movie and expect something like Shallow Hal. I mean...what can you expect from a band that has songs about Cock Push-ups, hard fucking, and inward singing? Faith
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
December 6th, 2006 at 08:34am
Faith:
Haushinka [Walking alone]:
It's rediculous.
How stupid is that ?
Geez.

That's what they're all about, really. They're not trying to be incredibly original or anything, their stuff is just made for a certain kind of people. If you like it - great, if you don't - no one's forcing you. What JB does as an actor and what he does with the D are 2 different worlds, so you can't really go to a Tenacious D movie and expect something like Shallow Hal. I mean...what can you expect from a band that has songs about Cock Push-ups, hard fucking, and inward singing? Faith

It was basically Tenacious D's every day life and attitudes in movie form. (Except with perhaps a bit more drama.)
miss world
Jackass
miss world
December 6th, 2006 at 10:44pm
Janie Jones:
miss world:
Janie Jones:

They were on the Daily Show talking about it and Jack Black was like "Yeah...so we kinda tanked the first weekend..." but then they decided it was because America has a bias against fat people. hahah.

Laughing I'm starting to like the Daily Show/Colbert Report more & more. even if I don't completely agree with their political views, it's fuckin funny
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
December 7th, 2006 at 04:23pm
miss world:
Janie Jones:
miss world:
Janie Jones:

Laughing I'm starting to like the Daily Show/Colbert Report more & more. even if I don't completely agree with their political views, it's fuckin funny

Those two shows...are my life. And quite hilarious. If I were older I would marry Jon Stewart in a heartbeat. (Except he's married..) Retard

Anyway. *scurries back to actual topic* I still haven't seen the movie, haven't managed to sneak in yet...but I think I could probably find it funny, just as a ridiculous, dumb parody.
miss world
Jackass
miss world
December 7th, 2006 at 06:06pm
Janie Jones:
Those two shows...are my life. And quite hilarious. If I were older I would marry Jon Stewart in a heartbeat. (Except he's married..) Retard

Laughing & how old is he? he does have gray hair, doesn't he? Laughing
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
December 7th, 2006 at 06:22pm
miss world:
Janie Jones:

Laughing & how old is he? he does have gray hair, doesn't he? Laughing

Oh hush, he's only...44. lmfao Same age as Anthony Kiedis. Wink

[/offtopic]
Register