AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:07am
tyco:

also a domestic dog isnt just a dog that dosnt shit everywhere
i mean some humans shit and piss everywhere if they cant controll themselves. its controll which the dog needs to learn

wgijejkhgeiurhirueh!!!!!!! You irk me. There's a difference between a domestic dog and a domesticated dog. A domestic dog is a dog that is reasonable for one to keep at home and hang out with. Like a collie, a lab, a German shepherd, a St. Barnard, a Scottish terrier (they're so cute!) etc.

A domesticated dog is one that knows what is and is not acceptable within the household. That does not run amok. Domestic dogs are sometimes not fully domesticated/trained. So they must learn.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:07am
.[/quote]

Yea in the "WILD" things are a lot different
why do you think man has trained dog to be domestic.. that point is useless in this debate.[/quote]If your dog is shitting everywhere it obviously isn't domesticated![/quote]

lmfao lmfao lmfao

Tyco, a canine is a canine. Obviously, a collie isn't going to rip into your flesh the way a wolf would, but they're both canines and they both go according to pack-psychology. It's the same thing with cats. Most felines live alone after a certain age and domesticated cats like to be alone when they're not playing with string or curled up in your lap. Human psychology works the same way too. Whether you're black or white or yellow or brown or green. You think like a human, no matter how you were brought up or where.[/quote]

yea i dont dispute tha dogs are brought up in a pack which is why they are loyal to there owners.
but to say a wild dog bites when a dog gets out of hand therefor we must smack the dog if it gets out of line is wrong.. cause neither dog nor man live in the wild. therefore that means nothing here.[/quote]

What. The. Fuck.

No one said that. An human has to be firm to his dog because the dog looks at the human like a leader. If the leader is weak and lenient, the dog will do whatever the hell he wants. And that usually leads to having to buy new furniture and shoes. No one said that a dog has to be beaten because wolves bite. No one.[/quote]

oh yes they did.
and i didnt say anything about the dog looking at the human as a leader either.

You brought up another good point actually. In the wild, this is how wild dogs are taught. In a pack, if they misbehave, they are bitten or chased by the others, and that's how dogs find their place amongst each other and it's the same when it comes to their relations with other people
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:08am
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
yea i dont dispute tha dogs are brought up in a pack which is why they are loyal to there owners.
but to say a wild dog bites when a dog gets out of hand therefor we must smack the dog if it gets out of line is wrong.. cause neither dog nor man live in the wild. therefore that means nothing here.
We still have a undomesticated gene in our bodies which can make us unrationable at times, same as dogs.

And men and dogs do live in the wild.

yea your right,
but we are not wild.
We come from the wild, and so do they. We learn to be domesticated, and so do they. That's how they will learn.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:10am
lyrical_mess:
tyco:

i mean some humans shit and piss everywhere if they cant controll themselves. its controll which the dog needs to learn

wgijejkhgeiurhirueh!!!!!!! You irk me. There's a difference between a domestic dog and a domesticated dog. A domestic dog is a dog that is reasonable for one to keep at home and hang out with. Like a collie, a lab, a German shepherd, a St. Barnard, a Scottish terrier (they're so cute!) etc.

A domesticated dog is one that knows what is and is not acceptable within the household. That does not run amok. Domestic dogs are sometimes not fully domesticated/trained. So they must learn.

well as the other girl just pointed out no dog is compleatly domestic or domesticated..

oh and i was talking about domestic dogs anyways not domesticated but the point still stands either way..
just as humans have bad habits so do animals.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:11am
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:

well as the other girl just pointed out no dog is compleatly domestic or domesticated..

oh and i was talking about domestic dogs anyways not domesticated but the point still stands either way..
It isn't a bad habit. It's a gene.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:11am
Anji:
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
but to say a wild dog bites when a dog gets out of hand therefor we must smack the dog if it gets out of line is wrong.. cause neither dog nor man live in the wild. therefore that means nothing here.
We still have a undomesticated gene in our bodies which can make us unrationable at times, same as dogs.

And men and dogs do live in the wild.

yea your right,
but we are not wild.
We come from the wild, and so do they. We learn to be domesticated, and so do they. That's how they will learn.

yea
so we are not wild. lol
and they will not learn by being smacked.. isnt tha taking them back to the wild as you said.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:12am
Anji:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:

its not a gene to shit everywhere! LOL.. thats like saying its a gene for humans to pick there noses.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:15am
tyco:
yea
so we are not wild. lol
and they will not learn by being smacked.. isnt tha taking them back to the wild as you said.
You think humans don't learn from your idea of abuse? You out of all people should know that we do. You who has been through how many poor molesting families, and yet you learn nothing. Humans aren't domesticated at first, neither ar dogs, and by hitting them, you're teaching them that what they are doing is wrong.

I don't get why you think that I'm changing my arguement.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:

its not a gene to shit everywhere! LOL.. thats like saying its a gene for humans to pick there noses.

Actually, it is. I think it was in a special edition of American Scientific, that it really is natural behavior to pick your nose. Its a stimulus. When there's something in your nose that bothers you, its instinct to stick a finger up there and pull it out. And we've learned to override that gene. Same with scratching or rubbing your eyes.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
[quote="Anji"]
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
Anji:

my dog dosnt shit everywhere my dog is very well behaved and even tells us when he needs to go outside.
Well mine aren't which is why I discipline them. I already said this.

and what im saying is you train them to not shit in the house then dicepline isnt mch needed.
if it is use different options..
It's worked befre and it works well. I total, I get around two new dogs a month and I give them to my friend who gives them to proper owners. This is how I teach them to behave and none of them have ever had any problems. When other dogs come this is what happens as well, when they aren't house trained. It works and it certainly isn't abuse and don't you go calling me an animal abuser ever again.

im sorry it is abuse... i have given you the dictionarys examples and meaning of abuse.. did you read that?
it might work but its not propper or nice.. stop thinking about you and start thinking about the dog
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:16am
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
lyrical_mess:
tyco:

It's a gene to behave in a wild, untamely fashion if you don't know what you're doing. Like I said before, an 'undomesticated gene'. You really aren't that stupid are you?
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:17am
i mean some humans shit and piss everywhere if they cant controll themselves. its controll which the dog needs to learn[/quote]

A domesticated dog is one that knows what is and is not acceptable within the household. That does not run amok. Domestic dogs are sometimes not fully domesticated/trained. So they must learn.[/quote]

just as humans have bad habits so do animals.[/quote]It isn't a bad habit. It's a gene.[/quote]

its not a gene to shit everywhere! LOL.. thats like saying its a gene for humans to pick there noses.[/quote]

Actually, it is. I think it was in a special edition of American Scientific, that it really is natural behavior to pick your nose. Its a stimulus. When there's something in your nose that bothers you, its instinct to stick a finger up there and pull it out. And we've learned to override that gene. Same with scratching or rubbing your eyes.[/quote]

your confusing gene with instinct..

a gene is what makes us us.. everything else is learnt.. and then becomes instinct.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:17am
Anji:
tyco:
yea
so we are not wild. lol
You think humans don't learn from your idea of abuse? You out of all people should know that we do. You who has been through how many poor molesting families, and yet you learn nothing. Humans aren't domesticated at first, neither ar dogs, and by hitting them, you're teaching them that what they are doing is wrong.

I don't get why you think that I'm changing my arguement.

Hell, I learned by being hit. My parents never abused me. They're good parents. If I refused to turn off the TV when they told me to, they told me again. If I still didn't, they yelled. If I still didn't, I was slapped. My dad once poured water on me to make me wake up after trying for an hour. Its discipline. You learn. But I'm not abused. I don't have scars and they never made me hate myself.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:18am
FUCK YOU. If you're going to insult me then leave. It is not abuse. My dogs have not been harmed at all. Ask my vet. Ask all my vets. Ask the dog trainers I know. My pets are pleanty healthy.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:18am
just one very silly point to make. when you see those famous paintings of dogs playing poker do you actually think that they are real dogs who just don't have 'bad habits'?
tyco
Jackass
tyco
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:20am
i mean some humans shit and piss everywhere if they cant controll themselves. its controll which the dog needs to learn[/quote]

A domesticated dog is one that knows what is and is not acceptable within the household. That does not run amok. Domestic dogs are sometimes not fully domesticated/trained. So they must learn.[/quote]

just as humans have bad habits so do animals.[/quote]It isn't a bad habit. It's a gene.[/quote]

its not a gene to shit everywhere! LOL.. thats like saying its a gene for humans to pick there noses.[/quote]It's a gene to behave in a wild, untamely fashion if you don't know what you're doing. Like I said before, an 'undomesticated gene'. You really aren't that stupid are you?[/quote]

yea thats why we teach and dont dicepline. its like your telling somone off for doing somethin they have done all there life like picking your nose.. you cant tell somone off for that if its all they have known therefor you teach them the correct thing to do.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:20am
tyco:

your confusing gene with instinct..

a gene is what makes us us.. everything else is learnt.. and then becomes instinct.

Instints are in your genes. And anyway, go argue about that with the guy who wrote the article. I'm just the geek that read it.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:21am
NeoSteph:
just one very silly point to make. when you see those famous paintings of dogs playing poker do you actually think that they are real dogs who just don't have 'bad habits'?

Well I'd say gambling is a bad habit.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:22am
tyco:
yea thats why we teach and dont dicepline. its like your telling somone off for doing somethin they have done all there life like picking your nose.. you cant tell somone off for that if its all they have known therefor you teach them the correct thing to do.
You just said that picking your nose isn't a gene. It's an instinct according to you. So then it gets fixed differently.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
January 23rd, 2007 at 10:23am
lyrical_mess:
NeoSteph:

Well I'd say gambling is a bad habit.

ah yes your right they also seem to be smoking to.

They probably aren't domesticated dogs then.
Register