Is Religion The Root Of All Evil?

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 25th, 2007 at 02:34pm
There is nothing wrong with being orthodox. Its too much trouble for me personally, but my mother is rather orthodox and there is nothing wrong with that. If you wish to be orthodox, go ahead. But as for as I know and as far as Hinduism is concerned, there is a limit. And some people absolutely cross that limit to the extent of breaking the law and they are overlooked. This is not right. This is evil.
K0LL4PS
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
K0LL4PS
October 26th, 2007 at 01:29pm
Religion is not the source of all evil as i think well yeah there are wars on religion and stuff but mostly evil comes from greed and corruption of selfish people who think only about them self and fight for money.... my opinion

Please do flame
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
October 30th, 2007 at 05:37pm
I think there's good and evil in everything. I don't think religion is evil, but I know that it can cause evil. It can also cause good, though. It can help people in ways we don't even think of. It can bring people together and put those who feel lost back on track. It can provide hope and faith and purpose.

Religion definately cannot be blamed for all evil. It's not even capable of causing evil because it's just a concept and belief. It can cause people to do evil things, but I personally think that's down to the person, not the religion that they belong to.
miau
King For A Couple Of Days
miau
October 31st, 2007 at 11:08am
Of course religion is not the root of all evil. It's the people who exaggerate it. For example, not all Muslims are terrorists, of course. It's a few people who exaggerate it, who misunderstand the things they read in their holy scriptures. People like that can be found in every religion in the world. And of course also people who don't believe in anything, or also universalists, can happen to be evil people.
talaan
Idiot
talaan
October 31st, 2007 at 05:08pm
What is religion? It is the belief in, or worship of a god, and belief itself cannot cause evil. For example, Buddhists never envolve in such affairs as terrorism or extremism.It is what people believe and how they react to it that may lead to crimes, in other words, it is ignorance and misunderstanding.
No religion encourages people to evil things, but some misapprehend it, or some even take religion as an excuse for their guilt, although that religion is completely against their sins.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 05:21pm
talaan:

No religion encourages people to evil things

It can encourage evil things, I think. Think If a religion is a system of beliefs, you could have a religion encoraging bad things.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 07:53pm
Kurtni:
talaan:

It can encourage evil things, I think. Think If a religion is a system of beliefs, you could have a religion encoraging bad things.
Satanism. Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 31st, 2007 at 08:30pm
Bittersweet.:
Kurtni:
talaan:

Satanism. Coolio

I disagree Con Satanism is my favorite religion; it's highly misunderstood.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 10:49am
Kurtni:
Bittersweet.:
Kurtni:
talaan:

Satanism. Coolio

Marylin Manson fan. Coolio

And why? And I'm not trying to debate here, I just wonder why do you think so? Cause... don't they go around killing cats and, turning crosses upside down and ruining graves? Or am I just full of myths? Coolio
talaan
Idiot
talaan
November 1st, 2007 at 12:53pm
Bittersweet.:
Kurtni:
Bittersweet.:
Kurtni:
talaan:

Satanism. Coolio

And why? And I'm not trying to debate here, I just wonder why do you think so? Cause... don't they go around killing cats and, turning crosses upside down and ruining graves? Or am I just full of myths? Coolio
So give me an example of such religion
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
November 1st, 2007 at 02:50pm
Bittersweet.:

lmfao

That's so stereotypical Coolio

LaVeyan satanists don't do that.
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 02:56pm
Bittersweet.:
why? And I'm not trying to debate here, I just wonder why do you think so? Cause... don't they go around killing cats and, turning crosses upside down and ruining graves? Or am I just full of myths? Coolio
[/quote]

That's nearly all the activities that the local youth population does in the weekend.

And they are either Protestant or Catholic...never Christian, though.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 04:53pm
Bittersweet.:
Kurtni:
Bittersweet.:
Kurtni:
talaan:

Satanism. Coolio

Marilyn Manson isn't a satanist, I'm not either Hand

You're not entirely full of myths; the idiots who do that stuff are. Satanists don't believe god exists, and they don't worship Satan. The main principle behind satanism is that you are your own god. Most satanists don't even believe Satan exists,and the ones who do don't worship him. I think of satanists as semi self centered atheists Coolio

Now, that isn't to say that there aren't idiots who don't do those things, they're just morons who think they're xkor gawths because they burn bibles spit on ministers. Smiley
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 06:18pm
Srsly people, I'm joking. Coolio

But I didn't know that Kurtni, thanks. I should do more research.
votefordisco
Rotting On Here
votefordisco

Mibba
November 1st, 2007 at 07:09pm
Herr Doktor:

That's nearly all the activities that the local youth population does in the weekend.

Protestants and Catholics are Christians, I swear. Confused
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 08:50pm
Bittersweet.:
Srsly people, I'm joking. Coolio
I thought you were, but I like being able to go on my satanism rants :cooilo:
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
November 1st, 2007 at 09:15pm
I did my Satanism research. tehe

I understand now what you meant with the self-centered atheism, especially with the LaVey Satanism. But its too much of an "eye for an eye" thing for me to fancy.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
November 1st, 2007 at 09:20pm
I Created Disco:
Herr Doktor:

They are... those are denominations of Christianity.
duh . . .
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
November 2nd, 2007 at 12:37am
I Created Disco:
Herr Doktor:

omg that's what I thought Coolio
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
November 2nd, 2007 at 05:53pm
Cobra:
I Created Disco:
Herr Doktor:

omg that's what I thought Coolio

You obviously don't live in Scotland.

You will never ever ever ever hear someone say that they are a Christian.

They will say Catholic or Protestant.

Then ask you and either try and kill you or be your friend for life.
Register