AuthorMessage
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
June 1st, 2007 at 06:28am
Riot;:
Not much.
I mean, i knew about this before green day decided to get all political and shove the whole 'charity' thing down our throats.

Plus, the whole thing idea of the video, didn't match the song.

but, you know, i guess i'm part of the ~80%~
Who seriously cares who knew about it first?

It's opening up eyes for people who didn't.
JackSaySNO
Geek
JackSaySNO
June 1st, 2007 at 06:28pm
i thought its pretty good, but nobody is better then john lennon...and there version is better than lots of other versions
black_hawk_2009
Idiot
black_hawk_2009

Mibba
June 3rd, 2007 at 03:11pm
Boobmeister:
Riot;:
Not much.
I mean, i knew about this before green day decided to get all political and shove the whole 'charity' thing down our throats.

Plus, the whole thing idea of the video, didn't match the song.

but, you know, i guess i'm part of the ~80%~
Who seriously cares who knew about it first?

It's opening up eyes for people who didn't.

Exactly.

And besides that, who said Green Day were shoving it down our throats? They're helping. It's what good people do. And if you don't like it, you can just fuck off and die...

I also disagree about the song matching the video. I feel like it all went perfectly together. The words, the images, the talking... it was just a great video altogether.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
June 3rd, 2007 at 05:12pm
black_hawk_2009:
Exactly.

And besides that, who said Green Day were shoving it down our throats? They're helping. It's what good people do. And if you don't like it, you can just fuck off and die....
have you not been paying attention?
They're all helping something and it just screams 'OMG look at me!!! i'm helping!!! I'm a good person!!! we care! buy our music!!'

OOH. a green day reference. I'm so fucking scared.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 3rd, 2007 at 05:26pm
Sara.:
i hate the video.

Well, what an intelligent, well thought out post that totally doesn't violate site rules. If you're going to post pointless commnets such as that, don't post.
Arcane-Inamorata
King For A Couple Of Days
Arcane-Inamorata

Mibba
June 3rd, 2007 at 06:35pm
My uncle told me that most people he knows like the GD version better. Even 60 year olds!
Go Green Day!!
Sherlock
Board Parasite
Sherlock
June 3rd, 2007 at 10:37pm
I think that whether you approve of what Green Day has evolved into or not, no charity is bad charity. No matter what the underlying reason you may think is behind it.

They have grown up and seen the world and aren't kids anymore. They have always believed that music can change the world and now I think that they feel like they can really make a change in the world at last, because they have got the platform to get to people who never knew about Green Day or Darfur or the suffering in New Orleans.

I loved the video and was almost moved to tears by the utter power of the message that it put across. I hope it takes the world by storm and really starts the ball rolling for the whole Lennon Cover Album and helps to raise awareness and funds for Darfur.

Its an amazing song, they did an amazing job and I think both John Lennon and the people of Darfur would thank them for their contribution.
black_hawk_2009
Idiot
black_hawk_2009

Mibba
June 4th, 2007 at 02:07am
Sara.:
black_hawk_2009:
Exactly.

And besides that, who said Green Day were shoving it down our throats? They're helping. It's what good people do. And if you don't like it, you can just fuck off and die....
They're all helping something and it just screams 'OMG look at me!!! i'm helping!!! I'm a good person!!! we care! buy our music!!'

Green Day have always helped people. When they went on their first major tour, they sold tickets for cheap because they wanted people with low budgets to be able to see their shows, leaving the label in debt and were forced to raise it but still kept it low. Now they realize that they can have a bigger impact on the world and are helping even more, so is that supposed to mean they don't really care?

Another point: Green Day haven't released an album in 3 years. The last two songs and videos they've done have been completely for charity. They have nothing to endorse right now and hey, look! They're helping!

Just because Green Day aren't assholes like other celebrities doesn't mean there's something wrong.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
June 4th, 2007 at 11:17am
netty:
somebody tell me why this is supposed to be the second most popular fan site.

this was right at the bottom of page one in this section. and yet, most other forums have this stickied, have links to the video, grab shots from it and everything.

Because as Erin sais '80% of GSB hates Green Day', there are some people left, some people who still like the band, and if it wasn't for them, I would have left this site a long time ago..

Anyways back on topic! I thought the video was amazing, I thought it put the message across, and I think that it is awesome that they are using their well earned status to do good.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
June 4th, 2007 at 11:30am
Eh

I like how people hate that they're actually doing something good. Eh You know they're grown up men and they had as much success as they could have. They don't fucking need ~attention~. I can't believe people actually think that but oh well.. Rolling Eyes

anyway I love the song and the video is amaaazing. tehe
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
June 4th, 2007 at 11:55am
Sara.:

Have you not been paying attention?

Who cares what the fuck they're trying to make themselves look like, even if they are or not? You are not them. They are not you. They're doing something that is helping those who cannot help themselves.

If that's attention seeking, then it's the best form of it I've ever seen.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
June 4th, 2007 at 02:46pm
And besides, the video is amazing. Its a good contrast to the song and its about Darfur.
tomamazon
GSBitch
tomamazon

Mibba Blog
June 5th, 2007 at 01:45pm
the video is just.

wow. Its amazing.

I've missed Green Day Shake
Heroin Bob
Idiot
Heroin Bob

Blog