spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 21st, 2007 at 05:14pm
Dr. Cuddy:
spill_no_sick:
Rolling Eyes
yes, we all look up to the Dead Kennedys
but honestly, he ran with a convicted cop killer as his running mate, he hardly took that election as serious as his run for mayor
Hand Pfft, the Dead Kennedy's rule.

Anyway, back on the subject. Marijuana doesn't cause addiction. Its not more harmful than alcohol or cigarettes, in fact there is no firm scientific proof of its badness. A lot of ex heroin and cocaine junkies said that if marijuana was legalized they wouldn't try worse drugs. Marijuana can be used to reduce pain. Than why marijuana isn't legalized?

In 1997. marijuana was legalized in GB, but that decision didn't bring any success. More than 22 000 people every year go to a drug addiction treatment and half of them aren't even 18. A lot of teenagers use skunk, which is a form of cannabis dangerous as cocaine and heroin. The problem is that a lot of kids have a joint once, maybe even more times and don't try other drugs. But there are kids who will do that. They will become drug addicts which leads into other crimes. The point is, it all depends on the person and that is a big reason why marijuana shouldn't be legalized. Its not like cigarettes. Someone smokes them and someone doesn't, this is about trying and getting addicted to stuff that are way more harmful than marijuana. Not all will do that, but some will.

they're definitely one of my top five favorite bands

and marijuana doesn't have a large crime rate (other than people arrested for having it), so it's better than alcohol, and it doesn't have harmful affects in large doses so it's better than cigarettes
it's just scapegoated
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 21st, 2007 at 05:36pm
lmfao Marijuana makes you want to sit on a couch for hours and watch paid programming, it probably reduces crime rates, not increase them. Legalizing it would make it alot safer for those who do try it because then it wouldn't be laced with harmful drugs, because I think that's where alot of people are getting their statistics from, about how toxic it is. Pot you just buy from someone could be laced with anything, and if they put the right things in it, it's definitely possible that it could be way more harmful than cigarettes. Wouldn't it be better if it was government regulated, so that people weren't being exposed to those toxic drugs?
Vanity
King For A Couple Of Days
Vanity
March 22nd, 2007 at 12:13am
Kurtni:
Wouldn't it be better if it was government regulated, so that people weren't being exposed to those toxic drugs?

When you mentioned that, I suddenly had this picture of all those TRUTH anti-tobacco campaigns shifting their focus to an anti-marijuana campaign or something....
Anyway.....oh christ how can I explain this...
Okay.. If the government did regulate it, and kept out the hardcore drugs that pot is sometimes laced with on the street, what would happen to the tobacco industry? Reading over some of the info seems to point to pot being less harmful and addictive than cigarettes....and since pot doesn't have all the chemicals that are put in cigarettes...supposedly Draino, some chemicals used for paints and gasoline, and other cleaning products and ingredients, etc are all somehow mixed in with tobacco and cigarettes...well...basically my question is, would the government allow additives to be put into marijuana cigarettes like there are in tobacco cigarettes? Because since the government allows the tobacco companies to keep putting all these different additives in the tobacco, what's to stop them from adding God-only-knows-what into marijuana? And in doing so, could the additives make the marijuana somewhat addictive? Would the government even allow the legalizing and sale of pot if it interfered with the tobacco companies business?
Maybe I'm just rambling and those questions are pointless, but I just thought of those when you said that Dno
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 22nd, 2007 at 09:04am
spill_no_sick:

and marijuana doesn't have a large crime rate (other than people arrested for having it)
And if marijuana was legalized less kids would get arrested and cops would have to worry less about that and catch the big criminals.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 22nd, 2007 at 03:23pm
Dr. Cuddy:
spill_no_sick:

and marijuana doesn't have a large crime rate (other than people arrested for having it)
And if marijuana was legalized less kids would get arrested and cops would have to worry less about that and catch the big criminals.
that's why it's still illegal
it's a great scapegoat and a great way for cops to compensate for not doing anything useful (most have more to compensate for than that...hell, that's why they're cops
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:56am
I really do think that they should legalize it. it really isn't that bad, and some of the facts that I've just read made me think that it should be legalized even more. but Sam does have a point, they could just shove all of these chemicals into pot like they do in cigarettes.

and if they do legalize it, there's obviously gonna be a legal age.

idk.

I probably have other things ot say that I can't think of at the moment.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
March 23rd, 2007 at 10:27am
I did my English presentation on this a couple of years ago, and people laughed when I said what my topic was, but I actually made a lot of the points you've made there.

But i was talking to a nurse before my presentation and she said that they do get a lot of stoned drivers coming in after accidents and that, but it just doesn't get reported. But alcohol is a lot more dangerous, apart from the fact that people turn nasty, people also think they're invincible so they end up hurting themselves as well. I mean, this isn't the case with every person who gets drunk, but it's a risk.

Also, although marijuana has more carcinogens than tobacco pound for pound, you smoke a lot less of it than you do tobacco, so the risks of developping lung cancer and stuff are a lot lower than with cigarette smoking.

If it is legalised, then you won't be buying stuff that's been messed around with (I don't know how often that occurs with marijuana, but you hear about it with cocaine and ecstasy) so it's a lot safer than buying from some dodgy dealer.

I really don't see the problem with it at all, because it doesn't turn you into a dickhead like alcohol does, and the health risks are lower than that which you get with smoking.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2007 at 01:38pm
Diabolikal.:

Thats the point some people just don't get. If marijuana gets legalized it will have restrictions just like alcohol and cigarettes. People think that if it gets legalized five year-olds are going to be able to buy it Rolling Eyes
I think that if legalized and being sold only in special places, like someone mentioned, in special tobacco shops and only to people of certain age that less teenagers would be able to buy it. I have seen 14 boys from my school smoking it. Legalization could reduce that. The problem is that I have seen alcohol and cigarettes been sold to underage kids and those have special laws.

Cigarettes may affect your health more than marijuana, but marijuana affects your acts in a different way. Of course, unlike alcohol where some people get violent, aggressive and irritant, when using marijuana you are happy [so they say Laughing].

I really see no problem in legalizing it. I think using harder drugs could reduce and there would be less crime. I think one of the reasons that it wasn't legalized is that people don't see it as a medicine or something that is in fact much healthier than cigarettes, people see it as a drug. Its a drug to them, even though alcohol is a drug too, cigarettes are a drug as well, but by time those two lost that label and maybe if marijuana would lose it too, people could get used to it.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 23rd, 2007 at 03:34pm
Dr. Cuddy:
Diabolikal.:

Thats the point some people just don't get. If marijuana gets legalized it will have restrictions just like alcohol and cigarettes. People think that if it gets legalized five year-olds are going to be able to buy it Rolling Eyes
I think that if legalized and being sold only in special places, like someone mentioned, in special tobacco shops and only to people of certain age that less teenagers would be able to buy it. I have seen 14 boys from my school smoking it. Legalization could reduce that. The problem is that I have seen alcohol and cigarettes been sold to underage kids and those have special laws.

Cigarettes may affect your health more than marijuana, but marijuana affects your acts in a different way. Of course, unlike alcohol where some people get violent, aggressive and irritant, when using marijuana you are happy [so they say Laughing].

I really see no problem in legalizing it. I think using harder drugs could reduce and there would be less crime. I think one of the reasons that it wasn't legalized is that people don't see it as a medicine or something that is in fact much healthier than cigarettes, people see it as a drug. Its a drug to them, even though alcohol is a drug too, cigarettes are a drug as well, but by time those two lost that label and maybe if marijuana would lose it too, people could get used to it.
marijuana doesn't always make you up
but say I wanted to go kill this asshole I know, if I drank alcohol around him I (this is only hypothetical...but it's true to me too) I'd go fucking kill him
if I smoked pot around him, I'd be too fucking lazy
which is why I'll have no problem smoking with dickholes at my neighbor's house tonight, I won't give a fuck
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
March 24th, 2007 at 04:26pm
Drugs help to fund other crime and help to create criminals (i.e. theft for drug money). If drugs were given out free on street corners, a lot of other types of crime would be reduced. A few people may die, but you could really say that's their own fault. A cynical view it may be, but it could work. We just need a leader of any country with the balls to do it.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 24th, 2007 at 09:01pm
Mastodon:
Drugs help to fund other crime and help to create criminals (i.e. theft for drug money). If drugs were given out free on street corners, a lot of other types of crime would be reduced. A few people may die, but you could really say that's their own fault. A cynical view it may be, but it could work. We just need a leader of any country with the balls to do it.
what the fuck?
I can replace everything you just said with carrots and it makes just as much sense.

Carrots help to fund other crime an dhelp to create criminals (i.e. theft for carrot money). If carrots were given out free on street corners, a lot of other types of crime would be reduced. A few people may die, but you could really say that's their own fault. A cynicle view it may be, but it could work. We just need a leader of any country with the balls to do it.

seriously, that was even vague for me, and anyone who's been in the poetry section knows I'm pretty damn vague.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 25th, 2007 at 11:23am
Vanity:
Kurtni:
Wouldn't it be better if it was government regulated, so that people weren't being exposed to those toxic drugs?

When you mentioned that, I suddenly had this picture of all those TRUTH anti-tobacco campaigns shifting their focus to an anti-marijuana campaign or something....
Anyway.....oh christ how can I explain this...
Okay.. If the government did regulate it, and kept out the hardcore drugs that pot is sometimes laced with on the street, what would happen to the tobacco industry? Reading over some of the info seems to point to pot being less harmful and addictive than cigarettes....and since pot doesn't have all the chemicals that are put in cigarettes...supposedly Draino, some chemicals used for paints and gasoline, and other cleaning products and ingredients, etc are all somehow mixed in with tobacco and cigarettes...well...basically my question is, would the government allow additives to be put into marijuana cigarettes like there are in tobacco cigarettes? Because since the government allows the tobacco companies to keep putting all these different additives in the tobacco, what's to stop them from adding God-only-knows-what into marijuana? And in doing so, could the additives make the marijuana somewhat addictive? Would the government even allow the legalizing and sale of pot if it interfered with the tobacco companies business?
Maybe I'm just rambling and those questions are pointless, but I just thought of those when you said that Dno
That's the thing mentioned, about how cigarettes shouldn't be legal in the first place.

Anyway, marijuana isn't a 'hardcore' drug. It's effects are completely platonic compared with alcohol, cigarettes, even coffee, combined. And the second that other chemicals are put in with marijuana, people will know. You just can't do that. It's as bad as packing seeds, infact should it be made legal, less seeds would probably be packed meaning less chance of people accidently lighting them up and getting horrible bitter tasting migranes.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 25th, 2007 at 11:24am
spill_no_sick:
Mastodon:
what the fuck?
I can replace everything you just said with carrots and it makes just as much sense.

Carrots help to fund other crime an dhelp to create criminals (i.e. theft for carrot money). If carrots were given out free on street corners, a lot of other types of crime would be reduced. A few people may die, but you could really say that's their own fault. A cynicle view it may be, but it could work. We just need a leader of any country with the balls to do it.

seriously, that was even vague for me, and anyone who's been in the poetry section knows I'm pretty damn vague.
lmfao

It's true though, he's right.

...He's always right.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 25th, 2007 at 11:40am
Anji:
spill_no_sick:
Mastodon:
what the fuck?

lmfao

It's true though, he's right.

...He's always right.
Embarassed thanks
it means a lot (and i was just being an asshole, pointing out someone's mistake
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2007 at 11:59am
spill_no_sick:
Mastodon:
what the fuck?

...and the point of your post was?

For some who hates non constructive posts you sure do know how to make one.

What I think Adam is saying that petty crime such as theft and assualt would decline if the criminals weren't co-dependant on drugs, which is the fuel for them needing to take dtrastic routes to find money quick. I don't agree with legalizing drugs to end this problem. I think mor eof an effort should be put into drug counselling programmes within detention centers where they aren't allowed to go off the rail after a coupl of weeks. But that doesn't mean I don't believe Adam's view point can't be discussed in a logical and reasonable way.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
March 25th, 2007 at 12:19pm
spill_no_sick:
Mastodon:
what the fuck?

...but people aren't addicted to carrots. o_o
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 25th, 2007 at 12:27pm
NeoSteph:

...and the point of your post was?

For some who hates non constructive posts you sure do know how to make one.

What I think Adam is saying that petty crime such as theft and assualt would decline if the criminals weren't co-dependant on drugs, which is the fuel for them needing to take dtrastic routes to find money quick. I don't agree with legalizing drugs to end this problem. I think mor eof an effort should be put into drug counselling programmes within detention centers where they aren't allowed to go off the rail after a coupl of weeks. But that doesn't mean I don't believe Adam's view point can't be discussed in a logical and reasonable way.
my point was that made absolutely no sense, it was too vague
it had no specific statistics, it had no reason behind it

and I already said earlier, marijuana has a very little history of crimes (other than trafficking, which would be solved by legalizing it) whereas many legal things (alcohol, caffeine even, many regular medicines) are associated with crimes, or violent outbursts

I appreciate their input, but the bare minimum of making sense would be a post that cannot have the main word substituted with carrots
I am aware that I make an ass out of myself when I make points like that, but that was the easiest way I could get that point across

(no offense to Adam, I guess) but when people say something illegitimate or they just talk out their ass, and it is taken seriously, then there's a future problem

it wasn't as apparent as I thought it was when I originally made the post, but I was asking for something more substantial, and less vague
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 25th, 2007 at 12:29pm
Cliff Diving.:
spill_no_sick:
Mastodon:
what the fuck?

...but people aren't addicted to carrots. o_o
yes they are
marijuana is just as addictive in theory because it is all psychological addiction
so (in theory) if people stop saying that marijuana is addictive then there is no more placebo and there will be just as many carrot addicts and marijuana addicts
now, of course, carrots don't cause that euphoria, but whatever, the point was that post was too vague to be understood
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2007 at 12:37pm
my point was that made absolutely no sense, it was too vague
it had no specific statistics, it had no reason behind it

and carrots already said earlier, marijuana has a very little history of crimes (other than trafficking, which would be solved by legalizing it) whereas many legal things (alcohol, caffeine even, many regular medicines) are associated with crimes, or violent outbursts

carrots appreciate their input, but the bare minimum of making sense would be a post that cannot have the main word substituted with carrots
carrots am aware that carrots make an ass out of myself when carrots make points like that, but that was the easiest way carrots could get that point across

(no offense to Adam, carrots guess) but when people say something illegitimate or they just talk out their ass, and it is taken seriously, then there's a future problem

it wasn't as apparent as carrots thought it was when carrots originally made the post, but carrots was asking for something more substantial, and less vague

I'm done.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2007 at 12:44pm
Well actually Cannibis has a very high crime rate. It's the number one drug behind all young offending criminal behaviour such as assualt on other, petty theft and criminal damage. The rise cannibis dealings is starting to reach coke numbers which in England is a big spender. This is solely done to cannibis being played as a 'safe' drug or safer. When infact people use to think that about cocaine until user started dropping down dead from heart failure. If you use cannibis at a young age you ar e more likely to deveolp dementia and alzheimers from the age of 30+ it also lowers your self esteem when not usins and increases the sit around culture leading to lower sense of self worth and life satisfactions. So from an emotional stand point it's far worse than tobacco. But lets not forget my favorite point about cannibis which is to smoke it you have to mix it with rolly's so congrats user you also get the smoking 'benfits' too. Howver puffing the magic dragon leads to even bigger increases of mental problems.

okay thats my rant on pot over with.

I understand why you found it vague although i thought his point was quite clear but you need to self discipline yourself on constructive arguements XD.
Register