Legalize drugs?

AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
March 25th, 2007 at 12:45pm
oh one more cannibis rant, Usage of pot leads to other hard drugs. Also before one of you point out that it's only the number one drug in young offenders...well where exactly do you think 'old' offenders come from.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
March 25th, 2007 at 01:22pm
Meg Scissorhands.:
my point was that made absolutely no sense, it was too vague
it had no specific statistics, it had no reason behind it

and carrots already said earlier, marijuana has a very little history of crimes (other than trafficking, which would be solved by legalizing it) whereas many legal things (alcohol, caffeine even, many regular medicines) are associated with crimes, or violent outbursts

carrots appreciate their input, but the bare minimum of making sense would be a post that cannot have the main word substituted with carrots
carrots am aware that carrots make an ass out of myself when carrots make points like that, but that was the easiest way carrots could get that point across

(no offense to Adam, carrots guess) but when people say something illegitimate or they just talk out their ass, and it is taken seriously, then there's a future problem

it wasn't as apparent as carrots thought it was when carrots originally made the post, but carrots was asking for something more substantial, and less vague

I'm done.
it didn't make as much sense as before
I know I brought it upon myself (of course I'll be attacked, I was just being an ass) but using I made more sense than using carrots
they weren't talking about any specific crime raters, just saying that people rob other people for money...that could be for anything
I stole five dollars from someone to go buy banana chips, I could have very well gone and used that for a dime bag

[offtopicego](oh yeah, I know I've been an ass, I've had my share of hate threads made about me since joining....my welcome has gone from thin to clear by now...when you all want me to leave, just fucking say it, I'll leave and you don't have to hear from me again[/offtopicego]
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 25th, 2007 at 01:25pm
NeoSteph:
Well actually Cannibis has a very high crime rate. It's the number one drug behind all young offending criminal behaviour such as assualt on other, petty theft and criminal damage. The rise cannibis dealings is starting to reach coke numbers which in England is a big spender. This is solely done to cannibis being played as a 'safe' drug or safer. When infact people use to think that about cocaine until user started dropping down dead from heart failure. If you use cannibis at a young age you ar e more likely to deveolp dementia and alzheimers from the age of 30+ it also lowers your self esteem when not usins and increases the sit around culture leading to lower sense of self worth and life satisfactions. So from an emotional stand point it's far worse than tobacco. But lets not forget my favorite point about cannibis which is to smoke it you have to mix it with rolly's so congrats user you also get the smoking 'benfits' too. Howver puffing the magic dragon leads to even bigger increases of mental problems.

okay thats my rant on pot over with.

I understand why you found it vague although i thought his point was quite clear but you need to self discipline yourself on constructive arguements XD.
when you aren't intaking caffine you become testy and you hate everyone and yourself
anything with any sort of psychological addiction (I.E. every drug ever and almost every substance ever to at least one person ever) but most of that is legal

and pot has been used for hundreds (maybe thousands) of years
they have yet to find something as bad as the affects of cocain
and how long after they said it was safe did they pull it off the market and make it illegal?
like twenty years?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
March 25th, 2007 at 01:27pm
NeoSteph:
oh one more cannibis rant, Usage of pot leads to other hard drugs. Also before one of you point out that it's only the number one drug in young offenders...well where exactly do you think 'old' offenders come from.
it could be coincidence, considering 50% of high school graduates admit to using it
come to think about it, 50% of high school graduates say they lost their virginity before high school
virginity leads to harder drugs, everyone should fuck right now

many use safer drugs to test themselves before going onto harder drugs
but then again, the educated people stick with the safe drugs

why don't we have sufficient drug education again?
oh yeah, bullshit anti-drug propaganda
Rectophobia Rachel
Geek
Rectophobia Rachel
April 22nd, 2007 at 09:41am
Marijuana should be legalized, and ciggeretes shouldnt be legal. It's better for you.

WOO. I live in wv.
Lucifers Angel
King For A Couple Of Days
Lucifers Angel
April 22nd, 2007 at 10:36am
Rectophobia Rachel:
Marijuana should be legalized, and ciggeretes shouldnt be legal. It's better for you.

WOO. I live in wv.

ciggeretes shouldnt be legal?? LOL yeah that would cause so much hassle. in July the complete non smoking ban comes into play in Uk and it will be nice to go out for dinner and not have some smoke float over my way!
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
April 22nd, 2007 at 11:43pm
Lucifers Angel:
Rectophobia Rachel:

WOO. I live in wv.

ciggeretes shouldnt be legal?? LOL yeah that would cause so much hassle. in July the complete non smoking ban comes into play in Uk and it will be nice to go out for dinner and not have some smoke float over my way!

I kind of agree.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 23rd, 2007 at 09:47am
Okay, I agree with alot of these peoples points. It's going to make it less dangerous to experiment with it because of the supposed legalization. And it wouldn't be tampered with as much.
But then comes in the commercial and the money. Because then companies would start putting addictive shiz in it, as someone else pointed out, to get more money.
I also think that there will be the street-dealers still. When the underaged people who wants to try marijuana, and they can't go to the store and buy it and they can't get their older brother/sister to do it for them, they will turn to the illegal dealers. And then there would still be the illegal drugs such as heroin.

So this thing isn't spotless.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 23rd, 2007 at 12:29pm
Dunno if this has been mentioned, but there is an economic theory that suggests the legalisation of drugs would help to reduce the crime rate. (i'll help to make this as non-economist friendly as possible).

Ok, we all know drugs are addictive. As does the dealer. This means when they know your hooked, they can start to increase the prices of the drugs, as they know you will still buy it. (the demand for hard drugs are relatively price inelastic), this means that a change in price leads to a relatively small change in the demand for the drug.

So the drug addict who originally had to pay so much for his fix, now has to find a lot more money for it. The main source of this income is robbery. This means that the higher the price of the drug, the more thieving the addict will have to do.

So, to cure this problem, some people would argue that cracking down on the supply would help to reduce the crime rates. However as mentioned above, demand is almost perfectly inelastic, so a reduced supply with the same demand would mean higher prices, and more crime.

If, on the other hand, all drugs were legalised, supply would be greatly increased, enough so to meet the demand of the addicts reducing the price significantly. This means less robbery, and due to increased competition, less drug dealers, meaning a drop in the crime rates.

This shows that cracking down on the supply of drugs has little effect on their use. So the only real way to reduce the number of addicts is with demand side policies, such as education and rehabilition.

..hope you understand all that, much easier to explain using diagrams, but oh well. Of course this theory doesn't take into account the social costs of drug use, but just an interesting point to debate on i guess.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
April 23rd, 2007 at 05:46pm
^^^^ that kids a genius.

i think weed should be legal but sort of regulated... just like the way cigarettes are now.
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
April 24th, 2007 at 01:13am
I just think they should have coffee shops.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
April 26th, 2007 at 12:49pm
anti social:
^^^^ that kids a genius.

i think weed should be legal but sort of regulated... just like the way cigarettes are now.

i wouldnt say a genius, lol...i just have a thing for economics..
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
April 26th, 2007 at 01:13pm
My mom has a theory as to why Marijuana is illegal, in america.

Back when there was still a lot of segregation.. and all that... Jazz/Blues clubs.. that were predomantly black had a lot of pot smoking going around. My mom thinks Pot was made illegal because of this.. it's a race thing... and its never been re-legalized since.
Chrissi
King For A Couple Of Days
Chrissi
April 26th, 2007 at 04:35pm
In some cases it can be really really helpful for people with illnesses. I agree in them circumstances it should be legal. But then again, I agree and think if it was a legal drug people wouldn't do it as much. I think a lot of teenagers are sometimes pushed into smoking pot from their friends. With other drugs... I'm not so sure.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
April 27th, 2007 at 01:38pm
I have to confess something

I've tried cannabis and I liked it.

OK, now on topic. In the Netherlands (Holland) cannabis is legal because if it were illegal people would take more of it.

It was like when the United States put the "Dry Law" ( I think it's like that). Mafias trafficked alcohol, they took of that law and everything started to be normal.

Here in Spain, people are trying to legalize cannabis, this weekend there's a riot to try to legalize it.
wfougoafoihqfe
wfougoafoihqfe
April 27th, 2007 at 02:22pm
I think marijuana should be legalized and put under the same laws as smoking. I think that's pretty reasonable.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
November 18th, 2007 at 04:47pm
I am 150% against any legalization of any drug that it illegal. I'm against the ones that are legal. I personally cannot stand any of these things ecspecially pot. I'm sorry but are some unaware that it kills brain cells? And that brain cells don't grow back once they are killed?
I'd have to say about 90% of my school is smoking pot, drinking or doing some other kind of drug. And about 80% or that 90% are complete idiots. Some say that I am uneducated about this perticular subject. I believe that I am not. I think that if we were to legalize any drug ecspecially pot it would be a horrible travisty. You think pleanty of people do it now. Think of the number of people who will do it when it's legalized.
Many people think that if we were to legalize it then less people would do it because it wouldn't be like "Hey I'm so cool, I just did something illegal." No, because 9 times out of 10 their parents wouldn't want them to do it and it'd still be almost the same thing.
Then some say that they're wasting their money on drug crimes. And? Their wasting their money on a lot of things. I know it's wrong but they're keeping those drug offenders off the streets. And imagine if you had kids, maybe they would be influenced by these people and do it themselves; that could be the beginning of something very unpleasant. And don't tell me about getting the murderers off the street, they should do that as well, I'm merely trying to explain my point.
Personally I think all drugs should be done away with. Anyone and everything that has to do with drugs, put in the grand canyon (Not that all of it would fit) and blown to peices. This may seem massvily harsh, I know, but I think it's a rather good idea.

And also, think about this: if these drugs were legalized, perhaps your teachers would do them, your administrors would do them, leaders, maybe even your parents. Would you want someone under that influence to lead you? I know that some of these leaders do do these things, it's unheathy but none the less.
And some say about such a thing as peer pressure, they say stand up for yourself and do what you want. But some people are not that strong and they would be greatly effected by leagalizing drugs.

That's all I have to say on the matter.
Richard Nixon.
Banned
Richard Nixon.
November 18th, 2007 at 06:10pm
If cannibis was legalized there would be a lot of good done, but also there'd be some bad, I'm all for the legalisation and control of illegal drugs, but companies already put addictive substances in things aside from cigarettes.
Like rizla papers for example (rolling papers) they apparantly contain an additive in them which can cause some degree of addictivness. Hence why they're one of the most popular brands I think. Well at least it makes sense to me.
One drug that should definitely be controlled is LSD, it can do a lot of damage to people.
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
November 18th, 2007 at 06:13pm
spill_no_sick:
NeoSteph:
Well actually Cannibis has a very high crime rate. It's the number one drug behind all young offending criminal behaviour such as assualt on other, petty theft and criminal damage. The rise cannibis dealings is starting to reach coke numbers which in England is a big spender. This is solely done to cannibis being played as a 'safe' drug or safer. When infact people use to think that about cocaine until user started dropping down dead from heart failure. If you use cannibis at a young age you ar e more likely to deveolp dementia and alzheimers from the age of 30+ it also lowers your self esteem when not usins and increases the sit around culture leading to lower sense of self worth and life satisfactions. So from an emotional stand point it's far worse than tobacco. But lets not forget my favorite point about cannibis which is to smoke it you have to mix it with rolly's so congrats user you also get the smoking 'benfits' too. Howver puffing the magic dragon leads to even bigger increases of mental problems.

okay thats my rant on pot over with.

I understand why you found it vague although i thought his point was quite clear but you need to self discipline yourself on constructive arguements XD.
when you aren't intaking caffine you become testy and you hate everyone and yourself
anything with any sort of psychological addiction (I.E. every drug ever and almost every substance ever to at least one person ever) but most of that is legal

and pot has been used for hundreds (maybe thousands) of years
they have yet to find something as bad as the affects of cocain
and how long after they said it was safe did they pull it off the market and make it illegal?
like twenty years?

Actually i think the number one crime causing drug is alcohol, at least here in England. Alcohol and tobacco are both legal drugs and yet they are extremely harmful to the body. Granted, cocaine and heroin are worse, but cannabis actually has some health benefits and is not chemically addictive. I see no reason why it should be illegal when tobacco and alcohol are not.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
November 18th, 2007 at 07:17pm
I want to go with rastas and riot to legalize... lol jk.

No seriously, marijuana is one of the most relaxing things ever. More than a head massage. It brings loads of healthy factors. The only problem is that when you take mary, you feel like you can do anything, as if you were drunk. So you can probably end up dead by falling off a balcony but that's different.
Register