Roleplay Information; click here!

AuthorMessage
Buddy Christ
Falling In Love With The Board
Buddy Christ

Blog
April 9th, 2007 at 05:28pm
If teaching them in schools it wouldn't justify what is right or wrong. It will tell the different standpoints from an unbiased standpoint.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 9th, 2007 at 06:46pm
Angelic Fruitcake:
okay...for separation of church and state, lets give it ago then... its good and i'm for it cause then religion wouldnt get in the way of the states affairs, laws, justice in short. And black and white, good and evil "justice" is demeaning... somewhat. How long does this comment have to be?... damn...i've only got like two minutes... Anyways, i'm for the separation of church and state because religion isnt always right or just and it might get in the way of justice when everyone is all about religion and the two stay fused together.

Do you think that it would be possible for people to set aside something they feel so intensely about like religion? I mean even if it isn't directly said in any legal document religion is always going to play a part in politics. I don't think that's a bad thing, because people have the right to express their morality. Some people get that from their religion, other's don't. I don't think having seperation of the church and state is possible, or practical. So many morals of today's society that we consider standard are derived from some religion.

and comment length doesn't really have a set standard, as long as you express what you wanted to say.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 10th, 2007 at 01:36am
^ Agreed. A lot of kids today run around being irresponsible, skipping school, taking drugs, having sex with randoms, etc. And it's been proven that when these delinquents are enrolled in religious programs, this behavior does decrease. And the Bible preaches certain things about marriage and family relationships. In a world where divorce rates are higher than ever and families fall apart left and right, there is space for religion, for morals.

Some parents might say "Oh, well, I don't teach my child [thingy]. I want him to believe what he believes in." And some kids use the excuse that their parents never put a particular stress on morals because of atheism or agnosticism.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:01am
I'm teamless. Molly
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 01:20pm
Anji:
I'm teamless. Molly

join the club Shocked...we don't need them Snooty
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 01:40pm
NeoSteph:
Anji:
I'm teamless. Molly

join the club Shocked...we don't need them Snooty
Yeah, we'll start our own role play. It'll be the 'cool play'

Too cool

Too cool indeed, too cool indeed.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 05:07pm
Anji:
I'm teamless. Molly

Sorry! I had even teams and you were the last name on my list and I forgot which team to put you on. You can be for seperation. Con

and stefanny didn't ask to be on a team so... Coffee
Martian Girl
Banned
Martian Girl

Mibba
April 12th, 2007 at 09:51pm
8/10 kittens die when a state bans religion from government.

But seriously, many countries were founded with religion as the main influence. Many were founded on the pursuit of religious freedom. Worship cannot be separated from authority, since it dates back to the cross, when the "state" executed the "head of the church," and all authority is from God. Why ban religion from government when a mere few people don't believe in God? It's not necessarily just Christianity that would be supported, but a variety, and the support wouldn't favor any one sect or belief. So, yeah...woo for not separating them.
Moses_liberation
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Moses_liberation
April 13th, 2007 at 09:24pm
My post was edited because for whatever reason I lack the common sense to read rules, and I don't seem to know how to be polite. In fact I was nothing close to polite, I was being extremely rude and childish. If I have any questions as to why my post was edited, I can take it up with site administration and if I have common sense I'll be nice and civil about it.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
April 14th, 2007 at 12:54pm
The Church and the State should be separated. Srsly. Very Happy

But really. Look at the Dark Ages. The Church and the State were joined, and everything got so corrupt and immoral. Lords would pay priests to brainwash the peasants, tell them that wouldn't be able to get into heaven unless they listened exactly to what the lords had to say.

And is it really so much of a coincidence that the Chrisitan religion borrows so much of its terminology from the way people talked in the Dark Ages? Kingdom. My Lord.

I'm not saying that the Church isn't without its good points, but when you mix it with politics, it just opens the door for so much trouble. Imagine if all politicians decided to make decisions based on their religious beliefs. Stem cell research would come to a halt. Jewish politicians would want to start a war with whoever's inhabiting their holy land. It would be a mess.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 01:15pm
i mean look at Iran, they have a theocracy, and they are surely one of the biggest human rights violators. plus a lot of the time they take the holy books so literately. a lot things in holy books are outdated and even to the believers morally wrong the passages most commonly criticized in holy books, are not only the subjugation of women and condemnation of homosexuality, but even support for the institution of slavery, the orders to kill any disobedient children. If people where to take that literately and make laws biased on that the goverment would be even more of a mess then it is today.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 03:25pm
We Found A Duck:
The Church and the State should be separated. Srsly. Very Happy

But really. Look at the Dark Ages. The Church and the State were joined, and everything got so corrupt and immoral. Lords would pay priests to brainwash the peasants, tell them that wouldn't be able to get into heaven unless they listened exactly to what the lords had to say.

And is it really so much of a coincidence that the Chrisitan religion borrows so much of its terminology from the way people talked in the Dark Ages? Kingdom. My Lord.

I'm not saying that the Church isn't without its good points, but when you mix it with politics, it just opens the door for so much trouble. Imagine if all politicians decided to make decisions based on their religious beliefs. Stem cell research would come to a halt. Jewish politicians would want to start a war with whoever's inhabiting their holy land. It would be a mess.
In the Dark age, they didn't even have a canalization. My point would be that he human society has evolved from that times. Maybe a bit more than necessary in some ways, bad ways, and thats why the Church is needed. Moral support may not seem that important, but it is. In bad times, people refer to God, and those bad times, like war or trouble in the country is all connected with the government. I remember when the war started here, people were told to stay at home and pray while other went to war. It gave the people some security. Government uses religion in so many ways, especially while making laws. They always make laws that wont interfere with the Church. And those laws are good, they are moral. By separating Church from the state would bring a lot of chaos since the Church has more influence than it really seems.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2007 at 03:29pm
Thunder 34:
i mean look at Iran, they have a theocracy, and they are surely one of the biggest human rights violators. plus a lot of the time they take the holy books so literately. a lot things in holy books are outdated and even to the believers morally wrong the passages most commonly criticized in holy books, are not only the subjugation of women and condemnation of homosexuality, but even support for the institution of slavery, the orders to kill any disobedient children. If people where to take that literately and make laws biased on that the goverment would be even more of a mess then it is today.
Church is against the literal understanding of the Bible. The Bible is not a historical book and every priest is going to tell you that. Plus the Church is a good conservative balance to the government. So far, when the state was separated from the Church, like in communism, worse things have happened then when it wasn't. You cannot blame the government if someone is a psychotic believer and wants to have a war in their Gods name.
Wunny Bacon?!?
Jackass
Wunny Bacon?!?

Mibba
April 15th, 2007 at 07:56am
Martian Girl:
8/10 kittens die when a state bans religion from government.

But seriously, many countries were founded with religion as the main influence. Many were founded on the pursuit of religious freedom. Worship cannot be separated from authority, since it dates back to the cross, when the "state" executed the "head of the church," and all authority is from God. Why ban religion from government when a mere few people don't believe in God? It's not necessarily just Christianity that would be supported, but a variety, and the support wouldn't favor any one sect or belief. So, yeah...woo for not separating them.

Most countries that were founded on religion were founded on the morals that their religion teaches. I'm all for the whole "love thy neighbour" thing, but not so much for the whole "worship me and after you die, good things will happen to you" thing.

How could anyone in the government make any desicsions in they have to worry about what the other people's religions are? If we made it all Catholic, for example, people who aren't Catholic would have their rights violated. If we made it all Jewish, non-Jews would be offended, and would have every right to be. Having religion in the government would end up making it so that nothing ever got done. A Catholic would have to worry about what the Jew sitting to his right and the Baptist sitting to his left were thinking.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 11:02am
That brings up a good point. The denominations. Ideally, if church were kept together with state, I suppose every denomination would have its own neighborhood/community. I can't see how that would hurt. You can be near people with similar beliefs and thought processes. In some neighborhoods, people complain because none of their neighbors follow the same religion or are of the same country or whatever as they are. People get intimidated when they're outnumbered or the only one of anything.

When everyone's together, people get along better. People get to know each other better. It wouldn't exactly be all Mr.Rogers, but it would be nice to have more close-knit communities and such. And there would be less disagreements at town council meetings and stuff.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:09pm
Dr. Cuddy:
You cannot blame the government if someone is a psychotic believer and wants to have a war in their Gods name.
And you can't try and pass that off as a flaw of religion either, because that is not the way any religion teaches. True, we've had holy wars in the past, but it isn't as if the bible promoted violence, it does the opposite.Having religious morals as part of society can't hurt us.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:13pm
lyrical_mess:
That brings up a good point. The denominations. Ideally, if church were kept together with state, I suppose every denomination would have its own neighborhood/community. I can't see how that would hurt. You can be near people with similar beliefs and thought processes. In some neighborhoods, people complain because none of their neighbors follow the same religion or are of the same country or whatever as they are. People get intimidated when they're outnumbered or the only one of anything.

When everyone's together, people get along better. People get to know each other better. It wouldn't exactly be all Mr.Rogers, but it would be nice to have more close-knit communities and such. And there would be less disagreements at town council meetings and stuff.

Think I don't think that would have to happen. Just because we have religion in the government doesn't mean we would have to be isolated into seperate classes. We could still mix and learn from each others cultures.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:16pm
Kurtni:
Dr. Cuddy:
You cannot blame the government if someone is a psychotic believer and wants to have a war in their Gods name.
And you can't try and pass that off as a flaw of religion either, because that is not the way any religion teaches. True, we've had holy wars in the past, but it isn't as if the bible promoted violence, it does the opposite.Having religious morals as part of society can't hurt us.
I wasn't trying to put that as a flaw of religion or the government. I said that religion wars and too serious believers are not a part of religion and that the Church is against them, therefor you cant say that is the reason for the government to get separated from the Church.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 15th, 2007 at 01:33pm
Dr. Cuddy:
Kurtni:
Dr. Cuddy:
I wasn't trying to put that as a flaw of religion or the government. I said that religion wars and too serious believers are not a part of religion and that the Church is against them, therefor you cant say that is the reason for the government to get separated from the Church.

Oh, I know you weren't, I was just adding on.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
April 16th, 2007 at 02:08pm
Dr. Cuddy:
In the Dark age, they didn't even have a canalization. My point would be that he human society has evolved from that times. Maybe a bit more than necessary in some ways, bad ways, and thats why the Church is needed. Moral support may not seem that important, but it is. In bad times, people refer to God, and those bad times, like war or trouble in the country is all connected with the government. I remember when the war started here, people were told to stay at home and pray while other went to war. It gave the people some security. Government uses religion in so many ways, especially while making laws. They always make laws that wont interfere with the Church. And those laws are good, they are moral. By separating Church from the state would bring a lot of chaos since the Church has more influence than it really seems.
But what about atheists, agnostics, muslims and so on and so forth. The US government doesn't really support their religions, it mostly supports the catholic, christian and jewish religions.
Register