Green Day Teams Up With the NRDC

AuthorMessage
BringMeTheHorizon_x
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
BringMeTheHorizon_x
April 7th, 2007 at 11:02am
HONESTLY
I think green day are being fake .
i dont think they care about the environment i think its a publicity thing.
i think theyre trying to be the next U2.
witch is just stupid.
No im not bashing GD.
Just stating my Opinion
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
April 7th, 2007 at 10:52pm
LOL. I completely disagree. But, okay.
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 8th, 2007 at 02:04am
Kitty Khaos:
HONESTLY
witch is just stupid.
No im not bashing GD.
Just stating my Opinion
thank you.
At least now I know I'm not the only one that feels that way Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 8th, 2007 at 10:19am
So what if they are? They're still out their making a difference. They are gaining publicity in a way that helps the enviroment.

Coolio tbh complaining about them for helping the enviornment isn't exactly helping anything. It really, seriously bugs me when people complain about others doing charity work. When you donate tons of money and use your fame to help the world, then maybe you'll have the right to complain. Mr. Green
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
April 9th, 2007 at 07:53am
Yeah, at least they ARE doing something. But I don't see how it seems like they're being fake..

I mean, they've been all about this kind of stuff for awhile. I mean.. going against authority. And that is apart of it.
omfg they ACTUALLY think that the world is important and we're not treating it right.

A lot of people think so. And they're publicising it more.
HavingAGreenDay
Falling In Love With The Board
HavingAGreenDay

Mibba
April 9th, 2007 at 01:33pm
In some form, I think Billie Joe has always been into the prophecies of John Lennon, therefor has probably likely always been into activism.
Mike appears very into money AND vehicles. With his recent appearances at BMW fashion shows it seems him speaking out about the environment is almost a contradiction -- that's not to say he doesn't actually care. He may very well care.
And Tre Cool, well in my opinion he seems to just spend so much time making a jackass out of himself to really sit down and be serious about the environment and have it take a bearing on people. In fact, they'll likely only talk about how weird it was that he seemed so genuine in sincere for a couple of moments.
Demonic.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Demonic.

Blog
April 20th, 2007 at 09:28pm
Kittie Massacre:
HONESTLY
witch is just stupid.
No im not bashing GD.
Just stating my Opinion
Even if they don't care, they're still doing a lot to help. And really, they're into activism, politics...so why not?
Grow up
Sara.
This Board Is My Home
Sara.
April 20th, 2007 at 10:55pm
Demonic_HeartGrenade:
they're into activism, politics...so why not?
They told you this?
What if the whole thing is an act?
What if American Idiot was just the record label's idea?
Granted, yes they are doing things.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 20th, 2007 at 11:20pm
Ballroom Blitz:
Demonic_HeartGrenade:
they're into activism, politics...so why not?
They told you this?
What if the whole thing is an act?
What if American Idiot was just the record label's idea?
Granted, yes they are doing things.

O_o well yeah they've said things like that in multiple interviews. If American Idiot was all the record lable's idea then the people who wrote the song and theme would be filing some serious law suits seeing as how Green Day was given credit for writing all the songs.
GreenDayfreak136
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
GreenDayfreak136

Mibba
May 4th, 2007 at 02:51am
Green Day i support you with this but i just hope there still rebels
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 4th, 2007 at 06:48pm
GreenDayfreak136:
Green Day i support you with this but i just hope there still rebels

Well, they kind of are being "rebels" in the sense that they are speaking up against authority.

Just like they've been doing.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
May 5th, 2007 at 01:27pm
As Kurtni said, if they are doing a good thing I don't care why they are doing it. But honestly, I believe only Billie Joe is really into this activism thing.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 9th, 2007 at 07:51am
Ivana-palooza:
But honestly, I believe only Billie Joe is really into this activism thing.

I have to kinda agree with that, I mean I remember a time when Mike said in an interview - pre American Idiot, that politics was 'boring' (which earned him a dirty look from Beej)

But a lot has changed since then, they may be more politically and environmentally charged these days, but yeah, I do think that Billie Joe is into the activism thing, it was proved I think, when him and his family went to New Orleans.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
May 9th, 2007 at 07:15pm
If Green Day wanted publicity they would be running around naked in
antartica, smokeing dead cicadas, eating sand and raping penguins.
Not talking about the enviroment Coffee
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 11th, 2007 at 01:18pm
Polexia?:
If Green Day wanted publicity they would be running around naked in
antartica, smokeing dead cicadas, eating sand and raping penguins.
Not talking about the enviroment Coffee

Good publicity is better than bad publicity. Environmentalism is more of a global thing than some drunken rockstar doing something rebellious and stupid. I mean, hardly a new phenomenom.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 13th, 2007 at 07:53am
People who think that Green Day are only doing this for a publicity stunt, frankly, make me want to vomit.

For fuck sakes guys, so what if they are?

Why the fuck does everyone care if they're being honest or not? Since when did you get to decide what goes on in their heads?

And it's not like this "stunt" is killing thousands of kids, is it?

Just shut up and be thankful that they're actually doing something to make a difference. They've got busy lifestyles and yet they still make time to do something which is a lot more then what a lot of you people could do, I'm sure.
RPattz
Board Parasite
RPattz
May 13th, 2007 at 08:41am
Ooooh fiesty Hannah Cassie

But yeah I agree
achin' to be
Had A Life Before GSB
achin' to be
May 13th, 2007 at 08:28pm
As a band, you've got to admit that they're not very energy efficient ... travelling the world in planes, putting on massive shows, it all adds up. Maybe they just want to try and break even by getting the word out and being activists, while they're not touring the world. I don't think it's for publicity, i think they're putting their own publicity to good use. I don't think i'd ever heard of the NRDC until Green Day teamed up with them.
iamkiller
Basket Case
iamkiller

Mibba
May 13th, 2007 at 11:41pm
No, I agree with Hannah. She's completely right. Who are we to say that they're faking it?

That's just ridiculous. They're making a difference aren't they? They are trying, right? Devoting time?

At least they're doing something. Talk shit about those who aren't doing anything before you rant on someone who is trying to make a damn difference.
Green for a Day
Idiot
Green for a Day

Mibba
February 8th, 2008 at 12:24pm
Boobmeister:
People who think that Green Day are only doing this for a publicity stunt, frankly, make me want to vomit.

For fuck sakes guys, so what if they are?

Why the fuck does everyone care if they're being honest or not? Since when did you get to decide what goes on in their heads?

And it's not like this "stunt" is killing thousands of kids, is it?

Just shut up and be thankful that they're actually doing something to make a difference. They've got busy lifestyles and yet they still make time to do something which is a lot more then what a lot of you people could do, I'm sure.

You tell em,Hannah.
Be reasonable guys...Why would ANYBODY waste their time doing something like this for publicity? There's better ways to sell out than getting down and dirty. sell outs are lazy. what's lazy about being an enviroment activist? billie joe wouldn't be doin this unless he really wanted to. and I don't care what you say,person who went on the publicity stunt rant, you were totally bashing green day. if you weren't, then you would have gone to a diffferent forum to state your opinion rather than sign up on a GREEN DAY FAN forum just to say that. think about it. you knew you'd get a bunch of GD fans on your case for it, and that's why you did it
Register