Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:55am
Killer_Tomato:
druscilla; in rags:
I think it's freedom of speech.
Sure, it's freedom of speech, but freedom of speech does not have to be insulting to a representive of a country. As Anji said, it is a big thing because they all are very proud of their country, and since the King of Thailand is being mocked, as representing all Thais, it's also kind of personal. I know what it can do, I saw the drawings of Muhammad in Jyllandsposten that a few of my fellow Danes drew. He represents Islam as an entire religion, our flag was burnt by angry mobs, the food we used to sell there was boycotted and it's recently settled and everything has come to peace now, but it was a huge thing and I believe that this is, too. I know that people will remember Denmark as "That country who made fun of their prophet." and that's really sad. To make a video which is easy to delete and to ban that user who made it - of course, it's easier to delete, but that it was even made, is insulting.

You could call alot of things freedom of speech. Like bullying. Saying "Fat cow" is freedom of speech, but it still hurts and if it continues, it surely isn't funny.
Yeah, my father was Muslim. I was kinda raised learning about Islam and that was quite painful. That affected all Muslims, but the whole of Denmark shouldn't be punished, I realise. My boyfriend is Danish and he's apologised to me on several occasions, and I don't hold it against you as a people at all...unless you had anything to do with it.

Anyway, cows don't have much of a sense of ethics. I mean they are continually releasing harmful greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 12:03pm
Anji:
Killer_Tomato:
druscilla; in rags:
I think it's freedom of speech.
Sure, it's freedom of speech, but freedom of speech does not have to be insulting to a representive of a country. As Anji said, it is a big thing because they all are very proud of their country, and since the King of Thailand is being mocked, as representing all Thais, it's also kind of personal. I know what it can do, I saw the drawings of Muhammad in Jyllandsposten that a few of my fellow Danes drew. He represents Islam as an entire religion, our flag was burnt by angry mobs, the food we used to sell there was boycotted and it's recently settled and everything has come to peace now, but it was a huge thing and I believe that this is, too. I know that people will remember Denmark as "That country who made fun of their prophet." and that's really sad. To make a video which is easy to delete and to ban that user who made it - of course, it's easier to delete, but that it was even made, is insulting.

You could call alot of things freedom of speech. Like bullying. Saying "Fat cow" is freedom of speech, but it still hurts and if it continues, it surely isn't funny.
Yeah, my father was Muslim. I was kinda raised learning about Islam and that was quite painful. That affected all Muslims, but the whole of Denmark shouldn't be punished, I realise. My boyfriend is Danish and he's apologised to me on several occasions, and I don't hold it against you as a people at all...unless you had anything to do with it.

Anyway, cows don't have much of a sense of ethics. I mean they are continually releasing harmful greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
It was stupid of the people who did draw mockings of him. Some people, like some atheists, don't understand the meaning of religion to others, simply because they don't have one, or because they don't follow it well. But I see how it can be very insulting. But I thank you for your understanding.

Oh, I was just comparing, since I guess it is a form of bullying gone out of proportion. Like with the Danish drawings, it simply just shouldn't have been done, in my opinion. We all have to be here, why not just accept eachother and be respectful?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 12:09pm
Yeah, I understand.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 12:41pm
Anji:
NeoSteph:
One part of your speech that impressed me was how the king answered to the students who questioned his authority, so the king LET them have their voice. why can't this slightly immature voice be heard. Satire and comedy in the british press have been one of the biggest players in percieving a monarch or a politician you have to let it be heard.

The fact thailand has now banned an entire site because of this one insignificant post shows signs of a dictator. Where any opposing voice is silenced. The fact the thai people not only allow this, but support this breach of human rights to take place shows no back bone in your part and that believe me is something i'm very sorry to say.
See this is the difference between monarchy and democracy. Ironically enough, the King represents all Thais, and he dosen't seem to care about those who make fun of him, but the government who has brought us down on several occasions and overthrown the monarchy decided to remove the site. The Ministry of Information being a sector or whatever of the government of Thailand.

I'm not critising your love for your king, we've had similar situations in England for example when french newspapers published photo's of Diana leaving the crash site. It's bad taste and it angered alot of people. By every right you are allowed to demonstrate that you think the video should be removed although i draw the line at racism, he's a figurehead thats why he's been targeted. But I feel you should also be demonstrating to your government that you have the right to decide for yourself what should be viewed.

They have no place in deciding that for you, they are supposed to speak for the people not mother them.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 12:50pm
Trust me, we're used to the government not speaking for us. Like I say Taksin wasn't Thai.

That's why our King is still beloved whereas I admire the queen of England but in the end, I don't care so much in the outcome of the Royal Family.
rehabreject
Jackass
rehabreject
April 12th, 2007 at 01:00pm
Not sure how relevant this is, but it's on a similar topic and has information about Thai law concerning the monarchy:

CNN Story - Thai king pardons swiss man
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 01:10pm
rehabreject:
Not sure how relevant this is, but it's on a similar topic and has information about Thai law concerning the monarchy:

CNN Story - Thai king pardons swiss man
If you look at the links about YouTube, you'll see the King has nothing to do with the ban himself.

The fact that people think it's OK to make fun of us is appauling me.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 01:12pm
NeoSteph:
But I feel you should also be demonstrating to your government that you have the right to decide for yourself what should be viewed.

They have no place in deciding that for you, they are supposed to speak for the people not mother them.
Last time we did that, may I remind you, we got kinda shot at.

That's where Thailand does lack freedom of speech, when we're voicing our opinion about the government.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 01:19pm
Anji:
NeoSteph:
But I feel you should also be demonstrating to your government that you have the right to decide for yourself what should be viewed.

That's where Thailand does lack freedom of speech, when we're voicing our opinion about the government.

Well thats what happens, Look at any war, any country who were under british rule in the colonies. People will not give up power. Freedom has to be taken. It's frightening and it's not fair but eventually the straw will break from the camels back.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 01:27pm
NeoSteph:
Anji:
NeoSteph:

Well thats what happens, Look at any war, any country who were under british rule in the colonies. People will not give up power. Freedom has to be taken. It's frightening and it's not fair but eventually the straw will break from the camels back.
I dunno. I also seem to remember a bunch of bombs being planted around the city.

I'm a wuss. I stand up for myself, but I don't want to die when I am happy with just insulting the government via MSN or internet. I've found alternate sources and this time it actually has a global impact since...at least I'm hoping, someone here cares about me. And only one other person I know here is Thai but she lives in Australia, so yeah. We're not a huge country. News reporters get twice as much money in the Gaza strip over a riot story than a bombing here. Our government is blind, death, and dumb, our King is working hard with the poverty in the country and the self sufficiency programmes and all other Royal Family stuff, but there's only so much power and only so much he can do. We have to do the rest and this is how young Thais have figured out how.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
April 12th, 2007 at 04:43pm
Anji:
tyco:
tsk! LOL
oh come on... every one is in someway humiliated or taken the micky of in someway on that sight weather it be race, sex, ethnicly or if they are gay straight bi undecided.
WHATEVER!... its a fact... get over it allready LOL

im from the uk and our queen has been the target for some childish behavour but its more childish to be in uproar over it take it with a pinch of salt. (there are people who wont like you its matter of fact and matter of life.)

and why boycotte youtube?.. i mean if you want to thats fine.. dont pursuade others to on your behalf! LOL thats insane Smile

Thanks.
Thanks for telling me the history of my country. And yeah, I've taken the 'micky' out of my queen. But she doesn't represent us, does she now. I've disagreed with some of her actions in the past but never have I had to do that with the King. The fact is, this is racism. He is us. He is Thailand. And I don't like people messing with my. Right?

no i wasnt telling the history of your country hell i know nothing about tialand particularly.
i was talking about our queen and let me tell you OUR queen is very loyal to her country and a very wise woman and she dose represent us!
she has been the target of humiliation on youtube as well.
i will also tell you that i am very very strongly patriotic and love my country,, (but i also love japan LOL)
i get how it will have upset you i can understand that its a terrible act.

But... i dont see why it has wound you up to the point in poisting this (pinch of salt) and i also dont understand what gives you the right to persuade others to bann youtube on your behalf.... (this is where the freedom of speech comes in guys, and also the fact that the king says no youtube so everyone trots behind im sure not everyone would support the ban)
i may have missunderstood.. but it seems your recruiting (in want of a better word) others to boycott the sight as well and thats whats i dont think is right, i stand by you if you dont want to cause although i think its maybe blown out of preportion being in a very patriotic country myself i would support your ban in the sense i would understand why.

that possibly wasnt so clear im tired and in a neh mood Very Happy
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 04:49pm
tyco:
no i wasnt telling the history of your country hell i know nothing about tialand particularly.
i was talking about our queen and let me tell you OUR queen is very loyal to her country and a very wise woman and she dose represent us!

It is remotely possible for a person to have two [or more] nationalities.

or example, one could be both Thai and British. Just saying.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
April 12th, 2007 at 04:53pm
Bloodraine:
tyco:

ahhh good point... i hadnt thought of that. but she is from bangkok? (sp) so she is possibly english ill have to hear from her and see
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:45pm
tyco:
Anji:
tyco:
tsk! LOL
oh come on... every one is in someway humiliated or taken the micky of in someway on that sight weather it be race, sex, ethnicly or if they are gay straight bi undecided.
WHATEVER!... its a fact... get over it allready LOL

im from the uk and our queen has been the target for some childish behavour but its more childish to be in uproar over it take it with a pinch of salt. (there are people who wont like you its matter of fact and matter of life.)

and why boycotte youtube?.. i mean if you want to thats fine.. dont pursuade others to on your behalf! LOL thats insane Smile

Thanks.
Thanks for telling me the history of my country. And yeah, I've taken the 'micky' out of my queen. But she doesn't represent us, does she now. I've disagreed with some of her actions in the past but never have I had to do that with the King. The fact is, this is racism. He is us. He is Thailand. And I don't like people messing with my. Right?

she has been the target of humiliation on youtube as well.
i will also tell you that i am very very strongly patriotic and love my country,, (but i also love japan LOL)
i get how it will have upset you i can understand that its a terrible act.

But... i dont see why it has wound you up to the point in poisting this (pinch of salt) and i also dont understand what gives you the right to persuade others to bann youtube on your behalf.... (this is where the freedom of speech comes in guys, and also the fact that the king says no youtube so everyone trots behind im sure not everyone would support the ban)
i may have missunderstood.. but it seems your recruiting (in want of a better word) others to boycott the sight as well and thats whats i dont think is right, i stand by you if you dont want to cause although i think its maybe blown out of preportion being in a very patriotic country myself i would support your ban in the sense i would understand why.

that possibly wasnt so clear im tired and in a neh mood Very Happy
Screw you, you didn't even bother reading anything I posted, did you?!

And the queen sure as hell doesn't represent me, and judging by your posts on other threads...she certainly doesn't represent your ideas. Yeah, now she's all noble, but in critical moments in the history of the UK during her reign, she either shut herself up and disappeared, or done something that I am not pround of. Yeah, I'm glad my grandad got an C.B.E. That's a really high order from the queen to my family, but trust me I say that with distain sometimes.
She doesn't represent the majority of Brits but that's what's special about the King of Thailand, he is us.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 12th, 2007 at 11:46pm
tyco:
Bloodraine:
tyco:

ahhh good point... i hadnt thought of that. but she is from bangkok? (sp) so she is possibly english ill have to hear from her and see
I'm not English, I'm British.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 12:27pm
Anji:
tyco:
Bloodraine:
tyco:

I'm not English, I'm British.

as a welsh person i see HEAR HEAR...Shifty sorry

The part about how in pivital times in her reign the queen shut herself away isn't exactly accurate, she acts in a way that is deemed fit. Such as in the thatcher years when unemployment was rising and alot of people were down on there luck, she stood as a figure of support she could not intervene with the goverment because in UK monarchy it's not allowed.

With the diana inqusition there was nothing she could do. She mourned in her own way.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 01:19pm
I don't care much for her actions after Princess Diana's death, makes a good movie, but it's not exactly a pivital moment in her reign.

She doesn't have the power to intervene, but she has so much power of persuasion in theory, which is mostly unused. It's like Air Miles or something, she seems to be saving it up. The seperatist situation in Canada has seemed to have slipped off of her adgenda for a decade now, especially since it has been building up over the years, and this concerns me as a Canadian as well. She also for some reason decided to leave Adrienne Clarkson as Canada's Head of State after she really insulted the Queen before she was given the title by referring to herself as Canada's Head of State when the Queen was present, this also resulted in furthermore controversy in the sponsership scandel. She's an icon and all, but all that most people know is of her title and her official pictures. It's an automatic sorta admiration because she is our queen. I approve of her, but I think my Canadian side is what resents her. I dunno, she seems to be just giving away what little power she does have.
tyco
Jackass
tyco
April 13th, 2007 at 05:19pm
ewwwwww why would the queen morn dopey dia anyways?... i dont particularly like her!

right..... the queen dose represent the uk! and we are very very proud of her! not to the point where we would bend down to her feet and kiss her toes like tialand seems to do with your king.
also the king of tialand is not you... or anyone else

and as for the what i said in other threads make me not represent my queen... thats you telling me what i feel again... and thats an impossibility so please stop, thank you!, anyways the thing is, is that we are alloud the voice or room to so to speak to think for ourselves if the queen says jump there are a few that would jump but most would probably wave them goodbye,
also the queen is very much a peoples person she will listen and sure she has maybe made bad decisions but "to err is human!" she is only human we make mistakes we are not perfect!

and we are missing the point really what im not happy with is you telling others to bann youtube on your behalf!
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2007 at 07:52pm
Anji:
I don't care much for her actions after Princess Diana's death, makes a good movie, but it's not exactly a pivital moment in her reign.

She doesn't have the power to intervene, but she has so much power of persuasion in theory, which is mostly unused. It's like Air Miles or something, she seems to be saving it up. The seperatist situation in Canada has seemed to have slipped off of her adgenda for a decade now, especially since it has been building up over the years, and this concerns me as a Canadian as well. She also for some reason decided to leave Adrienne Clarkson as Canada's Head of State after she really insulted the Queen before she was given the title by referring to herself as Canada's Head of State when the Queen was present, this also resulted in furthermore controversy in the sponsership scandel. She's an icon and all, but all that most people know is of her title and her official pictures. It's an automatic sorta admiration because she is our queen. I approve of her, but I think my Canadian side is what resents her. I dunno, she seems to be just giving away what little power she does have.

Well regarding the remarks of not being a 'proper' figurehead for Canada. I think it's more to do with the fact the majority of Canada wants to be separists, like how Australia doesn't have much regard for the Queen anymore. Britain bent other country's over the desk and fucked them up the arse in the colonial days, it's only right for a Canadian to be the head of Canada and the Queen recognises that and respects it.

And not calling Princess Diana's death a pivital moment in Moder British history amazes me. There has not be a single icon since Winston Churchill that united a country it now only joy when she lived but grief when she died. How the Queen represented our grief was important to us. I don't know how long you lived in Britain all when but seeing when she died I was 8 yet I knew the how important what was happening was, I'd expect if you were here should have you.

and Tyco. Someone who broke down the barriers of how we percieved hiv sufferers, someone who walked across mind fields, someone who showed elegance right up to her deserves your respect not stupid ''dope di' comments
tyco
Jackass
tyco
April 13th, 2007 at 08:25pm
NeoSteph:
Anji:

Well regarding the remarks of not being a 'proper' figurehead for Canada. I think it's more to do with the fact the majority of Canada wants to be separists, like how Australia doesn't have much regard for the Queen anymore. Britain bent other country's over the desk and fucked them up the arse in the colonial days, it's only right for a Canadian to be the head of Canada and the Queen recognises that and respects it.

And not calling Princess Diana's death a pivital moment in Moder British history amazes me. There has not be a single icon since Winston Churchill that united a country it now only joy when she lived but grief when she died. How the Queen represented our grief was important to us. I don't know how long you lived in Britain all when but seeing when she died I was 8 yet I knew the how important what was happening was, I'd expect if you were here should have you.

and Tyco. Someone who broke down the barriers of how we percieved hiv sufferers, someone who walked across mind fields, someone who showed elegance right up to her deserves your respect not stupid ''dope di' comments

there are many icons who did those things...
im not saying its true but i felt everything she did was very much for publicity..i mean look at the ammount of interviews she did for the press... i dont see the queen or prices doing quite as many.
its just what i have always felt.. it was sad when she died like it is for anyone but personally i dont think she was anyone special.

having said that... even if it was all for publicity (which im not saying is true just thats what i think) then i still appluad her cause she has helped a lot of people out. and weather for the wrong or right reason things got done.

the dope di was possibly going a little tooo far but my mum started it! lol now i say it
Register