Rebel_Junkie
Geek
Rebel_Junkie
August 20th, 2007 at 09:23pm
NeoSteph:
Rebel_Junkie:
Kurtni:
Rebel_Junkie:

If God is so forgiving shouldn’t he also be accepting?

No.

Well, way to be blunt. I just think that if God (if he even exists) is supposed to be so great then he should accept everyones differences.

I think what courtney means by that ''No'' is that forgiving someone for sinning is completely different for accepting.

To forgive someone for a sin it means that person realises what they have done is wrong and the big boss man upstairs forgives him. For god to accept homosexuality is asking him to accept sin and as much as the next xentence makes me sound like a bible basher i'm going to say it anyway

Only the devil accepts sin.

I'm just saying my priest always used to tell me “God is always understanding.” Well if that is true than he should be understanding towards the alternative lifestyle.

And for all we know God might think homosexuality is okay, the bible was passed down orally for years before ever being written and recorded. We all treat the bible like it is God’s exact words. We don’t know what changed, some one may have added the ‘between and man and a women’ bit because homosexual marriages didn’t happen back then so they may have added it to make it sound more official. We don’t know. I say if God isn’t willing to accept homosexuality then I’m not ready to accept God.

Homosexuality is a natural occurrence and should NOT be treated like a sin, a disease, or bad personal choice. It’s part of the ‘grand design,’ if you will, of humankind.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 20th, 2007 at 11:13pm
I'm not arguing on God's behalf cause he does things to piss me off from time to time, But it's not the person he hates, it's the act. So looking at it from that angle he is understanding to the person he just wishes they didn't do some things.

Nobody but fundementalist take the bible at word value, else they would be condradicting themselves every chapted. But on a topic like this you can't misunderstand the message that the act of two men or two women or man and animal is not only frowned on but is considered a big ass sin. I don't know how you think the bible was created but it wasn't a stone slab passed around the kitchen table with people going ''oh that sounds good put that in john'' They are stories made with the purpose for people to live their lives in a better way.

Homosexuality is not a natural occurance, yes it effects all aspects of the animal kingdom but it's a flaw. To be natural means to continue growth so that nature can continue, Homosexuals do not procreate so it is not what nature intended. How can it be part of the Grand Design what aspect of homosexuality helps human kind?
Rebel_Junkie
Geek
Rebel_Junkie
August 21st, 2007 at 12:30am
I think it is a natural occurance and shouldn't be considered a flaw. Sure they can't procreate but we can do that in labs no so it doesn't really matter. And I realise people didn't add whatever they felt like to the bible but someone could've put something in to make more specific and that might not be what was originally intended.
I'mComing.BeScared.
King For A Couple Of Days
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 21st, 2007 at 11:14am
erm... Anyway homosexuality is NOT a sin. To have sex with person of the same gender is a sin(something like sex before mariage...)
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 03:55pm
Rebel_Junkie:
I think it is a natural occurance and shouldn't be considered a flaw. Sure they can't procreate but we can do that in labs no so it doesn't really matter. And I realise people didn't add whatever they felt like to the bible but someone could've put something in to make more specific and that might not be what was originally intended.

... but creating a test tube baby is not nature its science, so it's not natural. Yes it does matter. the aspect of perfect babies being brought up by two people of the same sex will have a major effect on society in general you can't just shoo shoo it as another way of populating the planet and the continuence of life. Even if your not religious you can see the flaw in that design.

I think it's pretty specific on this matter Very Happy
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 04:14pm
HysteriaCatherine:
erm... Anyway homosexuality is NOT a sin. To have sex with person of the same gender is a sin(something like sex before mariage...)
Oh well that's OK then, right? I mean, at least they can like each other but don't have to have sex. How good is that then? Rolling Eyes
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 21st, 2007 at 05:02pm
Anji:
HysteriaCatherine:
Oh well that's OK then, right? I mean, at least they can like each other but don't have to have sex. How good is that then? Rolling Eyes
Well, maybe. I think that if u are religious and homosexual you wouldn't make sex with loved ( yeah loved) pearson... Even if u do, God will forgive u at all, becouse it wasn't your fault in a part...
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 05:44pm
I'm sorry, but sex is a big part of a relationship, whether you can make babies or not. Sex is one of the factors that leads to love in many relationships, hetero or homosexual.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
August 22nd, 2007 at 02:09am
HysteriaCatherine:

Well you do know it's not officially homosexuality without sex? And same sex marriage isn't even legal in most countries.
I'mComing.BeScared.
I'mComing.BeScared.
August 22nd, 2007 at 08:47am
Ellaisonfire:
HysteriaCatherine:

Well you do know it's not officially homosexuality without sex? And same sex marriage isn't even legal in most countries.
Yeah I know.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 12:06pm
Anji:
I'm sorry, but sex is a big part of a relationship, whether you can make babies or not. Sex is one of the factors that leads to love in many relationships, hetero or homosexual.
Ditto that.
greendea
Jackass
greendea
September 6th, 2007 at 08:23pm
homo=etero!
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 6th, 2007 at 08:29pm
Rebel_Junkie:
Kurtni:
Rebel_Junkie:

If God is so forgiving shouldn’t he also be accepting?

No.

Well, way to be blunt. I just think that if God (if he even exists) is supposed to be so great then he should accept everyones differences.
Yeah, it was blunt, nothing else was needed. "Accepting" and "forgiving" are not the same thing.

If someone kicks me because they're mad, I'd forgive them if they said sorry. But that doesn't mean I would accept that action of kicking as acceptable behavior.
greendea
Jackass
greendea
September 6th, 2007 at 09:00pm
i think no one should care about god's opinion...( i'm atheist) i think if you adore god yuo must decide with your brain anyways
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 6th, 2007 at 09:00pm
greendea:
i think no one should care about god's opinion...( i'm atheist)
I guessed.... Coolio
greendea
Jackass
greendea
September 6th, 2007 at 09:05pm
Smile i only think that all of us has a brain.... if you believe in god you know that you have it! think not obey
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
September 6th, 2007 at 10:40pm
greendea:
i think no one should care about god's opinion
God doesn't have an opinion. Even if there was proof of a God we couldn't hear his opinions, he'd be a dude up in the sky as we all know him.
greendea
Jackass
greendea
September 6th, 2007 at 10:48pm
yeah, i think when people speak about god's opinion, thay speak about religion....
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
September 6th, 2007 at 11:50pm
greendea:
Smile i only think that all of us has a brain.... if you believe in god you know that you have it! think not obey

Sounds like something the snake would have said to Eve.
greendea
Jackass
greendea
September 6th, 2007 at 11:59pm
because i am the snake! ahahaha
Register