Sexual Templates

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 4th, 2007 at 08:13pm
I don't think that comes under a sexual template. Does it? O_o.

But sometimes, a sexual template includes a certain age group. And it makes sense, because don't a lot of marriages fall apart after one partner reaches a certain stage in life? This isn't like way back when people stayed together because they were duty-bound. If there's not enough...whatever. I forgot the name of the chemical, but its supposed to help you love. If there's not enough of it or enough attempt to keep the marriage/relationship alive, then because one partner no longer meets the other partner's sexual template, there's a chance it'll just...die.

[insert Three Days Grace song here]
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
October 5th, 2007 at 06:48pm
lyrical_mess:
Freud is very bullshit-ish. A lot of what he said is stupid when you think about it. If you sit down and think about it, how many girls on here are jealous of their mother for getting such a great catch?

Speaking as someone who has studdied psychology.. and frued...

that stage of life happens when your like.. 3-6.

The stage is called the Phallic stage.... and it doesn't last for life.

http://wilderdom.com/personality/L8-5FreudPsychosexualStagesDevelopment.html#Phallic
TrainSpotting
Geek
TrainSpotting
October 6th, 2007 at 05:23am
I know my thing for long-haired guys roots from my childhood. Tommy was the green ranger, and my favorite color was green so he was my favorite. He had long hair and I've loved long-haired guys for as long as I can remember, probably because of that (and Hanson, of course. Razz but that was when I was 7-9).

I don't know why I like skinny guys, though.
Steph:DonaNobisPacem
Geek
Steph:DonaNobisPacem

Blog
October 6th, 2007 at 07:16pm
When I was young, I never had my father around.
He left my mom when he found out she was pregnant with me.

So my whole life, I grew up with my grandpa as the only man I trusted.
I thought there was no man, or even person, better than my grandpa.

My grandpa is tall, with glasses.

Sure enough, the guy I like is tall and has glasses.
My grandpa is also shy, and the guy I like is also shy.
I have never thought my grandpa as sexual, because he's really old, and I'm related to him.

Now that I've thought of this, I feel really gross!
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 7th, 2007 at 06:56pm
Why should you feel gross about it? Its not as though you're falling for your grandfather.

Your grandfather makes you feel safe, special, comforted. And shyness, height and glasses are things you associate with your grandfather. Perhaps in turn, you assosciate those same things with feeling safe special and comforted. So I suppose according to this whole sexual template theory, you respond to guys with those characteristics because in your mind, he will make you feel happy and be pwnage lik your grandpa.
Register