I don't think I will ever get over Fred's death. >_>
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 5th, 2007 at 03:40pm
Rollerpig:
You and me both my good friend. I just pretend like it never happened and he's still alive.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 5th, 2007 at 09:58pm
Fred and George_JCMD:
Rollerpig:
You and me both my good friend. I just pretend like it never happened and he's still alive.

...well..technically a boy named Fred Weasley was never killed by some explosion during a wizard duel... because its only a story. So you don't have to pretend Coolio
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 01:15am
Kurtni:
Fred and George_JCMD:
Rollerpig:

...well..technically a boy named Fred Weasley was never killed by some explosion during a wizard duel... because its only a story. So you don't have to pretend Coolio
He never died!!!!!

Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2007 at 02:49am
Fred and George_JCMD:
Kurtni:
Fred and George_JCMD:
Rollerpig:

He never died!!!!!

Coolio

exactly ;p
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 02:55am
Kurtni:
Fred and George_JCMD:
Kurtni:
Fred and George_JCMD:
Rollerpig:

He never died!!!!!

Coolio

exactly ;p
Thinking ahead there eh? Wink
iplayaltosax
Idiot
iplayaltosax
August 6th, 2007 at 03:46am
The thing that really bothers me about Fred's death is that there was no reason for it at all, it served no purpose in the plot whatsoever. I can't believe she just killed a beloved character for no reason.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2007 at 04:44am
iplayaltosax:
The thing that really bothers me about Fred's death is that there was no reason for it at all, it served no purpose in the plot whatsoever. I can't believe she just killed a beloved character for no reason.
Its her book and she wanted to lmfao what other reason is needed?

In all the interviews she has done she has talked about how the deaths served the purpose of showing just how intense this war with Voldemort was and how no one was safe. It doesn't really matter if they were a loved character or not..
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 04:49am
Kurtni:
iplayaltosax:
Its her book and she wanted to lmfao what other reason is needed?

In all the interviews she has done she has talked about how the deaths served the purpose of showing just how intense this war with Voldemort was and how no one was safe. It doesn't really matter if they were a loved character or not..
Buttholey lady Snooty
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
August 6th, 2007 at 10:51am
iplayaltosax:

she took people, that would really hurt the readers. Molly so we would see this is a real ~war~ >_>
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 04:10pm
Harry Potter.:
iplayaltosax:

she took people, that would really hurt the readers. Molly so we would see this is a real ~war~ >_>
Well war suckz balls.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 6th, 2007 at 07:34pm
Oh of course there was a reason. Fred was a constantly happy presence, him and George were ALWAYS making people laugh, even when Voldemort was out and about killing people they were advertising 'U-NO-POO', so to take him away would have a massive impact because his happiness and ability at making other people happy made him seem invincible, so she needed to show that nobody was safe, no matter what.

I mean, I think the death of the Minister for Magic proved that it didn't matter what status you had, Voldemort would kill you if he had a passing fancy.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 07:35pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
Oh of course there was a reason. Fred was a constantly happy presence, him and George were ALWAYS making people laugh, even when Voldemort was out and about killing people they were advertising 'U-NO-POO', so to take him away would have a massive impact because his happiness and ability at making other people happy made him seem invincible, so she needed to show that nobody was safe, no matter what.

I mean, I think the death of the Minister for Magic proved that it didn't matter what status you had, Voldemort would kill you if he had a passing fancy.
Still totally uncalled for File
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 6th, 2007 at 07:39pm
Just because you love someone, it doesn't mean it was uncalled for.

Death comes to us all eventually, it's always called for. Especially in situations like that.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2007 at 07:40pm
Fred and George_JCMD:
Flaming Phalanges!:

Still totally uncalled for File
With that logic, then no death is really called for. But thats the kind of stuff that makes me want to read the stories, it keeps them intense and suspenseful.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 6th, 2007 at 07:49pm
Yeah, if no one died then it'd be completely unrealistic.

Like JKR said, "Voldemort doesn't go for the extras".
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
August 6th, 2007 at 07:52pm
Flaming Phalanges!:

Unrealistic and a little boring too. Fred was one of the deaths that I was upset about though Smiley The Weasleys just grow on you like some kind of fungus.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
August 6th, 2007 at 07:54pm
Kurtni:
Flaming Phalanges!:

Unrealistic and a little boring too. Fred was one of the deaths that I was upset about though Smiley The Weasleys just grow on you like some kind of fungus.
Tis what I'm saying.
I was saying that because I was close to the character, I know people have to die! I'm not that dense. xD But I know he had to die, but I'm not very happy about it but I didn't die did I.

I'm sure I just made myself look like a complete non-making-sense ass.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 6th, 2007 at 07:55pm
Yeah, the Weasleys do become like an extended book family and you can't help but love them, even with their faults.

Cos like, Ginny pwns hard, and Percy's all heroic stumbling through the portrait hole like he did, Fred and George are self explanatory, Bill and Charlie are the cool older brothers I wish my brother would be, Mr and Mrs Weasley are just brilliant, and Ron.. ah, dear sweet Ronald.

Bless him and his obliviousness when it comes to feelings and girls and just about everything.
Register