AuthorMessage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:30pm
Mastodon:
Kurtni:
There is absolutely nothing else my mom could teach me that i don't already know, and really thats true for alot of teenagers. Not all of them, but a good portion.

Yes, however having no age restrictions is a bit, what, stupid? I'm sure at 13 there were things your mum could have taught you.
Well, if you were already worrying about being pregnant and needed the pill, it would be a little late for your parents to talk to you about sex then. Personally, I think I'd rather have teenagers have access to it early on, instead of getting an abortion later. It probably could be more benificial for parents to know about their kids having sex, but not every teenager is going to share that information. I think it would be better for parents to be unaware of their kids having sex than it would be for teenagers to end up pregnant because they don't have access to medication.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 23rd, 2007 at 06:44pm
Mastodon:
The child will still become pregnant even if they can take the pill, the whole point behind the pill is that it stops the pregnancy from developing further.

Not true. If you're already pregnant the pill won't stop the pregnancy.
The pill keeps fertilization and implantation of the egg from occurring.
It cannot halt a pregnancy.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 23rd, 2007 at 09:19pm
Anji:
That's bullshit. The only way to prevent teenage pregnancy is to castrate every teenager. You can't stop it, there will always be irrisponsible, horny teenagers.
So, accidental pregnancies will never happen?

I have a close friend who I know for a fact was on the pill, and made her boyfriend wear condoms. And she still got pregnant, and I can only assume the condom broke.

Accidents happen.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
May 24th, 2007 at 11:08am
Kurtni:
Well, if you were already worrying about being pregnant and needed the pill, it would be a little late for your parents to talk to you about sex then. Personally, I think I'd rather have teenagers have access to it early on, instead of getting an abortion later. It probably could be more benificial for parents to know about their kids having sex, but not every teenager is going to share that information. I think it would be better for parents to be unaware of their kids having sex than it would be for teenagers to end up pregnant because they don't have access to medication.

No, but your parents knowing means they can make some effort to stop such events happening in the future.

Erm. I'm not sure I quite understand.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 24th, 2007 at 12:18pm
Mastodon:
Kurtni:

No, but your parents knowing means they can make some effort to stop such events happening in the future.

Erm. I'm not sure I quite understand.
I know, they could do that. And I agree, if every teenager told their parents they were having sex it would be benificial. But not every teenager is going to do that. So we have to work with that, and make the pill available to them anyways. And what happens if the parents refuse to buy the girl the pill?
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 24th, 2007 at 12:19pm
^
Personally, I don't think parents have the right to know if their kids are having sex.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 24th, 2007 at 12:36pm
druscilla; in rags:
^
Personally, I don't think parents have the right to know if their kids are having sex.

I'd like to know where all of your ideas about rights come from. I don't know, rights seem to come into your arguments a lot.

Such as unborn babies have none, but post-birth foetuses do. Such as mothers having full rights of their own body, but not the right to know when the child they had the right to kill starts having sex. Such as children having the right to buy the pill in chemists.

Where do all these rights come from? the law?

I'm guessing, on a tangent, that the pill is like most medications when it comes to kids. Even cough linctus has a guide that will say 'for children under the age of 12, take x amount, and for adults take xx amount'. How do we know that the pill, which is an adult medication, might need to be taken in different quantities for a little girl?. They probably print it on the package, but I'm making the point that adults and children have different medicinal requirements.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 24th, 2007 at 01:22pm
My ideas on rights come from what I believe.
That's why I said "personally".
Although there are laws that say if a child goes into a Planned Parenthood his/her parents cannot be notified. I think that's the right thing to do.
Unborn fetuses don't have rights because they're not legally human; children have rights because they are.
Mother's have rights to their bodies; but the body of their child isn't theirs.

And I believe that the FDA and the government administration realized they couldn't keep the morning-after pill from being legalized so they put in steps to ensure that not everyone could get it. That's my belief.
Birth control is legal for minors, yes? All that the morning-after pill is, is a large dose of birth control. If you take, like, a week's worth of birth control and then take more ten hours later it has the same effect. [I can't remember the exact numbers, I'd have to ask my mother.]
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 24th, 2007 at 02:15pm
druscilla; in rags:
^

Well, until you're 18, your parents have the right to know every single thing about you because legally they are held accountable for you.
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
May 24th, 2007 at 02:22pm
druscilla; in rags:
^

Parents have the right to know everything, until you're 18.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
May 24th, 2007 at 03:01pm
Kurtni:
I know, they could do that. And I agree, if every teenager told their parents they were having sex it would be benificial. But not every teenager is going to do that. So we have to work with that, and make the pill available to them anyways. And what happens if the parents refuse to buy the girl the pill?

That is true, but I've said several times already why would a parent do that. I doubt anyone who actually thinks wouldn't realise that if their child has a child of their own, then they themselves will probably have to support it financially. This being, obviously, of more cost to the parents than a pill.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
May 24th, 2007 at 03:04pm
druscilla; in rags:
And I believe that the FDA and the government administration realized they couldn't keep the morning-after pill from being legalized so they put in steps to ensure that not everyone could get it.

So risk a massively ballooning population, leading to uneymployment problems, a massive amount of support needed from the state and many other potentially damaging incidents for the government because they don't support it? Come on, if you've elected these people into power they aren't going to be that stupid.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
May 24th, 2007 at 03:16pm
Mastodon:
druscilla; in rags:
And I believe that the FDA and the government administration realized they couldn't keep the morning-after pill from being legalized so they put in steps to ensure that not everyone could get it.

So risk a massively ballooning population, leading to uneymployment problems, a massive amount of support needed from the state and many other potentially damaging incidents for the government because they don't support it? Come on, if you've elected these people into power they aren't going to be that stupid.

When a government operates under the religious "right" they don't care about anything else.
Biffy Clyro
Basket Case
Biffy Clyro
May 25th, 2007 at 12:27pm
druscilla; in rags:
When a government operates under the religious "right" they don't care about anything else.

Yeah, sure. I really think you underestimate the amount of work a government does. They're not going to fuck over a whole section of the population because they don't agree with it, are they? Cynicism is over-rated.
loveyoohxxx
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
loveyoohxxx
May 25th, 2007 at 01:16pm
Okaaaay, first of all a thirteen year old should not be having sex.
and I think there should be an age limit of at least 16 because that is the consentual age.
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
May 25th, 2007 at 02:08pm
loveyoohxxx:
and I think there should be an age limit of at least 16 because that is the consentual age.
the age of consent differentiates from place to place
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2007 at 03:34pm
Kurtni:
druscilla; in rags:
^

Well, until you're 18, your parents have the right to know every single thing about you because legally they are held accountable for you.
With exceptions. Technically, you can be sixteen since you can own your own house. In the UK anyway.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2007 at 03:47pm
Mastodon:
Kurtni:

That is true, but I've said several times already why would a parent do that. I doubt anyone who actually thinks wouldn't realise that if their child has a child of their own, then they themselves will probably have to support it financially. This being, obviously, of more cost to the parents than a pill.

Some people find the pill to be immoral, because it stops a pregnancy from occuring. I can easily see how some parents wouldn't want their kid to use it.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2007 at 03:49pm
loveyoohxxx:

Teenagers tend to have this nasty habit of not always doing everything they're suppose to. So, obviously some 13 have had sex, what happens to them when they need the pill? They're too young to get it, and they're definitely too young to care for a child.
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
May 25th, 2007 at 04:27pm
of course our parents have the right to know what we do with our lives,until a certain age.
but you know,some of today's youngsters think that speak a bit about anything with their parents is big deal,speaking in look like different from the others...therefore,sex is an impossible topic to be discussed.
so they don't get enough information about sex,STD and pregnancy.In the last case they stick to these strange,risky methods to get rid of the child.
Indeed it's not the case of everyone,but i'm just taking these portion as an example.These teenagers create some sort of a "psycho barrier" to be far for parental advisories...and so their doom begin.
The best way to prevent from future troubles with family and itself is to gather enough information about these topics before taking any action.
Prevent is the best sollution afterwards. Up
Register