The Morning After Pill

AuthorMessage
Cecilia
Had A Life Before GSB
Cecilia
May 25th, 2007 at 07:37pm
loveyoohxxx:
Okaaaay, first of all a thirteen year old should not be having sex.
and I think there should be an age limit of at least 16 because that is the consentual age.

Age of consent or not, there will always be girls pregnant at that age.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
May 26th, 2007 at 01:33pm
loveyoohxxx:
Okaaaay, first of all a thirteen year old should not be having sex.
and I think there should be an age limit of at least 16 because that is the consentual age.
I know pleanty of 13 year olds who've consented to sex.
redgreendayfan
Geek
redgreendayfan

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 10:38am
well i think that parents should know that you are taking it, i agree that there shouldnt be an age limit if you cant talk to your parents about it you should be able to go to a chemist and buy it and tell your parents later but i dont agree with abortion although in many cases that is the only way.
Brendon Urie..
King For A Couple Of Days
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 13th, 2007 at 06:53pm
I don't see how people who are pro-life can't be in support of this pill.
It will diminish the number of abortions.
It's a win-win situation.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 11:52am
druscilla; in rags:
They don't look at it like that, some of them look at it as destroying pregnancies. Im pro-life, and I support the pill. Their thinking is a bit extreme in my opinion.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 12:39pm
druscilla; in rags:

People who are pro-life are pro-creation. People who are pro-life tend to believe that life begins at conception. By my understanding, the morning after pill doesn't stop conception, it stops implantation (hence the term morning-after, and not night-before or something). So yes, the pill does, in a very small way, prevent a life from starting.

But you know, it's a far better alternative to abortion, since I don't consider zygotes that fail to implant properly (like the ones that end up in the fallopian tubes) as viable anyway Coolio
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 01:44pm
Nickel Nausea:
of course our parents have the right to know what we do with our lives,until a certain age.
but you know,some of today's youngsters think that speak a bit about anything with their parents is big deal,speaking in look like different from the others...therefore,sex is an impossible topic to be discussed.
so they don't get enough information about sex,STD and pregnancy.In the last case they stick to these strange,risky methods to get rid of the child.
Indeed it's not the case of everyone,but i'm just taking these portion as an example.These teenagers create some sort of a "psycho barrier" to be far for parental advisories...and so their doom begin.
The best way to prevent from future troubles with family and itself is to gather enough information about these topics before taking any action.
Prevent is the best sollution afterwards. Up
That's bullshit.

In the 60's talking about sex to your parents was a biiiiiig taboo. My dad wouldn't be caught dead talking to my grandad about sex. Of couse it was known as the 'Swingin' Sixties' but definately not for the parents and middle-aged of that time. Those elders with secondary school children were appauld by the state in which society was heading.

My father once went on a little sojourn with my grandparents in London. Now my grandparents, infact pretty much all grandparents from that time were conservatives who barely used the television. Carnaby Street was unheard of to them, so when my father suggested a stroll down Carnaby Street, nobody considered any harm in it...until they actually arrived at Carnaby Street that is. Mini-skirts, tube dresses, long hair, beards, beads. My grandparents immedeately rushed my young father away in shock. The 'degragation of society'.

If my grandparents were alive now, who knows what they'd think!

My point, sex wasn't a dinner table topic then, as it isn't now. There were other factors leading to the gate children of this age compared with the one of our parents.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 01:07am
I do think this pill should be available to everyone any age.
Aren't condoms available for anyone at any age?
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 01:10am
^
Yes.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 08:23am
^

Coolio
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 15th, 2007 at 10:18am
obsession.:
Are condoms100% effective?
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
June 15th, 2007 at 04:15pm
^
No. And neither is this pill.
And what does that have to do with the distribution of it?
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
June 19th, 2007 at 10:59pm
Kurtni:
obsession.:
Are condoms100% effective?
No thats why the pill should be available for everyone at any age. Confused
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 23rd, 2007 at 03:04pm
I misread her post, sorry. I thought she said she didn't think it should be available because condoms were already available Mr. Green
Heroin Bob
Idiot
Heroin Bob

Blog
June 30th, 2007 at 04:07pm
I see your point on this about the age limit but I guess they want the parents to know what their child is doing. I myself don't think its 'right' to be having sexual intercourse at young ages. People need to be careful. I think they should be able to get the morning after pill when they need it but maybe and adult should be notified. If your under the age limit and need it by the time you get it it may be to late and then you either have the choice of having the child or getting an abortion. Many teens would have trouble with this choice. Its such a huge choice that would change someones life drastically.
Sherlock Holmes
Addict
Sherlock Holmes
June 30th, 2007 at 06:13pm
Well I guess that this shows just how much generations have changed, I mean in my parents day NOBODY wanted sex untill like they were in their 20s...Iam sorry but it sickens me, sex to me is a horrible prospect (I know I may change my mind)
but to want to do it right now and to even think about it makes me gip.

And the morning after pill, your friend SHOULD TELL her parents otherwise it's called going behind their backs and being kindof a lier.

Sorry to be evil but yeh...It's the truth...

xx
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
July 1st, 2007 at 01:05am
Fandangle:
Well I guess that this shows just how much generations have changed, I mean in my parents day NOBODY wanted sex untill like they were in their 20s...Iam sorry but it sickens me, sex to me is a horrible prospect (I know I may change my mind)
but to want to do it right now and to even think about it makes me gip.

And the morning after pill, your friend SHOULD TELL her parents otherwise it's called going behind their backs and being kindof a lier.

Sorry to be evil but yeh...It's the truth...

xx
People have always wanted sex. o_o I mean were you there during your parents generation? Or did they just tell you that? :O
Im sure you dont tell your parents everything you do, I guess that would be going behind their backs too, now wouldn't it? And yeah Im pretty sure your parents dont tell you everything they do. Dispite, what people say about keeping this pill for only people over 18 or be acompanied by an adult, that will just cause MORE unwanted pregnancies, MORE abortion. Some people dont really want to throw their sex lives out in the open with their parents. And most kids will always go behind their parents backs and do what they please. Atleast, if there's a pill like this out there they wont have to go through alot more pain and trauma having to tell their parents what they did.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
July 4th, 2007 at 12:23pm
Fandangle:

So... you're 14. That makes you my sister's age. My mom got knocked up with me when she was sixteen years old. Sorry to throw your "everyone wanted to wait until they were 20" theory out of the water. But it's bullshit. There have been teenage pregnancies since the beginning of time and there always will be.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 5th, 2007 at 06:27pm
You know, I don't even think the issue is so much with what the medication does; but just the fact that its medication. You have to be over 18 to buy lots of medication really, I mean in my state I can't even buy cough syrup. Adults can't buy more than a certain amount each month to help prevent meth labs from making illegal substances. Condoms are different than a pill; you can't abuse a condom in the same way that a pill could be abused.
Brendon Urie..
Brendon Urie..

Mibba
July 5th, 2007 at 09:16pm
Kurtni:
You know, I don't even think the issue is so much with what the medication does; but just the fact that its medication. You have to be over 18 to buy lots of medication really, I mean in my state I can't even buy cough syrup. Adults can't buy more than a certain amount each month to help prevent meth labs from making illegal substances. Condoms are different than a pill; you can't abuse a condom in the same way that a pill could be abused.

But the MAP is basically just a high dose of the birth control pill.
And you can get the birth control pill under the age of 18.
Register