AuthorMessage
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
July 7th, 2007 at 07:45pm
x__LorettaYoungSilks:
Dujo:
How would all that work? Where would you upload files?

Well, my way is that Me and Kate could record a "show" (more like a sort of podcast) on my minidisc recorder and then upload it here and it could be linked to from the site or w/e

I'd be interested to hear about syco's way, though..it sound rather intriguing Smiley

If you where to do a podcast it would probably be more proper for you to use a home recording software such as cool edit pro 2.0. then you could add music to the background. adjust the volume of it all. mix it to virtually make your own track. cancel noise in the background.

Now what I'm talking about is setting up a live radio station through winamp. You set it up, but you have to have a server to run it off of. You download winamp and something called shoutcast. install them, and all of that. You add your music into it, give certain ppl access to it to DJ. and everything.It would be live, streamed everything. Playing w/e musicc you have, and take requests through threads and over Instant messengers. Might wanna set restrictions on certain things though. I suggest having a few dj's and having set times for them to get on, so there isnt as much of a debate or problem. Set it up with who you feel fit, trustworthly, and also set it up according to the dj's schedules. I can give more of a breakdown if needed. I can give the set-up, links all of that stuff.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 02:13am
Dujo:
How would all that work? Where would you upload files?
File Obviously thats your job
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 10:28am
SycoSkunk!:
Now what I'm talking about is setting up a live radio station through winamp. You set it up, but you have to have a server to run it off of. You download winamp and something called shoutcast. install them, and all of that. You add your music into it, give certain ppl access to it to DJ. and everything.It would be live, streamed everything. Playing w/e musicc you have, and take requests through threads and over Instant messengers. Might wanna set restrictions on certain things though. I suggest having a few dj's and having set times for them to get on, so there isnt as much of a debate or problem. Set it up with who you feel fit, trustworthly, and also set it up according to the dj's schedules. I can give more of a breakdown if needed. I can give the set-up, links all of that stuff.

That's a really cool idea, but they'd have to be a LOT of DJ's since I'm sure no-one would woant to do it for several hours every day Confused
princesswar
Geek
princesswar

Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 02:33pm
That sounds like an awesome idea!^^
Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Love

Mibba Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 06:56pm
it'd be difficult...

but another idea: How about getting the music player back?
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 07:59pm
x__LorettaYoungSilks:
SycoSkunk!:

That's a really cool idea, but they'd have to be a LOT of DJ's since I'm sure no-one would woant to do it for several hours every day Confused

yes most sites do have more than one DJ. usually about 4 considering if your a DJ you get your own show. There is one manager of the DJ's. who sets up the schedule, and helps decide on who is djing. usually it takes auditions. then theres diff shows n shit for each DJ. There'd have to be rules of conduct for the station though, because of the agegroup of kids. Its manditory that the DJ's have a microphone. Then theres other ppl you could give access without, they arent a DJ, they are considered 'Bots' cause no speaking. they just create a large playlist and let it run.
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 08:22pm
*wonders if we're allowed or not*

Maybe we could make a smaple show to tempt you Dujo??
*hopes*
Dujo
Admin
Dujo
July 9th, 2007 at 08:27pm
x__LorettaYoungSilks:
*hopes*

That would be nice Mr. Green
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 08:31pm
But what would you do in those shows? Think
syco-cheechoo2
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
syco-cheechoo2

Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 08:33pm
^i'd say news, mix in abit of music, talk about different topics or w/e.
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 09:28pm
SycoSkunk!:

Spot on =]]]
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
July 9th, 2007 at 09:29pm
Dujo:
x__LorettaYoungSilks:
*hopes*

That would be nice Mr. Green

*loves you*

*finds microphone*
tehe

EDIT: I've just spoken to Kate, and we're going to record one tomorrow...but, how long do you want it to be??
St. Dude
St. Dude
July 10th, 2007 at 12:52am
i like it Cassie
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 10th, 2007 at 11:42am
x__LorettaYoungSilks:
SycoSkunk!:

Spot on =]]]
I think that would pwn. Cassie
We're Outlaws, Yeah!
We're Outlaws, Yeah!

Mibba Blog
July 10th, 2007 at 08:52pm
We've made one for 50 minutes
but we know there's some issues and stuff
Maria's just doing some editing
there's outside noises which we will eliminate if we can do another
Critisim is wanted
but first we wait for the editing to be completed =]
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
July 10th, 2007 at 10:22pm
We're Outlaws, Yeah!:
We've made one for 50 minutes
but we know there's some issues and stuff
Maria's just doing some editing
there's outside noises which we will eliminate if we can do another
Critisim is wanted
but first we wait for the editing to be completed =]

Yes...the sample is just to be judged by content, and not by audio quality. Also, we'll probably include more Green Day music as it is for a Green Day fansite, but we got a bit carried away tehe
If you give the show the go ahead, I will DEFINETLY invest in some better audio equipment...I just don't want to get it incase you say no.
...And I will tell Kate that her Darth Vader impressions on the microphone are not necessary lmfao lmfao lmfao
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
July 11th, 2007 at 02:07pm
Nice idea (Ihadbeforepfft), but I doubt it'll happen. Coolio
We're Outlaws, Yeah!
We're Outlaws, Yeah!

Mibba Blog
July 11th, 2007 at 04:50pm
x__LorettaYoungSilks:
...And I will tell Kate that her Darth Vader impressions on the microphone are not necessary lmfao lmfao lmfao[/font]

Just Because The Microphone Was Too Close Shifty
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
July 11th, 2007 at 05:47pm
Post to link so we can hear it.
EvilGiraffe!
Addict
EvilGiraffe!

Blog
July 11th, 2007 at 06:39pm
I'm going to, when MegaUpload stops being a bitch >.<

It was 92% uploaded and then a message came up saying "This program has stopped responding" and then it closed omgno
Register