R U DA REEL POTTA PHAN?

AuthorMessage
Angelic Fruitcake
Falling In Love With The Board
Angelic Fruitcake
August 14th, 2007 at 06:03pm
I was in year 5...so about 8 or something. Or 9 I dunno.
Anyho my teacher brought it (PS, that is) in to read, like a class reading thing, and you were meant to take it home, maybe read a bit.
I just remember my teacher reading out the first chapter and being completely transfixed.
I took it home, like you supposed to, and by the next time we were supposed to be reading it, I had read half of it.

And I been hooked since I was 8 or 9. (8 years?!)
Still am.
Always will be.
Full stoppppp.
Sarah!
Geek
Sarah!
August 14th, 2007 at 06:43pm
when i was 7. i would have read the first one when it came out like i did the others but i was only 4 and my reading skills weren't too great! i stopped reading them went i went to secondary school b/c i thought i would get teased but i've started again this summer and i can't put them down. again.

=]
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
August 14th, 2007 at 07:15pm
Haha.. third grade. Seven years ago. My brother had gotten them from his friend to read, and I decided to give them a shot.
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
August 15th, 2007 at 01:35am
lyrical_mess:
Well, I remember when I was in third grade, my brother got the first book and I remember he recieved the second book as a package from Amazon.com. He loved them and he was obsessed before me. So in fifth grade, a bit after the fourth book came out, I decided to take them out of the school library.

I read the first one. But when I finished it, I couldn't find it so I took PoA. I remember my mom confiscated it when I was halfway done because I wouldn't clean my room. xD. Then I got the fourth one. And then after weeks of waiting, someone finally returned the fourth one to the library and I read it.

And I loved them all since I read the first book. Been addicted ever since. Six years of Pottermania. Its a damn shame my kids won't have it.

They will if we all let our kids read them. Some of them are bound to love them as much as we did(do.) It is kind of depressing though that they won't have the excitement of waiting in line for the next book to come out...because there is no more new books...ever... Sad
Macfadyen
Basket Case
Macfadyen
August 15th, 2007 at 06:19am
If my kids don't read the books on their own, I'm damn well forcing them to.
Harry Potter is going down as one of those classics. Think LOTR and Narnia. Except bigger.
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
August 15th, 2007 at 06:24am
Matt Bellamy:
Harry Potter is going down as one of those classics. Think LOTR and Narnia. Except bigger.

WAY bigger.

I'm going to read The Socerer's(Philosopher's) Stone to my kids as a bedtime story Mr. Green there is no way that they won't like it...
Peardrops
Addict
Peardrops

Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 03:04pm
I was in year five and my tutor used to read to us at the end of the day. And one day she said; "I've got a new book for you, it's called Harry Potter - has anybody heard of it?" And everybody shook their heads. Haha.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 03:13pm
TragicCaseofMyReality:
Matt Bellamy:

WAY bigger.

I'm going to read The Socerer's(Philosopher's) Stone to my kids as a bedtime story Mr. Green there is no way that they won't like it...
Same.

And Pottermania is this generation's Beatlemania.
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 15th, 2007 at 07:46pm
You know what? The generation after Beatlemania...the ones who liked them too were all like "Mom, tell me about the time you went to their concert..."

Can you image our kids being all like "Tell us the story about when you bought the seventh book..."
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
August 15th, 2007 at 08:24pm
lyrical_mess:
You know what? The generation after Beatlemania...the ones who liked them too were all like "Mom, tell me about the time you went to their concert..."

Can you image our kids being all like "Tell us the story about when you bought the seventh book..."
lmfao the two don't really compare
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
August 16th, 2007 at 12:58pm
Misanthropist:
lyrical_mess:

lmfao the two don't really compare

Yes they do.

Retard
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
August 16th, 2007 at 01:30pm
I think I was eight.. it was in year three, and my teacher would read the first book to us, a chapter at a time and then half way through the book, I was all "mum, mum, mum, there's this mad book that my teacher's reading us, can we get it!?" and she accidently bought me the second one, and so my friend and I took in our copies of the second one, and he read that and then the third. And my whole class was obsessed with harry potter, we were really dissapointed about having to go into year four because we wouldn't have that teacher to read the fourth book to us.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
August 16th, 2007 at 07:39pm
My brother wanted it for Christmas. And he thought it was boring. But I loved it and my mom bought me the two other books cause the first one got here when the third was already out.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
August 20th, 2007 at 09:22pm
wow, everyone was 7-10. Cheese
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 20th, 2007 at 09:42pm
I know! All those little GSBians running around scared that Voldemort was hiding under their bed.

Actually, I was positive I could hear the basilisk slithering through my room at night, because I was just finishing CoS at about 4am one night and it was all dark and I couldn't sleep.

But PoA scarred me more - I was reading that late at night too, and when I went to the bathroom I had to check behind the door to make sure Sirius Black wasn't going to jump out at me (I think I'd just read Flight of the Fat Lady) and to this day I do not go into that bathroom without looking behind the door first. I mean, it's been like that for about SEVEN years. And it's completely ridiculous, because 1) Sirius is a fictional character ANYWAY, 2) If he did jump out at me after the initial shock I wouldn't be too upset and 3) He's dead, mate.

[/nightmare biography]
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 07:16pm
OMG, I totally freaked out after the second movie. Parseltongue is creepy to children!
Lissie!
Lissie!

Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 09:59pm
I didn't get into Harry Potter before the first movie came out at the cinemas. My mom said she thought I and my brother would like it, so we went to see it with her, and yes, I loved it. I was seven years old. I began reading the books and since that day, I'm a Harry Potter fan Cassie
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 21st, 2007 at 11:46pm
I started reading it when I got books 1 & 2 as a set for Christmas whenI was in the 3rd grade, I think. And it all went out from there. Cassie

I used to be to biggest HP nerd you'd ever meet. :lmfao

I would read the books at school under the table so the teacher couldn't see it, and I always got caught and in trouble. tehe

I'm glad I'm not one of those people who only like HP for the movies and have never read one of the books in their life. ._.

I remember when HP wasn't all about slash. I used to have an HP backpack. I had sooo much stuff. It was in 8th grade that I wasn't so crazy about it anymore. Now I'm really into it again.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
August 21st, 2007 at 11:53pm
HP's all about slash?

Blimey, what sites are you going to, Jess?
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
August 22nd, 2007 at 12:39am
Scratch that. I don't mean all about slash.
But it seems like people are all a;slkdngoewirg about it.
It wasn't like that before...when we didn't know what slash was. tehe

but yeah like that edited picture of Draco and Harry lying in bed..

....no.
I wonder what Rowling would think if she came across a slash story about HP. OMFG
Register