Religious Extremists in Government

AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 9th, 2007 at 09:34pm
porcelain-star:
haha people. and dont recite my rights back at me. i know my rights. and i know im being opressed, just like every other indifferent minority. ANARCHY ANARCHY ANARCHY.

what the hell do you rally think would happen if the government and every of system collapsed do you think people would walk around holding hands and living in harmony. There would be no rules so no one could be held accountable for their actions.

I'm going to use the nastiest example going because hell you annoy me. You could be walking to your corner shop in the middle of the day with lots of people around, a car of full grown men could stop next to you throw you in the back seat and brutally rape and kill you and they could get away with it. because what system is going to stop them, there would be no license plates to track the cars. The world would be gang warfare so no one int he busy streets would chase you down, you would only be able to rely on your closest family and friends and they won't be around you all the time.

Anarchy means living in fear because it takes away your future. The government and religion fuck up because you can't make a system perfect but it's better than no system at all. Just imagine the chaos of the simplest things gone like bin men and postal workers and then go up to the bigger issues, with no government there's no NHS, the private health care service wouldn't be monitored so they could charge the hell they want and over charging wouldn't stop and medical needs, with no government there's no trade so essentioal food sources or your favorite things in life would then go onto the black market where you would have to buy them, but what would you buy them with because without a system money doesn't exist. I'msure you could trade what you already own but you see without a police force or any security system there's no one stopping people from raiding your home in broad daylight. so what you are left with in an anarchy way of life are the homless, the hungry and the hurt.

wake up and stop being a fool.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 9th, 2007 at 09:34pm
porcelain-star:
haha people. and dont recite my rights back at me. i know my rights. and i know im being opressed, just like every other indifferent minority. ANARCHY ANARCHY ANARCHY.

what the hell do you really think would happen if the government and every other system collapsed do you think people would walk around holding hands and living in harmony. There would be no rules so no one could be held accountable for their actions.

I'm going to use the nastiest example going because hell you annoy me. You could be walking to your corner shop in the middle of the day with lots of people around, a car of full grown men could stop next to you throw you in the back seat and brutally rape and kill you and they could get away with it. because what system is going to stop them, there would be no license plates to track the cars. The world would be gang warfare so no one in the busy streets would chase you down, you would only be able to rcount on your closest family and friends and they won't be around you all the time.

Anarchy means living in fear because it takes away your future. The government and religion fuck up because you can't make a system perfect but it's better than no system at all. Just imagine the chaos of the simplest things gone like bin men and postal workers and then go up to the bigger issues, with no government there's no NHS, the private health care service wouldn't be monitored so they could charge what the hell they wanted to and over charging wouldn't stop at medical needs, with no government there's no trade so essential food sources or your favorite things in life would then go onto the black market where you would have to buy them waaay overpriced, but what would you buy them with because without a system money doesn't exist. I'm sure you could trade what you already own but you see without a police force or any security system there's no one stopping people from raiding your home in broad daylight. so what you are left with in an anarchy way of life are the homless, the hungry and the hurt.

Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 10th, 2007 at 03:54am
NeoSteph:
porcelain-star:

what the hell do you rally think would happen if the government and every of system collapsed do you think people would walk around holding hands and living in harmony. There would be no rules so no one could be held accountable for their actions.

I'm going to use the nastiest example going because hell you annoy me. You could be walking to your corner shop in the middle of the day with lots of people around, a car of full grown men could stop next to you throw you in the back seat and brutally rape and kill you and they could get away with it. because what system is going to stop them, there would be no license plates to track the cars. The world would be gang warfare so no one int he busy streets would chase you down, you would only be able to rely on your closest family and friends and they won't be around you all the time.

Anarchy means living in fear because it takes away your future. The government and religion fuck up because you can't make a system perfect but it's better than no system at all. Just imagine the chaos of the simplest things gone like bin men and postal workers and then go up to the bigger issues, with no government there's no NHS, the private health care service wouldn't be monitored so they could charge the hell they want and over charging wouldn't stop and medical needs, with no government there's no trade so essentioal food sources or your favorite things in life would then go onto the black market where you would have to buy them, but what would you buy them with because without a system money doesn't exist. I'msure you could trade what you already own but you see without a police force or any security system there's no one stopping people from raiding your home in broad daylight. so what you are left with in an anarchy way of life are the homless, the hungry and the hurt.

God, well said Steph. Hail
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
September 12th, 2007 at 08:43pm
porcelain-star:

here's a quote for you:

* WAR IS PEACE
* FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
* IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH

and by the way, BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU. Wink
LoveMeLudo
Idiot
LoveMeLudo

Mibba
September 19th, 2007 at 03:54am
NeoSteph:
Paislee LeStrange:
NeoSteph:
OK not wanting someone to be able to become a government official because of their religious beliefs is just as bad as telling someone they can't because of the colour of their skin or their sexual preference.

No it's not. Being black or gay doesn't restrict others' freedom.

inforcing laws based on your personal beliefs, and applying them to a diverse nation, is wrong.

PLUS, people who rocked up in this forum telling me to shut up coz its bagging theur religion or whatever, need to brush up on their rights coz i have the RIGHT to FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

if a christian said that homosexuality is wrong or whatever, people would complain, and they would just say that its their religion. but that is HATE SPEECH.

freedom of SPEECH not FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

i'm not going to gag myself to simply spare the discomfort of a few ignorant people.

and THAT'S how we do it in my town Cool

It's not about restriction, whatever beliefs or social culture you come from will have an effect on how you behave in office. A homosexual official will have a different idea on how to handle gay rights then maybe a straight official. A black official will have different views than a white official in Africa on the apartheid. People here have given you many examples of athiest in office who have caused mayhem so let me give you a list of christians and many of religious persons who have made this world a mostly free nations

Gandhi (for equality in india)
Winston Churchill (monumental part in keeping europe a free nation)
Nelson Mandella (peaceful action against the apartheid)
Albert Einstein (the god father of science
William Wilber force (abolished the slave trade)
Here's one you'll know, Jesus (died for our sins)
Emmeline Pankhurst (women's rights)

FREEDOM OF SPEECH INCLUDES FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION, FREEDOM OF BELIEF AND FREEDOM TO WORSHIIP.

IT DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FREEDOM TO PERSUCUTE AND CONDEMN OTHERS.

you colouring all religious people as extremist is the same as me saying all gay people have AIDS, when any normal person with half a brain knows thats false.

Wake up and smell the coffee sweetheart if you want to live in a peaceful and equal society then you have to accept everyone, THAT INCLUDES CHURCH CONGREGATIONS

Alright, i'm confused. Are you saying that religious people are better than atheists?
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
September 19th, 2007 at 08:29pm
Spider_Pig:

Alright, i'm confused. Are you saying that religious people are better than atheists?

she is saying there is no difference. well, in the way that anyone with any sort of beliefs would run an office according to those [beliefs]. Regardless if they are religous or not.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
September 19th, 2007 at 08:49pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether you like it or not, if you are easily offended by it. Its your problem, but when a goverment offical says he will do something that involves discrimination because he doesn't like it or he thinks its wrong. He is no better than Hitler, who didn't like the Jews.

I used to be christian, i was born and raised as one but sometimes you have to get over the fact that there is no god and get on with your life.
If there is a god and remember this is my opinion and to be honest, I don't care if you get offended because all through your life you are going to get offended and you can't condemn people for their opinions.

MY OPINION

I don't believe that there is a god or a satan, I don't believe that theres a heaven and hell. When you die, you get buried in the ground and thats it. Gone!

Do you really think god cares about us?
If he really cared he would help people.

Why is there people starving all over the world?
Why did he let Hitler do what he did?
He made the world so why can't he solve the problems of pollution?

Thats easy! He can't. He's not real, he's just a story that is made to get little kids to sleep at night. The whole concept of religion is bullshit.

Jesus was jewish, who the catholics say he was Roman catholic.

Jesus was a jew who was killed by catholic romans.

Research it, you do the math.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
September 19th, 2007 at 10:17pm
this is about religion in politics, not religion/god itself.
Maiku's Kind Ghost
Maiku's Kind Ghost

Mibba
September 20th, 2007 at 01:25am
schooldropout:

Research it, you do the math.

Um....The Romans that killed Jesus weren't Catholic, they where pagan. Christianity wasn't adopted by the Romans until the 4th century, Jesus lived in the early first century, And on top of that, Catholicism or Christianity was founded AFTER Jesus died.
So maybe you should to some research yourself babe
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
September 20th, 2007 at 10:55am
Why should I have basic respect, i'm giving my opinion on it.
The fact is you don't like it.

Whatever happened to respecting everyone elses opinions, thats gone to the dogs entierely. Its okay to have an opinion as long as it goes a long with what you say, if someone speaks out against it they have no respect. WTF!

If you are offended by what my opinions are tough, because you can't go through life saying i don't like it, so its wrong.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 20th, 2007 at 12:55pm
schooldropout:
Why should I have basic respect, i'm giving my opinion on it.
The fact is you don't like it.

Whatever happened to respecting everyone elses opinions, thats gone to the dogs entierely. Its okay to have an opinion as long as it goes a long with what you say, if someone speaks out against it they have no respect. WTF!

If you are offended by what my opinions are tough, because you can't go through life saying i don't like it, so its wrong.
It is not your opinions, even though I personally disagree with them, it's the way you state them. You need to have respect for everyone and their beliefs. You may not believe in god, and think Christianity is ridiculous, but others do believe in it, and you have no right at all to be rude to them and disregard their beliefs.

No one has said, "I don't like it, so it's wrong". We've never said that what you stated was wrong. Respect is essential, and, as far as I know, required here. No one's saying you can't state your opinion, but we do ask that you state any views you may have respectfully. This is a discussion thread, not "insult everyone around me" thread.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
September 20th, 2007 at 03:59pm
schooldropout:

I don't believe that there is a god or a satan, I don't believe that theres a heaven and hell. When you die, you get buried in the ground and thats it. Gone!
And you aren't a tiny bit afraid of that?

wow.

schooldropout:

Jesus was jewish, who the catholics say he was Roman catholic.
They don't say that. And he wasn't.

ColleenStarship:
this is about religion in politics, not religion/god itself.
ditto.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
September 20th, 2007 at 04:01pm
oops.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
September 20th, 2007 at 08:16pm
No I'm not afraid of it because we all die some day.

Respect is earned not assumed.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 21st, 2007 at 02:49am
schooldropout:

Essentially, I've done nothing at all to you, would never dream of disrespecting you. All any of have done is point out that your statements contradict themselves, and are also wrong. We suggested that you check your facts.

We would do this for anyone. We respect you until you give us reason to revoke said respect. That's how things work here.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 21st, 2007 at 03:15pm
schooldropout:

God, so Neitzsche. The only differece is that you aren't a Nazi, I suppose.
schooldropout
Banned
schooldropout

Blog
September 21st, 2007 at 03:28pm
I'm sorry if you think I was disrespecting you, I didn't mean to.
I'm sorry for the way i acted and i guess I just snapped at the people closest.
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
September 22nd, 2007 at 03:31am
Hmm, questions. Can there be specific threads on religions/ not religions? Like a Christian or Catholic thread or and Athiest thread but with no bashing? Just the general conversation, to gain knowledge of certain religions and non? Or would that be to much or a stretch in separation? Debates make me uneasy, I having a feeling of dread when debating, like riots will break out or something :/
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
September 22nd, 2007 at 05:58pm
robotchicken.:
Hmm, questions. Can there be specific threads on religions/ not religions? Like a Christian or Catholic thread or and Athiest thread but with no bashing? Just the general conversation, to gain knowledge of certain religions and non? Or would that be to much or a stretch in separation? Debates make me uneasy, I having a feeling of dread when debating, like riots will break out or something :/
lmfao @ the riots.

But I don't know if there could be religion threads without bashing. Look at the kid whose been posting all over this thread. There's always going to be at least one person who can't resist being petty and immature.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
September 23rd, 2007 at 01:04pm
robotchicken.:

there's already 8 or 9 different religious threads, which all end up christian bashing but what can you do X_X
Register