Dumbledore's sexuality. . .

AuthorMessage
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
November 3rd, 2007 at 12:42am
Flaming Phalanges!:
It's very important to the book! Why did Dumbledore turn a blind eye to all Grindelward's plans for muggle torture? Because he was blinded by love. It's not irrelevant in the slightest. Had Dumbledore not loved Grindelward, he probably would have seen him properly for what he was and tried to prevent his plans before he got a chance to cause much damage.

What you have to remember is that Dumbledore is as human as the rest of us, and it shouldn't be strange from any sort of perspective that he is also prone to having feelings, just as we all do.

Well, when you were first reading it, did you think There's no way Dumbledore would have acted this way unless he's gay!
I really didn't consider it or have any question about the Grindelwald stuff- I just thought Dumbledore was a misguided teen.
So, for me at least, him being gay didn't explain anything new.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
November 3rd, 2007 at 12:41pm
No, but then his sexuality was never confirmed in the books, so you must have just assumed that he was straight. I never really thought about it personally, but I think there's a difference between being a misguided teen and being blinded by love.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
November 3rd, 2007 at 08:37pm
Flaming Phalanges!:
No, but then his sexuality was never confirmed in the books, so you must have just assumed that he was straight. I never really thought about it personally, but I think there's a difference between being a misguided teen and being blinded by love.

Yes, there's a difference, but this new tid bit of information just hasn't changed my opinion on anything, so I personally don't feel it was neccesary.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
November 3rd, 2007 at 10:12pm
Yes, but I don't suppose a lot of things were necessary in the books. I don't suppose it was overly necessary that all the Weasleys have red hair, but it's frequently mentioned.

The fact of the matter is, a fan asked the question and JKR answered it truthfully.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
November 4th, 2007 at 01:10am
Flaming Phalanges!:
Yes, but I don't suppose a lot of things were necessary in the books. I don't suppose it was overly necessary that all the Weasleys have red hair, but it's frequently mentioned.

The fact of the matter is, a fan asked the question and JKR answered it truthfully.

Hand
Whatever.
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
November 4th, 2007 at 08:35am
Flaming Phalanges!:
It's very important to the book! Why did Dumbledore turn a blind eye to all Grindelward's plans for muggle torture? Because he was blinded by love. It's not irrelevant in the slightest. Had Dumbledore not loved Grindelward, he probably would have seen him properly for what he was and tried to prevent his plans before he got a chance to cause much damage.

I think so too. Think
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
November 4th, 2007 at 11:06am
Rollerpig:
Flaming Phalanges!:

I think so too. Think
Seconded.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 4th, 2008 at 10:00pm
When my friend told me that, I didn't believe him. I thought it was just a rumor or something. Then I heard that J.K. Rowling herself said it and, well, I refused to believe it. Even now, I deny it that he is gay just cause I don't want to believe it. It's not that I have anything against gay people, it just sometimes I think I'm homophobic. I mean, my best friend is gay so I can't be that homophobic. I guess I'm more disappointed then anything even though it makes sense.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 6th, 2008 at 03:38pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
When my friend told me that, I didn't believe him. I thought it was just a rumor or something. Then I heard that J.K. Rowling herself said it and, well, I refused to believe it. Even now, I deny it that he is gay just cause I don't want to believe it. It's not that I have anything against gay people, it just sometimes I think I'm homophobic. I mean, my best friend is gay so I can't be that homophobic. I guess I'm more disappointed then anything even though it makes sense.
Why are you disappointed?
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
January 7th, 2008 at 06:10am
My classmates don't believe me and they make fun of me cause I said it Mad
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 7th, 2008 at 07:54pm
mondo bongo.:
Shadow of a Doubt:

I don't know. Because I don't want him to be gay. Because I always thought he seemed gay, but I never thought that J.K. Rowling would comfirm it. I thought she would just keep us guessing.
j'adore.
Geek
j'adore.

Mibba Blog
January 26th, 2008 at 02:59pm
Aww!
That's cool, but I can't imagine Dumbledore being gay, or straight of anything really.
To me, he's just Dumbledore.

Very Happy
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
February 1st, 2008 at 02:21pm
justxlies.:
... I keep forgetting he's gay lmfao
lmfao me too
SirJackles
Idiot
SirJackles
February 29th, 2008 at 08:25pm
my dad was spazzing about this the other day and my mom was like "oh shut up" and i was thinking "mom he's only upset because he's against gays and one of his favorite book characters is Smile" boy i'm glad i didn't say that out loud
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
March 7th, 2008 at 10:32pm
designer drug.:
Shadow of a Doubt:

Sometimes it's the idea of change.

Like.. My little sister right now.
She's always been straight to me.
If she were suddenly to decide she were a lesbian.... I would probably be quite upset.
Not because I'm anit-homosexuality. I'm not in the least. But because all of a sudden.. a major part about her.. is different.
Willow
Geek
Willow
October 31st, 2009 at 08:20pm
i'm glad she made a gay character that isn't a stereotype.

i think that those of you who said the christians and catholics would be offended forgot to mention the muslims (in the middle east it isn't uncommon for homosexuals to be executed)

and not to say that all christians, catholics, and muslims are homophobic. just the majorty.
Register