US President elections 2008.

AuthorMessage
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
October 22nd, 2007 at 12:23am
the US President elections will be held in about a year and people are thinking about who the next president could be more and more. The main candidates areā€¦

Hillary Clinton- a Democrat, U.S. Senator from New York and a Former First Lady.

John Edwards, a Democrat, Former U.S. Senator from North Carolina and 2004 Democratic Vice Presidential candidate

Rudy Giuliani, a republican, Former Mayor of New York City

John McCain, a republican, U.S. Senator from Arizona

Barack Obama , a Democrat, U.S. Senator from Illinois

Mitt Romney, a republican Former Governor of Massachusetts

Fred Thompson, a republican Former U.S. Senator from Tennessee

personaly I like Clintons opinions on most of the issues. I don't think I like her as a person but I think she would be a good president. I whould be happy with Obama aswell.

discuss the US President elections here.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
October 22nd, 2007 at 03:41am
I would never, ever vote for Hillary. My gut feeling is that she wouldn't accomplish much, and would probably wind up as a puppet for her husband and her cabinet.

I'm voting Obama. I think, if nothing else, he'll wind up sending aide to Darfur and at least attempt to get the UN to pay attention to the genocide going on there.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 22nd, 2007 at 08:20pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
and would probably wind up as a puppet for her husband and her cabinet.

her husband ended up as a puppet for her when he was president Mr. Green

She is impulsive and way too idealistic; she wouldn't be able to work with congress to get anything done.
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
October 23rd, 2007 at 06:58am
Kurtni:

She is impulsive and way too idealistic.

Exactly.She's really the "all talk, no action" type. Sure, she has "experience" written all over her resume being a first lady and a senator, but where's the hands on stuff? I agreed with Guiliani's comments [and now, I suppose, every other GOP's comments] on how she's never run anything. To be honest, a governor does a lot more with their state then the senator.

The list above includes the top candidates, but I think some of the other candidates such as Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee should be mentioned as well? On the Democratic side...I can't think of anyone else Laughing

Did anyone watch the GOP debates last night on Fox? I only got the highlights today and from the headlines, the debate didn't bring up any new waters for testing. Only one request, they've got to stop talking about Hillary. No matter how much bashing the GOP candidates attempt to do, it does not bode well for any of them.

So Brownback's out, who's next to go? A Democrat or a Republican?

I'm glad someone made this thread. I really wanted to but not being American would make it seem...odd =)
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
October 23rd, 2007 at 05:00pm
Well with Hillary it seems people eather love her or hate her. I think she might be the next President though, and of course everyone who dislikes her will say "If she wins i'm moving to Canada!" and then she will win and no one will move to Canada Coolio

sorry if I forgot some of the candidates, I tryed to do the ones I thought where most talked about. I can edit it and add more names if you want.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 23rd, 2007 at 05:10pm
BayareatasticPolexia:
Well with Hillary it seems people eather love her or hate her. I think she might be the next President though, and of course everyone who dislikes her will say "If she wins i'm moving to Canada Croatia!" and then she will win and no one will move to Canada Coolio

sorry if I forgot some of the candidates, I tryed to do the ones I thought where most talked about. I can edit it and add more names if you want.

She won't win, she doesn't have enough support, look at the polls. She just gets so much coverage because she is a female running for president, and people are talking her up. She isn't all that popular. File

lmfao except in my state. like 24765781678134767892361 love her here. Luckily, that isn't the case everywhere.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
October 23rd, 2007 at 05:15pm
OMFG Missouri loves Hillary?

well Obama is getting more support. People used to think he was to much of a n00b but now his ratings are going up. Hillary is one of the most popular canadates though.

take lots of pics of Croatia Kurtni tehe
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 23rd, 2007 at 05:22pm
BayareatasticPolexia:

well Obama is getting more support. People used to think he was to much of a n00b but now his ratings are going up. Hillary is one of the most popular canadates though.

OMG YES SHE IS THEY WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT HER
Smiley she is always ahead in polls they show on the news. I swear, if she wins are state, I'm going to have to beat up every single person in Missouri. I'm quite skilled in the art of kick boxing File
Shes popular, as in she gets alot of coverage, but in most polls she isn't winning. Then again, polls don't always mean anything. The entire democratic party is popular this year really, they're all getting alot of press. Good and bad.

tehe I will.
pamplemousse
Idiot
pamplemousse
October 24th, 2007 at 12:28am
I actually would most rather have former Senator Mike Gravel because his opinions match mine and he isn't afraid of saying something that may be controversial. But the likelihood of him winning the primary is incredibly close to nothing.

So I go with Obama, because I do agree with him for the most part, and he seems at least somewhat more open.

I just really dislike Hillary. Her opinions are all over the place, and never seem be what she actually believes, just what people want to hear.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
October 24th, 2007 at 01:02am
chain gang of 1974:
I just really dislike Hillary. Her opinions are all over the place, and never seem be what she actually believes, just what people want to hear.
Mmm. Exactly.

I forgot which news show I'd been watching, but they mentioned her record as a senator, and how it seemed as if she was a follower who attempted to appear as a leader. Apparently, she voted in favor of various bills supported by the republicans and such back in the early days of Bush's term.

I don't know. I don't want someone like that in office. After this entire debacle with Bush Jr. I'd like to see someone who knows what they want done and who's able to do it.
Franny.
Franny.
October 24th, 2007 at 07:28am
Kurtni:
BayareatasticPolexia:

OMG YES SHE IS THEY WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT HER
Smiley she is always ahead in polls they show on the news. I swear, if she wins are state, I'm going to have to beat up every single person in Missouri. I'm quite skilled in the art of kick boxing File
Shes popular, as in she gets alot of coverage, but in most polls she isn't winning. Then again, polls don't always mean anything. The entire democratic party is popular this year really, they're all getting alot of press. Good and bad.

tehe I will.

She's leading by more than 10 points in the national polls. I'm not too sure what her numbers are in the individual states, but they're definitely higher than Obama or Edwards. She's definitely the front runner for the Democrats right now, and if Obama and/or Edwards don't take up their campaigning up a notch, they won't be able to catch up at all.

She definitely is getting a lot of press coverage though. Also, all the GOP candidates are set on her being their opponent when it's still quite early to decide that. Hillary is the most popular presidential candidate overall right now, and this will either keep her campaign afloat all others, or in the near future, the overexposure will be the end of her.

My views lean toward the right so naturally I would like a Republican to win, but it's unfortunate that so far, none of the GOP candidates stand out to me. I've chosen my Democratic contender [Obama with Edwards as running mate *crosses fingers*] but I have yet to choose my Republican candidate.

I agree with many of Ron Paul's views, and in a small way I root for him, but he doesn't have enough support for him to stay in the game for too long. Guiliani, as much as I like to critisize him, his views aren't too bad. I mean, he does seem like he swings left and right [even though he denies his views being liberal], but if he can stay strong on one side on individual issues, he'll stay in the lead on the GOP side. Huckabee was very successful in his last debate, but once again, he won't be able to gain enough support mainly due to his focus on his religious views more than anything else. Thompson has to start campaigning or he'll fade into the background since he doesn't really shine in debates. McCain has been saying the same things, which is good, but still isn't attention grabbing. I'm torn on Romney because I feel he's changing his game as Guiliani changes his game. They going neck to neck recently and I'm not sure if it's a good idea for Romney right now.

One main question though: Why will Romney's religious views affect his poll numbers negatively? I don't know much about mormonism, but if someone could explain why they think it's affecting his campaign, do tell please. It may not actually be affecting it at all, but the media is really set on it, yet they don't really explain why.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 24th, 2007 at 08:32pm
Franny.:

She's leading by more than 10 points in the national polls.
Which national polls?
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
October 24th, 2007 at 09:01pm
I wouldn't vote for anyone Retard
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
October 25th, 2007 at 02:07am
Meski:
If you live in the US and have the ability to vote, that's really careless. This affects you in so many ways. I don't understand how you can just not take part in it.
Franny.
Franny.
October 25th, 2007 at 04:07am
Kurtni:
Franny.:

She's leading by more than 10 points in the national polls.
Which national polls?

Sorry, I mean the majority of the ongoing national polling. I'm not exactly sure which one, but multiple news stations have reiterated that she is leading in the national poll by more than 10 points. I have a page that has the many ongoing polls that is open to the nation...but it must be regarded lightly only because not everyone votes in each one. Here is the page Please don't knock the information because it's from wikipedia, there are links attached to each.

So Romney mixing his Obama and Osama, honest mistake? [Happened twice so I hear...]
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 25th, 2007 at 08:19pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Meski:
If you live in the US and have the ability to vote, that's really careless. This affects you in so many ways. I don't understand how you can just not take part in it.
exactly, by not voting for anyone, you aren't rebeling or anything like that. Even if you dislike all the people running, voting for someone is better than not voting at all.
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
October 26th, 2007 at 12:09am
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Meski:
exactly, by not voting for anyone, you aren't rebeling or anything like that. Even if you dislike all the people running, voting for someone is better than not voting at all.

Technically she can't vote.. she's only 14.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 26th, 2007 at 01:12am
Who am I voting for?.......Fred Thompson. He seems like the best choice out of the Republicans. My parents think that Rudy Giuliani is the best choice, but he is for gun control and abortion and some other stuff that I can't think of. But one good thing about him is that he did so spectacular on 9/11, so we know he will be good at stopping terrorists. But I'm going for Fred Thompson right now. I might change my mind since we still have a year. And if Thompson doesn't win the primarys and Rudy does, then I'll vote for Rudy or whoever the republican candidate is.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 26th, 2007 at 01:14am
Franny.:
Kurtni:

She is impulsive and way too idealistic.

Exactly.She's really the "all talk, no action" type. Sure, she has "experience" written all over her resume being a first lady and a senator, but where's the hands on stuff? I agreed with Guiliani's comments [and now, I suppose, every other GOP's comments] on how she's never run anything. To be honest, a governor does a lot more with their state then the senator.

The list above includes the top candidates, but I think some of the other candidates such as Ron Paul and Mike Huckabee should be mentioned as well? On the Democratic side...I can't think of anyone else Laughing

Did anyone watch the GOP debates last night on Fox? I only got the highlights today and from the headlines, the debate didn't bring up any new waters for testing. Only one request, they've got to stop talking about Hillary. No matter how much bashing the GOP candidates attempt to do, it does not bode well for any of them.

So Brownback's out, who's next to go? A Democrat or a Republican?

I'm glad someone made this thread. I really wanted to but not being American would make it seem...odd =)

I watched part of the debates. But I wasn't really paying much attention, I was online at the time. So really that translates to: I don't watch it.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 26th, 2007 at 01:20am
A few months ago I was watch Fox News and they showed a clip of McCain talking about presidential stuff and he walks up to the mic and goes(To the Beach Boys song: Barbara Ann),"Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran." Laughing It was so funny, but what made it funnier was that no one laughed. You had to see it, it was hilurious.
Register