Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 26th, 2007 at 08:43pm
Remarkable Rocket:
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Meski:
I wouldn't vote for anyone Retard
If you live in the US and have the ability to vote, that's really careless. This affects you in so many ways. I don't understand how you can just not take part in it.
exactly, by not voting for anyone, you aren't rebeling or anything like that. Even if you dislike all the people running, voting for someone is better than not voting at all.

Technically she can't vote.. she's only 14.

and she used wouldn't, which was a hypothetical verb in that situation.. Con
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
October 26th, 2007 at 10:10pm
BayareatasticPolexia:
OMFG Missouri loves Hillary?

well Obama is getting more support. People used to think he was to much of a n00b but now his ratings are going up. Hillary is one of the most popular canadates though.

take lots of pics of Croatia Kurtni tehe
I guess every place supports one candidate.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
October 26th, 2007 at 10:12pm
Kurtni:
Remarkable Rocket:
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Meski:
I wouldn't vote for anyone Retard
If you live in the US and have the ability to vote, that's really careless. This affects you in so many ways. I don't understand how you can just not take part in it.
exactly, by not voting for anyone, you aren't rebeling or anything like that. Even if you dislike all the people running, voting for someone is better than not voting at all.

Technically she can't vote.. she's only 14.
and she used wouldn't, which was a hypothetical verb in that situation.. Con
Whoa... First, I'm a guy as it says Male. Second, I don't want to cause rebellion for not voting, I just really don't like voting or politics in general. I guess if I were 4 years older I could as I have an American nationality, but I just really don't want to feel American (sorry if someone takes that offensively).[/quote]
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
October 27th, 2007 at 12:36am
Shadow of a Doubt:
A few months ago I was watch Fox News and they showed a clip of McCain talking about presidential stuff and he walks up to the mic and goes(To the Beach Boys song: Barbara Ann),"Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran." Laughing It was so funny, but what made it funnier was that no one laughed. You had to see it, it was hilurious.

no one laughed beacuase bombing isn't nice. As much as the leader of Iran makes me want to shoot something Coolio

I think that kinda makes him look ingnorant. Like he takes bombing the shit outta a country lightly. I mean he was kidding but I think it can piss people off.
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
October 27th, 2007 at 12:38am
Meski:
Whoa... First, I'm a guy as it says Male. Second, I don't want to cause rebellion for not voting, I just really don't like voting or politics in general. I guess if I were 4 years older I could as I have an American nationality, but I just really don't want to feel American (sorry if someone takes that offensively).

but if you don't vote then you support not voting and thats just being ignorant. Plus less then half of Americans vote, so voting dosn't really make you look American Coolio

but you can't vote anyway, so whatever.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 27th, 2007 at 05:47am
BayareatasticPolexia:
Shadow of a Doubt:
A few months ago I was watch Fox News and they showed a clip of McCain talking about presidential stuff and he walks up to the mic and goes(To the Beach Boys song: Barbara Ann),"Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb, Bomb Iran." Laughing It was so funny, but what made it funnier was that no one laughed. You had to see it, it was hilurious.

no one laughed beacuase bombing isn't nice. As much as the leader of Iran makes me want to shoot something Coolio

I think that kinda makes him look ingnorant. Like he takes bombing the shit outta a country lightly. I mean he was kidding but I think it can piss people off.

Well, I found it funny. Rolling Eyes I don't necessarily think he should them or anything.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 27th, 2007 at 12:42pm
As a non-American, I'm just happy not seeing 'Bush' in the line-up anymore.
Remarkable Rocket
Falling In Love With The Board
Remarkable Rocket
October 27th, 2007 at 07:36pm
BayareatasticPolexia:
Meski:
Whoa... First, I'm a guy as it says Male. Second, I don't want to cause rebellion for not voting, I just really don't like voting or politics in general. I guess if I were 4 years older I could as I have an American nationality, but I just really don't want to feel American (sorry if someone takes that offensively).

but if you don't vote then you support not voting and thats just being ignorant. Plus less then half of Americans vote, so voting dosn't really make you look American Coolio

but you can't vote anyway, so whatever.

The way you vote defines how america is seen....

Just putting that out there.
Franny.
Franny.
October 27th, 2007 at 11:06pm
BayareatasticPolexia:
Shadow of a Doubt:

I think people allow McCain some cynical jokes because he was a pow and they know his views have been altered by that. I wouldn't have laughed but I would be able to accept the fact that McCain did it as a joke.
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
October 28th, 2007 at 01:00am
Anji:
As a non-American, I'm just happy not seeing 'Bush' in the line-up anymore.

Agreed 100%
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
October 28th, 2007 at 07:52pm
Meski:
That acutally makes me really angry. Something as important as the presidential election, something that determines the person that's going to be representing the country and making all the decisions for us, and you say, "Oh, I don't like voting. I don't like politics."

I'm sorry, but that whole thing strikes me as choosing to be ignorant.
Franny.
Franny.
October 29th, 2007 at 03:05am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Meski:
That acutally makes me really angry. Something as important as the presidential election, something that determines the person that's going to be representing the country and making all the decisions for us, and you say, "Oh, I don't like voting. I don't like politics."

Actually, I don't mind that Meski doesn't vote. He said, "Oh, I don't like voting. I don't like politics." That's fine. As long as he doesn't complain about anything to do with the government, it's his right not to vote. What irks me most is when people don't vote, then go on trashing the government. That, to me, is pure ignorance.

I interviewed someone recently, and he brought up a good point that I'm sure has been touched on by many. What difference would my vote make? It's honestly a tiny percentage like 0.-more zeros-9%. I didn't argue his point, but in my mind I did think of a small answer. I would vote to a) be allowed to complain about governmental issues in the future =P and b) do my part as a citizen no matter how small the number. It's a main attraction for democracy. Views and opinions anyone?
Remarkable Rocket
Remarkable Rocket
October 29th, 2007 at 03:18am
Franny.:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Meski:

Actually, I don't mind that Meski doesn't vote. He said, "Oh, I don't like voting. I don't like politics." That's fine. As long as he doesn't complain about anything to do with the government, it's his right not to vote. What irks me most is when people don't vote, then go on trashing the government. That, to me, is pure ignorance.

I interviewed someone recently, and he brought up a good point that I'm sure has been touched on by many. What difference would my vote make? It's honestly a tiny percentage like 0.-more zeros-9%. I didn't argue his point, but in my mind I did think of a small answer. I would vote to a) be allowed to complain about governmental issues in the future =P and b) do my part as a citizen no matter how small the number. It's a main attraction for democracy. Views and opinions anyone?

Ok.. You're vote won't make much of a difference.. but it's a group of voters like you that make the difference.. I mean. What if everyone thought "my vote doesn't make a difference.." than no one would vote.. and we'd end up with some strange form of a dictatorship.
Franny.
Franny.
October 29th, 2007 at 03:30am
Remarkable Rocket:

Ok.. You're vote won't make much of a difference.. but it's a group of voters like you that make the difference.. I mean. What if everyone thought "my vote doesn't make a difference.." than no one would vote.. and we'd end up with some strange form of a dictatorship.

Exactly.

But for the dictatorship, how would it be defined...In some ways, the current government has aspects of dictatorship involved. There's one leader of the country. There's the congress, but the leader has veto power [which has been exercised greatly]. There are other arguements and there's a book about it too [something to do with US being fascist]. I just think that the only way a government can stay democratic and not, say, fascist, depends on the people. Exercise your right as a citizen and vote; if you don't, don't complain and/or move away.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
October 29th, 2007 at 03:50am
Franny.:
Remarkable Rocket:

Exactly.

But for the dictatorship, how would it be defined...In some ways, the current government has aspects of dictatorship involved. There's one leader of the country. There's the congress, but the leader has veto power [which has been exercised greatly]. There are other arguements and there's a book about it too [something to do with US being fascist]. I just think that the only way a government can stay democratic and not, say, fascist, depends on the people. Exercise your right as a citizen and vote; if you don't, don't complain and/or move away.
I think that if people started thinking, Oh, my vote doesn't count, then we're going to wind up with a small group of people making decisions for the entire population, and that does scare me. I'm lucky enough to live in a country where my opinion is heard, and I can choose who I want to lead me and I'd rather not blow that off.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
October 30th, 2007 at 12:19am
I vote. It's fun. Especially when the candiate you vote for wins. Although I have only voted one time because there has only been one election since I registered. And none of the people I voted for won. Grr

I can't wait to vote for the presidental election. It will be my first one.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 30th, 2007 at 08:22pm
Meski:
Whoa... First, I'm a guy as it says Male.

omg I'm sorry Coolio I swear I knew that.
Franny.
Franny.
November 20th, 2007 at 04:42am
I saw the weirdest thing today...someone is actually ahead of Clinton in a poll!! Obama is leading 4% I think in the Iowa poll. I know, polls aren't all that accurate and whatnot, but I haven't seen something like this during this presidential race yet =P
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
November 20th, 2007 at 08:17pm
Franny.:
I saw the weirdest thing today...someone is actually ahead of Clinton in a poll!! Obama is leading 4% I think in the Iowa poll. I know, polls aren't all that accurate and whatnot, but I haven't seen something like this during this presidential race yet =P

I think people are starting to get over the gilded image she has been putting out. Iowa is just one state, but I can see Obama's popularity growing elsewhere. Hilary isn't even president yet and she is having problems.
Ten Years Gone
Idiot
Ten Years Gone
November 21st, 2007 at 10:43am
Hillary. Hillary all the way. Obama is really the ideal candidate, but he just don't have the experience
Register