US President elections 2008.

AuthorMessage
trisha_goes_rawr
Geek
trisha_goes_rawr
December 13th, 2007 at 11:02pm
i want hilary to win.

when bill clinton was in office, things were pretty good, because he was too busy having his affair with monica, so hilary ran the country then. she's real good.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 14th, 2007 at 03:09am
trisha_goes_rawr:
i want hilary to win.

when bill clinton was in office, things were pretty good, because he was too busy having his affair with monica, so hilary ran the country then. she's real good.
That's really a misconception, I think.

Hillary's campaigning with the slogan, thirtysomethings years of experiance, but if you look at her record, she's done nothing but confrom to public opinion. And I don't believe that she did anything in the ways of running the country while her husband was in office. I think she likes to portray it that way, to make it appear that she has presidential experiance, but in all honesty, I think she'd wind up being manipulated into doing whatever the people around her wanted. In my opinion, she's the last thing this country needs right now.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 14th, 2007 at 05:16pm
trisha_goes_rawr:
so hilary ran the country then. she's real good.

How did Hilary run the country? Specific examples please. File
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 15th, 2007 at 03:08am
Herr Doktor:
Shadow of a Doubt:
My mom was like, "As long as there is no Clinton or Bush in office, I'll be happy." She is republican, but I guess she is sick of Bush even if she likes him. I was thinking,"That would be so cool if Jeb Bush ran for president." OMGyes
Obviously no one agrees with me. Rolling Eyes
And have three Bushes in office?

Ain't that just a little bit of a weird thing? One family ruling a country for at least 16 years and at a maximum 20 years?

Hence why I'm not keen on Clinton's Missus.

Good point. I never thought of that.

Ok, never mind what I said before.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
December 15th, 2007 at 03:20am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Hillary's going after Obama's past, and bringing up the drugs he experimented with in high school. Petty and desperate, I think.

I thought that was a low blow. I don't like Obama or Hillary, but I don't think that was right of her. People make mistakes. He was young and stupid. People learn from their mistakes. When Bush was running for president, people brought up him being an alcoholic. I didn't think that was right either. What about the issues? Isn't that what it's suppose to be about?
The Doctor
Falling In Love With The Board
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 15th, 2007 at 11:38am
Shadow of a Doubt:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Hillary's going after Obama's past, and bringing up the drugs he experimented with in high school. Petty and desperate, I think.

I thought that was a low blow. I don't like Obama or Hillary, but I don't think that was right of her. People make mistakes. He was young and stupid. People learn from their mistakes. When Bush was running for president, people brought up him being an alcoholic. I didn't think that was right either. What about the issues? Isn't that what it's suppose to be about?
Scandal sells, apparently.

But seriously, dragging up every little misdemeanor that someone has is very low.
Franny.
Franny.
December 16th, 2007 at 04:47pm
Herr Doktor:
Shadow of a Doubt:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

Scandal sells, apparently.

But seriously, dragging up every little misdemeanor that someone has is very low.

But that's what happens when you run for president. Your past is dug up and anything that can harm your campaign can be used. This is actually a good sign because it shows how desperate Hillary is now. She's no longer enjoying the lead in every state and it worries her.

Scandals do sell. Giuliani is literally drowning in his own crap, which is actually drawing sympathy from me =P But I don't feel comfortable with Huckabee in the lead either. He's all for big government and bigger government spending. How is that supposed to help the US at this point in time?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 16th, 2007 at 05:08pm
Herr Doktor:

I agree with you, its extremely low and stupid, but I think in alot of ways it's kind of important. (I swear that isn't contradicting lmfao) I mean, when you think about it, sometimes politicians freak out over this stuff. Not so much in presidential elections, but on a more minor scale like local state elections. If someone couldn't cope with another candidate criticizing them, how on Earth could they handle an entire country scrutinizing their every move as president? I think it helps to show how they work under pressure, even though its a really childish tactic.

Did that make sense at all? Shifty
The Doctor
The Doctor

Mibba Blog
December 17th, 2007 at 04:57pm
Kurtni:
Herr Doktor:

I agree with you, its extremely low and stupid, but I think in alot of ways it's kind of important. (I swear that isn't contradicting lmfao) I mean, when you think about it, sometimes politicians freak out over this stuff. Not so much in presidential elections, but on a more minor scale like local state elections. If someone couldn't cope with another candidate criticizing them, how on Earth could they handle an entire country scrutinizing their every move as president? I think it helps to show how they work under pressure, even though its a really childish tactic.

Did that make sense at all? Shifty
It actually did make sense.

It was like what this guy I forget his name who said that he wouldn't go out with someone who couldn't make their mind up for what to have as a dessert as he couldn't trust them making big desicions if they married or whatever, like the name of the first born and the choice to keep him on a life support.

He said it funnier. What a guy.

Anyway, yes, it made sense.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 18th, 2007 at 04:11am
Franny.:
But that's what happens when you run for president. Your past is dug up and anything that can harm your campaign can be used. This is actually a good sign because it shows how desperate Hillary is now. She's no longer enjoying the lead in every state and it worries her.

Scandals do sell. Giuliani is literally drowning in his own crap, which is actually drawing sympathy from me =P But I don't feel comfortable with Huckabee in the lead either. He's all for big government and bigger government spending. How is that supposed to help the US at this point in time?
Poor Giuliani. In a way, he seems the most real to me, out of all the cantidates. I'm planning on voting for him, assuming Obama doesn't get onto the ballot.

I really do think though, that dragging up every little thing is ridiculous, because it overshadows the person's politics and their plans for the country. I think we should be focusing on who's best for the country, not who's got the squeakiest clean record.
Franny.
Franny.
December 18th, 2007 at 07:24am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Franny.:

Poor Giuliani. In a way, he seems the most real to me, out of all the cantidates. I'm planning on voting for him, assuming Obama doesn't get onto the ballot.

I really do think though, that dragging up every little thing is ridiculous, because it overshadows the person's politics and their plans for the country. I think we should be focusing on who's best for the country, not who's got the squeakiest clean record.

Giuliani has legitimate experience. He actually ran New York when 9/11 happened [if he were reading this, I'd be hearing a "thank you! someone agrees with me!" =P] whereas Hillary was probably off signing everything that had "War" on it. I really rather him than Huckabee.

When you're leading in polls, people start digging, it's just how it works. Digging either to try to bury you with your past or something positive to support your poll leading status [rare occasions]. No one really cared for Huckabee until recently, and now everything about him is being dug up [him releasing over a thousand criminals or something like that? 3 times as much as the closest competitors? Ridiculous.].

But of course, it's the news. They always have to report some sort of scandal or no one will watch [america is totally gossip country =P]. If the politics were more interesting [as opposed to everyone wanting to pull out and McCain wanting to stay in...], the dirty past wouldn't have to see the light of day. I'm urging for someone to change their platform completely and see how well that does. Like Edwards becoming a Republican. He'd get more votes in the early primaries if he were.

In additional news, Ron Paul raised $6.04 million yesterday, on the 234th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. He's raised $18 million in the fourth quarter, just amazing. I really hope he does well in the primaries.
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
December 18th, 2007 at 11:10am
I think we should all vote for Kurtni. Coffee
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 18th, 2007 at 08:19pm
east infection.:

I concur Coffee
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 18th, 2007 at 08:32pm
Kurtni FTW! Cassie

Lol. She will ensure a national return to traditional values such as vinatge music, cabaret bars, corsetery, garter belts, etc. And impose Dita as vice president. tehe
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
December 18th, 2007 at 08:40pm
Anji:
Kurtni FTW! Cassie

Lol. She will ensure a national return to traditional values such as vinatge music, cabaret bars, corsetery, garter belts, etc. And impose Dita as vice president. tehe

Meg you know me oh so well
MikesCoffeeCup
Geek
MikesCoffeeCup

Mibba
December 18th, 2007 at 09:14pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
I would never, ever vote for Hillary. My gut feeling is that she wouldn't accomplish much, and would probably wind up as a puppet for her husband and her cabinet.

I'm voting Obama. I think, if nothing else, he'll wind up sending aide to Darfur and at least attempt to get the UN to pay attention to the genocide going on there.

i agree.

i personaly dont think its time for a woman to take control of the country.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
December 18th, 2007 at 10:26pm
I personally think being a woman has nothing to do with it. Being that woman, on the other hand, does.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 19th, 2007 at 02:36am
Anji:
I personally think being a woman has nothing to do with it. Being that woman, on the other hand, does.
But what about relations with the Middle East? In their society, a woman's place is not in politics, by any means. We're so involved with them at the moment that we really can't afford to go and elect this woman, and expect them not to be offended and refuse to talk with her.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
December 19th, 2007 at 02:37am
Kurtni:
east infection.:

I concur Coffee
Five
Sylar
Sylar
December 19th, 2007 at 09:57am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
trisha_goes_rawr:
i want hilary to win.

That's really a misconception, I think.

Hillary's campaigning with the slogan, thirtysomethings years of experiance, but if you look at her record, she's done nothing but confrom to public opinion. And I don't believe that she did anything in the ways of running the country while her husband was in office. I think she likes to portray it that way, to make it appear that she has presidential experiance, but in all honesty, I think she'd wind up being manipulated into doing whatever the people around her wanted. In my opinion, she's the last thing this country needs right now.

I think that her 'conforming to public opinion' is her actually listening to what people want. Isn't this a good thing?
Besides, should she be elected, she'll have advisors in her ear 24/7 giving her the pros and cons of any decision she may be thinking of making.
Register