US President elections 2008.

AuthorMessage
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2008 at 05:23am
Jan. 15th for the Democrats in Vegas I believe.

Republicans have one this Thursday in South Carolina.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
January 7th, 2008 at 11:05am
NeoSteph:
I've studied politics and i still find it difficult to understand the american voting system of choosing the party leader. There is a major difference between prime minister and president. But it just seems less corruptable to choose the party not the leader because the voter is less likely to be swung by race or sex. It just seems odd to me.
It's true. The American voting system does seem a little...fickle. But then, what do I know, in Thailand, we vote for the leader who sends us the most money.

You know the interesting thing about Thai politics though? It's that candidates will switch parties willy nilly. Which ever on appears to be making the most money at the time, a bunch of leaders from other parties will switch to that one, which is totally unheard of in Western politics. It's annoying though cause we get like twenty parties to vote for here.

Vietnam also has a very interesting voting system where because it is communist, there is only one party, yet all Vietnamese people get so hyped up by the elections and voter turnout is almost always like in the 90% range. The very strange thing is that all the voters actually know that the election is pointless, they just like to vote I guess.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 7th, 2008 at 02:54pm
Meski:
I agree highly with this, he is still much too young to be a president.

I don't think age has anything to do with it Think He meets the legal requirements, I don't think age should count against him at all. If anything Obama has proven that age is no factor.

I love Obama Coolio
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 7th, 2008 at 07:42pm
Kurtni:
Meski:

I don't think age has anything to do with it Think He meets the legal requirements, I don't think age should count against him at all. If anything Obama has proven that age is no factor.

I love Obama Coolio

I don't think he is experienced enough in politics. Therefore, I think he is too young and we need a person that has been in politics for more than a couple of years.
King For A Couple Of Days

Blog
January 7th, 2008 at 09:56pm
Does anyone think that Hilary's "breakdown" was faked so that she would get more people to vote for her? Or is it just me?

NH primary tomorrow Cool
Franny.
Falling In Love With The Board
Franny.
January 7th, 2008 at 10:07pm
Shadow of a Doubt:
Kurtni:
Meski:

I love Obama Coolio

I don't think he is experienced enough in politics. Therefore, I think he is too young and we need a person that has been in politics for more than a couple of years.

He's been working in the Illinois State Senate for 8 years. He's no inexperienced, he's just not as experienced as the others. But that doesn't mean he doesn't know his stuff. I think he's so appealing right now because he's the face of change. All the other candidates [from both sides] are using the word, but he is, or perceived as, the actual model for change. He's experienced enough to know how to do his job and have resolutions to the most immediate issues, but not so that he's aged, worn, and torn by existing politics.

Update on New Hampshire Polls: Obama is whopping Clinton's ass [excuse my language but the numbers do range quite wide], and Edwards is just hanging on a little bit. McCain still has a lead over Romney but it's still quite close. Some polls have them within the margin of error about 4 points difference. Huckabee, like Edwards, is in a distant third place.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 7th, 2008 at 11:01pm
What happened to Giuliani?
Franny.
Franny.
January 8th, 2008 at 12:27am
Shadow of a Doubt:

Where he should be, not in top 3 =P He's expected to do well in Florida, but some say it may be too late. He's also expected to do well on February 5th, but once again, it'll be pretty late, especially with the independent voters. Oh well, I don't miss him. I don't believe in using fear to get elected, I think people call that...fascism?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 8th, 2008 at 02:32pm
Shadow of a Doubt:

Couple of years? Coolio Do your obama research. He pretty much pwned Illinois politics for quite some time.
Shadow of a Doubt:
I ate him Coffee
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
January 8th, 2008 at 02:42pm
Kurtni:
Shadow of a Doubt:
I ate him Coffee
You still have some stuck in your teeth. File
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 8th, 2008 at 02:44pm
fancy pants:
Kurtni:
Shadow of a Doubt:
I ate him Coffee
You still have some stuck in your teeth. File

Giuliani just seems to get stuck in the middle of everything Coolio
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
January 8th, 2008 at 03:34pm
Kurtni:
Giuliani just seems to get stuck in the middle of everything Coolio
Laughing

Blog
January 8th, 2008 at 03:58pm
"I'm sure a lot of you have tripped out on alcohol. . . . It's a lot safer to do it on marijuana." - Mike Gravel

lmfao I can't believe a guy who's running for president said that...
Franny.
Franny.
January 8th, 2008 at 06:56pm
.:
"I'm sure a lot of you have tripped out on alcohol. . . . It's a lot safer to do it on marijuana." - Mike Gravel

Doesn't matter for Gravel though. He could say anything and still no one would care. I still question, why is he still running?
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 8th, 2008 at 11:07pm
I'm happy Romney won NH. I was supporting Thompson, but he isn't go going anyway in the polls. Giuliani was my next choose, but things aren't looking good for him. McCain is not conservative enough and Huckabee and Ron Paul, just, "No." So, Romney is my next choice. I still don't know who I'm voting for but we are one of the last states to vote so I have a while to decide.

I haven't even really done my homework on each candidate. I guess I should before I make my decision.
Franny.
Franny.
January 9th, 2008 at 04:20am
Shadow of a Doubt:
I'm happy Romney won NH. I was supporting Thompson, but he isn't go going anyway in the polls. Giuliani was my next choose, but things aren't looking good for him. McCain is not conservative enough and Huckabee and Ron Paul, just, "No." So, Romney is my next choice. I still don't know who I'm voting for but we are one of the last states to vote so I have a while to decide.

I haven't even really done my homework on each candidate. I guess I should before I make my decision.

Not intending to offend, but you should do research on the primaries as well. Romney did not win NH, McCain did. And it would be good to research the candidates because you may change your mind about Romney [I like Romney though, don't know yet if he's my number one].

Here are the results for the New Hampshire Primaries:

Democrats:
Clinton 39%
Obama 36%
Edwards 17%
Richardson 5%
Kucinich 1%
Gravel 0%

Republicans:
McCain 37%
Romney 32%
Huckabee 11%
Giuliani 9%
Paul 8%
Thompson 1%
Hunter 0%

I expected McCain to win because NH sure does love McCain. But I really didn't think Clinton appealed to the people. I predicted Obama for the Democrats because he was riding the wave from Iowa and really seemed to surge in the polls.

Next stop, Michigan. Since it was moved up for both sides, they were penalized. But why is it that the Democrats took away all the delegates whereas the Republicans only cut it in half? The DNC sure is tough.

Blog
January 9th, 2008 at 05:47pm
Franny.:
.:

Doesn't matter for Gravel though. He could say anything and still no one would care. I still question, why is he still running?

Haha, true..

I was disappointed that Obama didn't win the primary here. Hilary seems too...I dunno. She seems really full of herself.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 9th, 2008 at 06:32pm
Franny.:
Shadow of a Doubt:

Not intending to offend, but you should do research on the primaries as well. Romney did not win NH, McCain did. And it would be good to research the candidates because you may change your mind about Romney [I like Romney though, don't know yet if he's my number one].

Here are the results for the New Hampshire Primaries:

Democrats:
Clinton 39%
Obama 36%
Edwards 17%
Richardson 5%
Kucinich 1%
Gravel 0%

Republicans:
McCain 37%
Romney 32%
Huckabee 11%
Giuliani 9%
Paul 8%
Thompson 1%
Hunter 0%

I expected McCain to win because NH sure does love McCain. But I really didn't think Clinton appealed to the people. I predicted Obama for the Democrats because he was riding the wave from Iowa and really seemed to surge in the polls.

Next stop, Michigan. Since it was moved up for both sides, they were penalized. But why is it that the Democrats took away all the delegates whereas the Republicans only cut it in half? The DNC sure is tough.

Yeah, what I meant to say was that I was happy he got second. I knew he didn't win. Also, yeah, I haven't done my search yet. And I know I need to. I will before I vote, I swear. I have pretty much just gone along with what my parents have been saying.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
January 9th, 2008 at 06:53pm
.:
Franny.:
.:

Haha, true..

I was disappointed that Obama didn't win the primary here. Hilary seems too...I dunno. She seems really full of herself.

I was disappointed too, but it's only one primary Coffee The West coast loves Obama, he'll pwn in other places.
asthenia.
asthenia.

Blog
January 9th, 2008 at 07:12pm
.:
Does anyone think that Hilary's "breakdown" was faked so that she would get more people to vote for her? Or is it just me?

YES. I've been wondering if anyone else would bring that up. If anyone watched the debate on Saturday, it was mentioned that Obama was much more "likable" than Hillary. She she seemed really pissed at that. I think the breakdown was just a ploy to make her seem more down-to-earth. I was actually surprised she won in NH. I didn't think people would think someone that sensitive could be a good President.
Register