Your earliest Green Day memories!

AuthorMessage
droid.
King For A Couple Of Days
droid.

Mibba
February 10th, 2008 at 02:18pm
I remember swimming in my backyard pool, listening to Good Riddance on the radio (but I didn't know it was Green Day then aha). I was like, 6.
This.Useless.Heart.
Idiot
This.Useless.Heart.
February 10th, 2008 at 08:35pm
In-I believe it was- 4th grade, my friend that got me into them taught me some words to "Minority" and our little group of misfits went around singing it, especially around preps and all the kids who hated us to bug them. It wasn't long after that that I got International Superhits and "Minority" became my favorite song.[and Green Day became my favorite band.]
Of course as life works out, now he's hangs around the popular crowd, we don't really speak, and he doesn't even listen to Green Day anymore.
So now I'm the more awesome one.
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 10th, 2008 at 08:44pm
I remember hearing Good Riddance when I was 7 years old. It was in Planet Hollywood in Orlando, Florida (we were on vacation). I don't know why they were playing music videos that night, as its more of a movie themed restaurant than music themed. Anywho, I remember just loving the song. It was the first song to ever make me get teary eyed. I didn't know who did it then, but it's been my favorite song ever since.
CurlyFries
Idiot
CurlyFries

Mibba
February 10th, 2008 at 11:01pm
This.Useless.Heart.:
In-I believe it was- 4th grade, my friend that got me into them taught me some words to "Minority" and our little group of misfits went around singing it, especially around preps and all the kids who hated us to bug them. It wasn't long after that that I got International Superhits and "Minority" became my favorite song.[and Green Day became my favorite band.]
Of course as life works out, now he's hangs around the popular crowd, we don't really speak, and he doesn't even listen to Green Day anymore.
So now I'm the more awesome one.

My friends from HS and I went to Barney's Coffee at the Mall in 10th grade and sang Minority really loud. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SHOP for everyone to hear. Laughing
Rocker Chic
Rocker Chic

Blog
February 11th, 2008 at 01:34pm
omg I just remembered a very early green day memory. i was flipping channels (I was probably 5 or 6) and I came across a Green Day special on Mtv or something, I can't remember exactly. Anyways, someone came on the screen saying "I remember walking in to find him lying on the bathroom floor naked," and my mom walked in and was like "What are you watching?!? Turn that off!" lol... if only I knew then that they were talking about the guy of my dreams...lol
Ashleytotherescue!
Idiot
Ashleytotherescue!

Mibba
February 11th, 2008 at 08:12pm
i grew up with "good riddance." as well as every one else who is my age.
The Collector
GSBitch
The Collector
February 29th, 2008 at 02:15am
i think i saw the Warning CD at the warehouse cos i used to go there all the time and i forgot about this band until i was 12 - i was 8 then
Christie_Road91
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Christie_Road91
March 3rd, 2008 at 06:03pm
the 1st time i heard them was when my dad played them for me when i was 10...strangley enough i didn't like it, but i was musically challenged back then.
dirnt_caffeine
Geek
dirnt_caffeine
March 4th, 2008 at 12:14pm
ive learned about green day thru my brother, that was more than 10 years ago..i was still in High school. the album is Dookie - it was their 3rd album
Sarah!
Geek
Sarah!
March 5th, 2008 at 03:07pm
Hearing BOBD on the radio when I was 11. Loved it but didn't look into it until I bought American Idiot because it came with a 2 for £10 sticker on it and I was buying a CD for mum with a 2 for £10 on it. As they say the rest is now history. Or words to that effect...
Green for a Day
Idiot
Green for a Day

Mibba
March 5th, 2008 at 03:14pm
I was in fifth grade, and during this time, I was obsessed with country music and wouldn't give any form of rock a chance because I thought it was all like that red neck metal crap my step dad listened to. However, I heard the lines "I'm having trouble trying to sleep/ I'm counting sheep but running out" at some point in my childhood (probably before 2002) and when I'd have a night of insomnia, I'd start counting sheep and try to run out. Not only did it work, but I was subconsciencely a Green Day fan. I didn't know who they were, but I knew I liked those lines.
Xanax
Geek
Xanax
March 5th, 2008 at 05:19pm
When I was 8, my aunties boyfriend used to baby sit me, and he had Kerplunk on tape... those were some good times. Later he had Dookie on CD, and he gave me a copy. I love him to this very day.
KiMBERLLLLLLLLLLY!
Idiot
KiMBERLLLLLLLLLLY!
March 19th, 2008 at 05:51pm
i remember when i was in 5th grade...
everybody would make fun of me saying
Green Day's gay and they suck, Linkin Park is better
but all i can really remember was kicking there ass!
lmao
Shane Childers
Idiot
Shane Childers

Blog
March 23rd, 2008 at 01:04pm
Christie_Road91:
the 1st time i heard them was when my dad played them for me when i was 10...strangley enough i didn't like it, but i was musically challenged back then.

hah, musically challenged! ll, i never was musically challenged i jsut never told people what i liked....
and i remember nothing, its been sucha long time and since im kinda dumb, haha i forget easily....but i do remember a later one where i just basically gave up on them due to their extream popularity in '04....then i got back to them yay!!! and the first disk i bought was in 03....but it was dookie an original with ernie still on it....yep surprisingly it never played..so i had to throw it out! im so ashamedof that action,.,..i just babbled there sorry kiddos
asthenia.
Falling In Love With The Board
asthenia.

Blog
March 23rd, 2008 at 04:37pm
It was about 5 or 6 years ago and my neighbor and I were talking about music and he said he liked Green Day. He had this huge black Green Day sweatshirt. But I don't think he likes them anymore. Neutral
I had no idea who they were at the time and didn't start to care until late '04/early '05.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
March 23rd, 2008 at 06:52pm
My mommy went to a Sweet Children/Green Day concert when I was in the womb. Fuckin' sweet. Image

lmfao no

Seriously though...I remember listening to Dookie with my sister on this huge boom box when I was younger.
jason white.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
jason white.

Mibba
March 25th, 2008 at 04:02pm
I remember listening to Dookie with my dad, and I always sang along, my mom didn't like it very much, cause they said bad words. Grr Naughty
Joel McHale.
Joel McHale.

Blog
March 30th, 2008 at 10:27pm
I was sitting in the the car, and Time of your Life came on.
Miabella
Geek
Miabella

Blog
April 17th, 2008 at 07:56am
*bad memory*
2 years ago, I was listening to the radio, and Holiday came on, and I could have sworn it was American Idiot...I was a little slow when I was 12. Or just not a huge fan.
Jimmy Sullivan
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Jimmy Sullivan

Mibba
April 19th, 2008 at 08:38pm
I was about 5-7 and I was sitting with my parents in the car, and Good Riddance came on, and, I'm not sure, I just fell in love with it. Then after a whlie, I heard When I Come Around, and that also helped.
Register