HP7 Film: Split in two.

AuthorMessage
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
January 14th, 2008 at 04:24pm
Thank God!
The final Harry Potter film is reported to be split in two
so they can fit absolutely everything that deserves to be filmed.
I'm quite happy about it. The book had so much, it needs this for the film.
Discuss?
Click for info

ps: I hope this deserved its own topic...
Misanthropist
Post Whore
Misanthropist
January 14th, 2008 at 05:46pm
That is marvelous because this way they will be able to fit in so much more and really take their time with the plot.
John Entwistle
Great Success!
John Entwistle
January 14th, 2008 at 06:09pm
That's great! I can't wait!
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
January 14th, 2008 at 06:33pm
Humm, that'll take a long time. Sounds interesting enough. Twice the twins. Although one of them will die. But none the less, that's cool.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
January 16th, 2008 at 01:32pm
omg I wanted this to happen OMGyes

yay... Coolio
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
January 16th, 2008 at 04:18pm
I was thinking: How many months would be inbetween the releases? And Where would they stop you know? Like where would they stop with the first one and start with the next?
Think Curious, curious.
folkin' around.
King For A Couple Of Days
folkin' around.
January 16th, 2008 at 07:28pm
That's interesting. I'd like to know too.
Of course they'll stop at a climax, money hungry bitchezz, ummm.
When I first read your post I thought maybe right before they get into Gringotts.
But I don't remember how far that is in the book...I'd have to check.
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
January 16th, 2008 at 07:53pm
It's over halfway through. I thought at first it might be right after Malfoy Manner you know? But then I was thinking right before the got into Gringotts too, but I think that's far too long in the book. But then again, they'll probably want the fight scene at the end to be extra long. [Crying or Very sad Fred] So like I dunno. Think
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
January 17th, 2008 at 02:57pm
I want to know who's going to be the director, hopefully Steven Spielberg omg o_o
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
January 17th, 2008 at 04:19pm
Meski:
I want to know who's going to be the director, hopefully Steven Spielberg omg o_o
omg o_o I'd have a Spielbergasm.
He's like one of my favorite directors of all time. He's fucking amazing when it comes to Sci-Fi and whatnot.
Though I do not think that he will be directing this one because it is my knowledge that he has been asked before to direct an HP movie and he turned it down.
But I dunno, could be wrong.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 17th, 2008 at 07:05pm
Well halfway through the book is where Ron saves Harry's life in the forest when they find the sword. But it would be madness to just stop it, like, mid-conversation Smile

But I reckon it could potentially be sometime in Shell Cottage or shortly after Voldemort steals Dumbledore's wand from this tomb. Malfoy Manor has just happened (big climax), Dobby just died (everyone cries, I will Sad) and it could serve as an introduction to the next film. Sort of intertwine Voldemort's plans with Harry's.

This it could all be like a massive cliffhanger or something from the movie's point of view:

Harry is planning to stop Voldemort having chosen Horcruxes over Hallows; Voldemort potentially has the Elder Wand; everything's building to a climax but you'd have to wait a few months to see the finalé.

Then the second part could start with them going off to Gringotts to get people back into it, and leave loads of time for the last few chapters Con
steph.
Banned
steph.

Blog
January 17th, 2008 at 07:30pm
wth i don't want to pay for two movie tickets and two dvds
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
January 17th, 2008 at 08:08pm
Jay Tee:
Well halfway through the book is where Ron saves Harry's life in the forest when they find the sword. But it would be madness to just stop it, like, mid-conversation Smile

But I reckon it could potentially be sometime in Shell Cottage or shortly after Voldemort steals Dumbledore's wand from this tomb. Malfoy Manor has just happened (big climax), Dobby just died (everyone cries, I will Sad) and it could serve as an introduction to the next film. Sort of intertwine Voldemort's plans with Harry's.

This it could all be like a massive cliffhanger or something from the movie's point of view:

Harry is planning to stop Voldemort having chosen Horcruxes over Hallows; Voldemort potentially has the Elder Wand; everything's building to a climax but you'd have to wait a few months to see the finalé.

Then the second part could start with them going off to Gringotts to get people back into it, and leave loads of time for the last few chapters Con
James, you're positivly brilliant. You need to go work for the Potter movie people. Honestly
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
January 17th, 2008 at 08:09pm
Freaky Styley:
That's what my friend said. But I reckon that they'll release it on dual disc. Meaning when it comes out on DVD that they'll both come out at the same time. Smile

But yes, paying for two movie tickets might be a bit of a bite.
Jay Tee
Had A Life Before GSB
Jay Tee

Mibba Blog
January 18th, 2008 at 09:54am
just_call_me_dookie:
Freaky Styley:
That's what my friend said. But I reckon that they'll release it on dual disc. Meaning when it comes out on DVD that they'll both come out at the same time. Smile

Since when did they care about the customers? They keep releasing box sets of the films whenever a new one comes out, meaning collectors have to buy a new box set every film, as well as the single DVD itself.

They'll release both films on single DVD and then together on double DVD shortly after the single release of HP7:II. They'll want to squeeze as much money out of this franchise as possible before it ends.

But come on, we'd probably only spend the extra money to see it again like 2 days after we first see it Wink splitting the money between two films won't be that bad considering.
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
January 18th, 2008 at 01:16pm
I'm planning on buying the collectors edition of all films Cassie
just_call_me_dookie
Addict
just_call_me_dookie

Mibba
January 18th, 2008 at 04:13pm
Jay Tee:
just_call_me_dookie:
Freaky Styley:

Since when did they care about the customers? They keep releasing box sets of the films whenever a new one comes out, meaning collectors have to buy a new box set every film, as well as the single DVD itself.

They'll release both films on single DVD and then together on double DVD shortly after the single release of HP7:II. They'll want to squeeze as much money out of this franchise as possible before it ends.

But come on, we'd probably only spend the extra money to see it again like 2 days after we first see it Wink splitting the money between two films won't be that bad considering.
Oh yes, I know. But I can wait until the box set for the film comes out. Smile
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
January 19th, 2008 at 01:21am
I think it should stop right before Lupin comes running into Shell Cottage. Meg

There was a bang on the front door. Everyone's heads turned towards it. Fleur came running out of the kitchen, looking frightened; Bill jumped to his feet, his wand pointing at the door.

RIGHT THEN! ..Cliffhanger. File
worn-out astronaut.
Had A Life Before GSB
worn-out astronaut.

Mibba Blog
January 19th, 2008 at 06:25am
vonny:
I think it should stop right before Lupin comes running into Shell Cottage. Meg

There was a bang on the front door. Everyone's heads turned towards it. Fleur came running out of the kitchen, looking frightened; Bill jumped to his feet, his wand pointing at the door.

RIGHT THEN! ..Cliffhanger. File
That would be immense! Ah

There shouldn't be a big pause between the two films. Think
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
January 19th, 2008 at 06:33am
mondo bongo.:
That would be immense! Ah

There shouldn't be a big pause between the two films. Think
I think that they'll shoot the whole film once and then release it in two parts Dno
Register