Discussion and Opinions of 21st Century Breakdown

AuthorMessage
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
May 28th, 2009 at 06:53am
Platypus!:
Invalid Subject Line:
I'm not sure if anyone touched on this, but does anyone else notice their song sound like they were inspired by some of their side projects...?

Also, Static Age is based off of the Misfit's Static Age..

I personally like American Idiot better than this album. I think it had better lyrics and a better story line. Granted this album does have some fuckin catchy songs like East Jesus Nowhere and Restless Heart Syndrome. Dance

I don't know if that made sense... I'm really baked. aaa aaa

You have a point which the side projects thing. East Jesus Nowere is very Foxboro Hot Tubs. Also, some people say that Christian's Inferno sounds like something from The Network. I need to listen to them (The Network) more.

I've said before about how much Christian's Inferno reminds me of The Network, but I'd never though about East Jesus Nowhere sounding like Foxboro Hot Tubs before - it fully does!
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
May 28th, 2009 at 02:33pm
One thing I'm not to sure about is Billie's use of the N word in American Eulogy (Mass Hysteria).

I was quite shocked when I heard that. Offencive language, no wonder WalMart were mad. XD
Toxic Narcotic
King For A Couple Of Days
Toxic Narcotic

Mibba
May 28th, 2009 at 05:03pm
Platypus!:
One thing I'm not to sure about is Billie's use of the N word in American Eulogy (Mass Hysteria).

I was quite shocked when I heard that. Offencive language, no wonder WalMart were mad. XD

bahaha Yeah
I actually think this album he trying to get more down to the roots of punk, and bands like the Dead Kennedys have used that word in some of their songs... Since it seems like Green Day got really influenced on their hiatus - going back underground (pinhead gunpowder, network, foxborro hottubs, ect...) So I'm not surprised.
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
May 29th, 2009 at 12:52pm
Invalid Subject Line:
Platypus!:

bahaha Yeah
I actually think this album he trying to get more down to the roots of punk, and bands like the Dead Kennedys have used that word in some of their songs... Since it seems like Green Day got really influenced on their hiatus - going back underground (pinhead gunpowder, network, foxborro hottubs, ect...) So I'm not surprised.

Ahh. You do have a good point there. *nods*
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2009 at 02:51pm
Platypus!:

It's not really his use though, is it?
It's a direct speech quotation.

Anyway. What do I think about 21st Century Breakdown?
I think it's kind of awesome.
I love it. Meg
I_Eat_Pancakes
Falling In Love With The Board
I_Eat_Pancakes
May 29th, 2009 at 04:17pm
I just realised Murder City is mentioned in "Transistors Gone Wild" - The Network
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 30th, 2009 at 01:42pm
I FINALLY GOT THE CD Very Happy Very Happy
WOOOOO
even though i already had the songs Razz

but i thought they were not selling it at wal mart?
maybe that's just in the states though cause i got mine there and its not censored
*whatserface*
Geek
*whatserface*

Blog
June 23rd, 2009 at 09:12pm
at first i was like 'oh no. i don't really like it...' Sad

but just like any record, you have to listen to it a few times to really get into it.
now i loooove it.

my favorites are:
21st Century Breakdown
Viva la Gloria
Before the Labotomy
Peacemaker
East Jesus Nowhere
Last of the American Girls
Murder City
Little Girl
21 Guns

amazing album.
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
June 24th, 2009 at 01:43pm
21 Guns video?
Opinions?
Other random thoughts?

I liked it. The fish tank was awesome. But Christian should've been hotter.
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
Geek
Orange_Mocha_Frappuchino
June 25th, 2009 at 02:15am
I really liked the 21 Guns video. Very Happy I think it had a good concept, and I like that they brought the album cover to life. Very Happy
And on a dorkier note, I really loved Gloria's knee-high socks.... because I wear knee-high socks a lot.....I felt special, knowing I dress like Gloria...... Laughing
dirnt_caffeine
Geek
dirnt_caffeine
June 25th, 2009 at 11:45pm
i so love this album...waited for a looong time to listen to another green day songs.
my faves are static age, 21 guns and 21st century breakdown.

as for the 21 Guns video...i like it!! the guy is so hot... Mike, Billy, and Tre are even hotter!!!!
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
June 26th, 2009 at 12:37am
Platypus!:
21 Guns video?
Opinions?
Other random thoughts?

I really enjoyed the 21 Guns video.

I loved the Jason White added a nice touch to the corner of my computer screen in the video as well OMGyes

I liked the way they portrayed the bullets going through the walls and having light shine through the bullet holes. The irony is lovely. If you guys notice, the lyrics to "See the Light" on written all over the walls so it adds a clever touch.

When I first listened to this album, and got familiar with the characters of Christian and Gloria, I pictured what they would look like. This video kind of shows it, to me at least. I pictured them to look that way.

LOVE <3
kmusic0788
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kmusic0788
June 26th, 2009 at 05:45am
its amazing! it has hints of old greenday,the newer american idiot greenday, and the brand new greenday...its like a gereenday shake mix all the albums together and mix and 21st century breakdown is what you get
padfoot
Jackass
padfoot

Blog
June 26th, 2009 at 12:33pm
Lizbaggery.:
Platypus!:
21 Guns video?
Opinions?
Other random thoughts?

I loved the Jason White added a nice touch to the corner of my computer screen in the video as well OMGyes

I liked the way they portrayed the bullets going through the walls and having light shine through the bullet holes. The irony is lovely. If you guys notice, the lyrics to "See the Light" on written all over the walls so it adds a clever touch.

When I first listened to this album, and got familiar with the characters of Christian and Gloria, I pictured what they would look like. This video kind of shows it, to me at least. I pictured them to look that way.

LOVE <3

That's what song it was. I wondered which song was written on the walls. I saw Billie's handwriting and was like 'Ooh OMGyes'
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
June 26th, 2009 at 01:26pm
Platypus!:
Lizbaggery.:
Platypus!:
21 Guns video?
Opinions?
Other random thoughts?

LOVE <3

That's what song it was. I wondered which song was written on the walls. I saw Billie's handwriting and was like 'Ooh OMGyes'
OMGyes
It's pretty awesome.
I wonder what video they'll make next.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
June 26th, 2009 at 01:27pm
I would LOVE to see Before the Lobotomy or American Eulogy adapted into a music video.
TheresNoReturnFrom86
Geek
TheresNoReturnFrom86
July 14th, 2009 at 08:29pm
honestly.....i like it but its not my favourite it doesnt come close and i wouldnt say american idiot is my favourite either i mean dont get me wrong their brilliant albums but i much prefer their older stuff...the older the better.
finksgirl
Geek
finksgirl

Mibba
July 16th, 2009 at 01:26am
I think it's amazing.
Better than I expected it to be (and I had some REALLY high hopes).
It's entered my top 3 favourite albums right behind Warning and Nimrod.
I think they blew AI out of the water with this one. I like that it doesn't have a linear storyline and the way it's set up with the 3 acts. It's like 3 mini-albums in one. I can listen to Charlatans and Saints front to back non-stop.

Billie's lyrics just seem to get better and better with time. Shake
TheresNoReturnFrom86
Geek
TheresNoReturnFrom86
July 22nd, 2009 at 03:12am
finksgirl:
Billie's lyrics just seem to get better and better with time. Shake

id argee with that Coffee
rollerpig
GSBitch
rollerpig
October 4th, 2009 at 02:02pm
what i don't is how stadium-rock it is/they've gotten. which is not to be confused with 90ies nostalgia.

otherwise the album is awwwesome.
Register