Foxboro Hot Tubs @ The Garage, Islington

AuthorMessage
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
November 4th, 2009 at 05:50am
I didn't go to Milton Keynes, I went to Hammersmith Apollo a few months before and I wasn't allowed to go all the way to Milton Keynes for a concert on my own. Pffft @ being 15.

Just seeing them live in any capacity is enough to blow you away to be honest. But I'm totally hanging out after Manchester. I need a Billie hug.

We weren't actually allowed to take pictures or video or there would have been hella loads more and I would have been able to get some in-focus shots, but to be honest, it was probably better because you weren't getting cameras shoved in your face the whole time because they said you'd get thrown out. I just took a couple of sneaky ones between people's shoulders and then towards the end of the set I headed back to the bar to get some water and stayed nearish the back for the last song and took a couple of pictures then cos I could see a guy video-ing, so if security came over and tried to chuck me out, I could just point them in his direction.

I kind of like having proof that I was there so I do try to take at least SOME photos. We didn't get a wristband - the people who showed up earlier got them and then went away, but they just started a queue when I got there so I was first in that queue but no wristband. Sad
Aliiiiii.
King For A Couple Of Days
Aliiiiii.
November 4th, 2009 at 06:52am
I went to MK with my friend, her sister and their Dad. It was awesome, but we were right back on the edge of the bowl.

So before last week, that was my only Green Day experience... last week was a million, billion times better (I KNOW I got eye contact, haha) but I definitely see the appeal of massive stadium gigs.

Even if only for bragging rights on their part.

I think it's cool you weren't allowed to take pictures or video or anything - while I'm more jealous than I can possibly explain, haha, I think that makes it a lot more fun for the people who were actually there.

I love how many people's entire year they make at every gig... with all the people they get on stage. Fun times Mr. Green

Ahhh. But you have the memory of BJ backwash and that must be better than any wristband!

I'll hang around after Manchester too Very Happy
madddie
Banned
madddie
November 4th, 2009 at 01:50pm
I'm so excited about next june
I only got tickets for the London gig
But im going to try and get some for Manchester nearer the time

i just dont have the money right now

but i WILL go to both! Smile
Register