Anyone play the piano?

AuthorMessage
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
October 5th, 2006 at 02:55am
Piano is the best instrument for a new musician. You can learn it as a side to practically any string instrument. I played for about four years, and then I had to stop for a whole year (it was hell) and I recently started again. I'm following the Alfred's Basic Library right now. I'm on Level 3. But the new teacher thinks that after a while, I should switch to the Lily Fowler series or something like that. I love piano with all my little heart! I'm the one who begged my mom to get me lessons. See, in third grade, they used to teach us like, little songs on the school keyboards and I used to listen to my best friend play. She already took lessons and it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever heard. And the first time she played the intro to Fur Elise (we were in fifth grade), i made up my mind and begged my mom. I used to play like, air piano. And make little key playing motions on my palm. I love it.
Franny.
Franny.
October 5th, 2006 at 07:46pm
lyrical_gaah52:
Piano is the best instrument for a new musician. You can learn it as a side to practically any string instrument.

so true. i'm really glad i learned piano first because it made guitar and flute a lot easier to pick up. and then i could play any instrument from then on (if i wanted to haha). i suggest guitarists to learn some piano because being able to read music is really important and piano trains sight reading.
miss world
Jackass
miss world
October 5th, 2006 at 09:40pm
I really wish I stuck with the piano. I started to learn it when I was in second or third grade or something, but them I stopped for some reason. I love the piano though. and since I've really gotten into Fiona Apple and her music, it inspires me more to want to learn.
Wunny Bacon?!?
Jackass
Wunny Bacon?!?

Mibba
October 7th, 2006 at 09:01am
I took lessons when I was seven for aboot a year, and I think I was almost to level three. I got a keyboard for my birthday aboot two months before I quit because I hated it. Then last year one of my best friends told me that he played piano, and I told him that I used to. He said I should pick it back up. So I found my old keyboard and then it all came back to me.

I mainly play by ear, but only for melodies. I usually make up my own harmonies, but if I want to be perfect, I look up the real thing. I'm terrible at sight reading, though, but my choir teacher says that our entire choir should get better at it.
11th Street Kid
King For A Couple Of Days
11th Street Kid
October 7th, 2006 at 10:41am
Took lessons when I was 6 and stopped when I was 12. My favourite song to play at the moment is November Rain or Estranged by Guns N' Roses.
Mechanical_Chick'05
Geek
Mechanical_Chick'05
October 7th, 2006 at 11:35am
I've been playing the piano for nine years.
Deadboy
Geek
Deadboy

Mibba Blog
November 27th, 2006 at 12:05am
i know This Old Man and thats it. X)
lyrical_mess
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
November 27th, 2006 at 07:45am
Ooh, the other day, i figured out the intro to My Immortal.

C#, E, A, E, B, E, A, E.

However, if you listen to the song, sometimes it sounds like the C# in the next octave where the B should be. So yeah. If anyone has the sheet music, can you post it?
Janie Jones
Janie Jones
November 27th, 2006 at 08:00pm
Been playing since I was 6 or 7, so that makes it..8 or 9 years.
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
December 5th, 2006 at 04:14pm
Been playing piano since I was a youngling around 4. I needed a little keyboard because my fingers were too small. Haha.

As a few years went by and my fingers were bigger, my parents bought me a baby Grand Piano. I fell in love with it. I've been playing ever since.

I am partial to more modern songs than classics, but I still love em. <3
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
December 5th, 2006 at 06:43pm
I love playing the piano, I stopped doing lessons a while ago, and I'd done my grade one, and stopped doing grades. But I'm about grade 3 or 4 standard, so it's cool.

Yeaah.
wish_i_was_adie
Jackass
wish_i_was_adie

Mibba
December 5th, 2006 at 11:49pm
I took lessons for less than a year whe I was 10. My teacher spent all her time on the other students (they were lessons through school with other students) so I quit. I taught myself after that and have been playing ever since.
Register