[Insert abortion here]

AuthorMessage
cemetery_gates
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
cemetery_gates
August 17th, 2005 at 08:39am
my thoughts on abortion? no uterus, no opinion. men who have no idea, and who can't even begin to understand what women go through when they become pregnant, shouldn't oppose it. nobody should judge until it's happened to them: every situation is different, and every women goes through a huge amount of personal stress before/after deciding to get an abortion. and anyone who assumes that all women who get abortions are sluts or hoares doesn't deserve a voice.

abortion is a personal issue, and not something that people can ever all agree on, because personal beliefs always come into it. But no one should judge those who do get abortions or fall pregnant. if you don't understand the situation, don't assume you do, because you just come off sounding like a idiot.
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
August 17th, 2005 at 11:23am
cemetery_gates:
my thoughts on abortion? no uterus, no opinion. men who have no idea, and who can't even begin to understand what women go through when they become pregnant, shouldn't oppose it.

I think men can have an opinion on abortion just as easily as women can. You and I both have opinions on it and I know neither of us have been pregnant.
Ninja_of_Suburbia
Geek
Ninja_of_Suburbia
August 17th, 2005 at 12:05pm
hmm a difficult one here.

I don't judge anyone who has had an abortion. They have had a bad enough time without people calling them murders. A lot of times its parents who force young mothers to get rid of their baby. People who think that the first couple of weeks is a little person are idiots. Its a bunch of cells called a zygote for the first month or so. Only every sperm is sacred anti masterbabtion catholics believe that! What is worse? An abortion or a child brought into a world where it might not be loved or even worse abused. Dont get me wrong I dont think its always the answer. If you dont want it I think you owe your child the chance to go to parents who will. The waiting lists to adopt a child are huge! So many parents are desperate for a child to love. More people should consider this option in my opinion. As for rape I once read something in philiosophy book which was quite apt:
"As the father had no rights to the mothers body neither does the child"

Sorry guys but I really dont think you shouldnt get to influence important decision about abortion laws. You can have an opinion on the issues but I dont think you should influence laws. My RE teacher used to preach on and on about how wrong it was and I used to think he was such a hypocrite because hel never be in that position so who is he to judge!
Like cemetery_gates says every situtation is different dont judge girls as whores!
TheFaggot
King For A Couple Of Days
TheFaggot
August 17th, 2005 at 05:25pm
Is it just me, or is 97 & of the people that says abortion is WRONG....

Men?
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
August 17th, 2005 at 05:47pm
It's NOT wrong! everyone should have a choice!
FUCK GSB
Banned
FUCK GSB
August 19th, 2005 at 07:19pm
cemetery_gates:
my thoughts on abortion? no uterus, no opinion. men who have no idea, and who can't even begin to understand what women go through when they become pregnant, shouldn't oppose it.

so men can't.....cause they can't get pregnant? that doesn't really make sense.....sure the woman goes through pain and stuff......but think about this...if the guy wants any say in what happens to the kid...thenthe two people that had sex were probably doing it willingly.....with that....they are both taking the chance of her getting pregnant.....if she doesn't want to have the baby.....then she shouldn't be having sex......so it shouldn't really matter what either of them say in that case and she should have to have the baby. this would be different if she were raped or something and should be 100% her choice then.....also if there was a known defect....not talking about 11 fingers or something.....but if you know the kid is gonna be retarded....or have some disease....then i'd say it should be both the man and womans choice...she can't get pregnant without him......so the baby inside her is his just as much as it is hers....and he should have a say in what happens to it.
*unwanted*
Jackass
*unwanted*
August 19th, 2005 at 09:16pm
_lit up:
cemetery_gates:

I think men can have an opinion on abortion just as easily as women can. You and I both have opinions on it and I know neither of us have been pregnant.

I do agree with cemetery_gates.. men don't give birth to the child, if the woman decide to get the child eventhough she doesn't want to and then he runs away after a few years, she's stuck..
ok, the man has the right to say what he wants and view his opnion, but when it comes to the decission.. it's all hers!
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
August 19th, 2005 at 11:06pm
*unwanted*:
_lit up:
cemetery_gates:

I do agree with cemetery_gates.. men don't give birth to the child, if the woman decide to get the child eventhough she doesn't want to and then he runs away after a few years, she's stuck..
ok, the man has the right to say what he wants and view his opnion, but when it comes to the decission.. it's all hers!

Oh I think the woman has the right to the final decision but I was just saying it's unfair to totally disregard mens opinion on the whole issue.
i.am.hawt.
Geek
i.am.hawt.
August 21st, 2005 at 11:57pm
i don't argee with most abortion cases. i look at it as a murder. i think that it would be fine if there was a child that was detirmed to die or have some serious livelong illness and the child coulnd't be given the proper care for the illness. and for rape victims i think its ok. they most likely don't something to remind them of a time like that and having that person's child would torture them everyday. with teenage mothers, i think they should not be given abortions. they knew what they were doing and they should deal with what they did. also with people who want an abortion because the child is the wrong gender. thats cruel, heartless, and wrong. you should love the child no matter what, you shouldn't kill the child for you personal wants. so thats what i think.
The Rev
Addict
The Rev
August 22nd, 2005 at 06:29am
im against it 100%, i think its downright wrong
Poison Fish
Idiot
Poison Fish
August 22nd, 2005 at 04:46am
caught*fire*in*your*eyes:
i don't argee with most abortion cases. i look at it as a murder. i think that it would be fine if there was a child that was detirmed to die or have some serious livelong illness and the child coulnd't be given the proper care for the illness. and for rape victims i think its ok. they most likely don't something to remind them of a time like that and having that person's child would torture them everyday. with teenage mothers, i think they should not be given abortions. they knew what they were doing and they should deal with what they did. also with people who want an abortion because the child is the wrong gender. thats cruel, heartless, and wrong. you should love the child no matter what, you shouldn't kill the child for you personal wants. so thats what i think.

now that is a situation in which i would say abortion is completely and totally wrong! if the child is the wrong gender. BUT, if its big enough to tell what gender it is, wouldnt it be too big to abort? i could be wrong, but i dunno.
cemetery_gates
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
cemetery_gates
August 22nd, 2005 at 05:47am
*unwanted*:
_lit up:
cemetery_gates:

thanku, thats kinda what i was trying to say... i think my point was kinda missed for some people. course men are allowed an opinion, but abortion is a personal choice, so anyone who isnt in the situation, shouldn't judge others who are.
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
August 22nd, 2005 at 06:18pm
If you've been raped, then I think abortion is good, like caught*fire*in*your*eyes said. I personally don't think abortion is wrong, because if you seriously don't want a child, and you end up pregnant then its better than being depressed all your life.
banquo
Geek
banquo

Mibba
November 2nd, 2005 at 11:21pm
Abortion sucks.If you cant kill a three year old for no reason, you shouldnt murder unborn children, either. Its wrong. The way i see it, dont get pregnant.SAFE SEX!!!if you do anyway, put it up for adoption. Its not fair. If abortion clinics can kill children, i want to know why people go to prison for killing children.I can see if you were raped or having a baby would kill you it might be ok.But if your the idiot who went and got pregnant, deal with it!
robotchicken.
Falling In Love With The Board
robotchicken.

Mibba
November 2nd, 2005 at 11:47pm
I dont really believe in the whole killing babies thing. Its wrong. I mean sure they're not really human when there in teh tummy but they're still like a human in process.
About the rape thing, i dont know in that area. I mean how can someone make that choice, i know i couldnt really. Something really bad happened to you and now you have baby. Should you kill it? Have it and raise it? Have it and give it up for adoption? I dunno.
Faith
Addict
Faith
November 3rd, 2005 at 07:11pm
Okay, I admit I haven't read all the 17 pages of this, but I read the 1st page and everyone seemed to be against. But I don't know, I'll just express my opinion and leave. All this has probably been said many times before in the pages that I didn't read.

I am completely and totally for abortion. First off, it saves women, because in many cases abortion is not what the woman decided because she doesn't want the kid - it's what needs to be done to save her life. If abortion becomes illegal, many women will die for nothing. If you're saying abortion kills the child - in case of a medical condition, inability to perform abortion will kill both the kid and the mother. I don't think that's humane, or even makes any sense.
In case abortion is simply a torn condom, slipped diaphragm or some other kind of fucked up mistake...you're saying if the woman made a mistake of getting pregnant, then she should deal with it...Well, I think it's absolutely rediculous that people scream about the horrors or abortion, while that would just create more children that parents will leave. It seems anti-abortion people want to create more poor and hungry instead of taking this enegry they have and take care of the poor and hungry we already have. Once again, I see no sense in that.

I don't believe in religion, therefore religios arguments will only arouse a "whatever" reaction. As for killing someone genius before they were even born - that's bullshit. If this genius was meant to be born, they will be born against all odds. God knows what They're doing.

If my mother didn't have an abortion with her first conception, than I wouldn't exist. Which, some might think, would be a good thing. But, oh well.
If you're just saying abortion is immoral, I don't find that proof of anything. If abortion ever becomes illigal that will be the stupidest thing; but either way we will all stick to our opinions.
trashpickerthesquirrel
Idiot
trashpickerthesquirrel
November 4th, 2005 at 03:30am
i dont think that people should be able to tell you whether or not you can get an abortion. if you cant take care of the child for any reason you should be able to get an abortion.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
November 4th, 2005 at 10:45am
trashpickerthesquirrel:
i dont think that people should be able to tell you whether or not you can get an abortion. if you cant take care of the child for any reason you should be able to get an abortion.

I spent some time in care because my mum couldnt look after me and my sisters should she have had an abortion and killed me and my sisters? And also my son who is now 6 when i was pregnant the doctors told me that he wouldnt be able to look after himself and that basically he would need somebody to look after him 24/7 and they offered me an abortion but he is now 6 and he can run, walk, talk, eat on his own in fact he can do ANYTHING that he wants to, all he has is ADHD which is controlled really well with his current medication. I look at him every day and i cant understand why people could do it, because trustme doctors make mistakes.
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
November 4th, 2005 at 11:22am
Faith:
Okay, I admit I haven't read all the 17 pages of this, but I read the 1st page and everyone seemed to be against. But I don't know, I'll just express my opinion and leave. All this has probably been said many times before in the pages that I didn't read.

I am completely and totally for abortion. First off, it saves women, because in many cases abortion is not what the woman decided because she doesn't want the kid - it's what needs to be done to save her life. If abortion becomes illegal, many women will die for nothing. If you're saying abortion kills the child - in case of a medical condition, inability to perform abortion will kill both the kid and the mother. I don't think that's humane, or even makes any sense.
In case abortion is simply a torn condom, slipped diaphragm or some other kind of fucked up mistake...you're saying if the woman made a mistake of getting pregnant, then she should deal with it...Well, I think it's absolutely rediculous that people scream about the horrors or abortion, while that would just create more children that parents will leave. It seems anti-abortion people want to create more poor and hungry instead of taking this enegry they have and take care of the poor and hungry we already have. Once again, I see no sense in that.

I don't believe in religion, therefore religios arguments will only arouse a "whatever" reaction. As for killing someone genius before they were even born - that's bullshit. If this genius was meant to be born, they will be born against all odds. God knows what They're doing.

If my mother didn't have an abortion with her first conception, than I wouldn't exist. Which, some might think, would be a good thing. But, oh well.
If you're just saying abortion is immoral, I don't find that proof of anything. If abortion ever becomes illigal that will be the stupidest thing; but either way we will all stick to our opinions.
I second that.
Except for the genius-part, maybe that was a bit exaggerated.
Mikelvr
Mikelvr
November 4th, 2005 at 04:00pm
Faith:

Your speech is what I exactly wanted to say. Neutral
Register