[Insert abortion here]

AuthorMessage
Peter Petrelli
King For A Couple Of Days
Peter Petrelli
May 27th, 2005 at 02:07pm
it's not something you can have and just forget about, the mental repercussions are worse

I have a friend who was adopted and the scary part is her mom was almost going to have an abortion. She showed me the abortion paper half filled out. So in extreme extreme cases yes i do believe but if your like 15 or whatever age than i think there shouldn't been an abortion.
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
I ARE TRISH.HEAR ME ROAR!
May 27th, 2005 at 07:47pm
abortions are stupid. its killing a beating heart. just have the kid and give it to an adopiton agency.
Asparagus
Idiot
Asparagus
May 28th, 2005 at 12:42am
If they can't handle a baby then they should have sex in the first place or wear protection. But if you think that you really need an abortion, I believe you should be able to have one. But you shouldn't be able to abuse the system because that is not moral and/or right.

For example, if you were raped, you definitely should be able to have an abortion. 1. You didn't want to have sex in the first place. 2. You most likely can't handle the baby of which someone is technically forcing you to have.
Astra Slappy
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 02:16am
hitchinalife:
what it all comes down to -- morals.
Your thoughts on abortion are what I want to hear, and I dont want to see any posts that just say, 'Im for it' or 'Im against it'
I want to know why. I want to know if you've protested abortion, if you've attended pro-abortion rallys, anything relevant.
You may be wondering my stance on abortion, if that is the case,
then maybe ill write my speech later...

Personally, I don't think I could ever have an abortion, but I am "pro-choice", I believe it should be an option available for every woman. In cases of rape, certainly, as well as child molestation for a girl who's say 11 or 12 and becomes pregnant. I do know people who have had abortions and some have regretted it, some have not. I really believe it's down to the individual conscience/ethics/situation of the woman. And while I do agree that contraception should be used to prevent pregnancy, it's not always fail-safe. And there's the morning-after pill, of course. Yeah, so that's my opinion. I'm lucky I live in a country where the right of women to have abortions has not been as controversial as it is in the States. It does annoy me though when people use abortion as a means of birth control.
basketcase17
basketcase17
May 28th, 2005 at 07:49am
I support right to life. But not for the feutus. That is NOT where life begins. I believe life begins at the sperm. And living in the modern world, i think we all know millions of sperm are being slaughtred everyday!!!!
The right to life movement have had it all wrong. They have been trying to defend the rights of the unborn. BUT THEY ARE WRONG, life begins with the sperm. The sperm is the very bulding block of life. Without the sperm there can be no feutus. The feutus is only the middle man, not the kickoff point.
Yes, the egg is life and also importent. But the sperm determines the gender, givng it one more job than the egg. The egg sits therem waiting for a sperm. Wheras the 200 million sperm at ejacualtion, have to (in essence) be shot out a cannon, and swim for survival. Its like swimming from chicago to detriot.
The sperm contains all the genetic information it contains all the information for that sperm to stay alive, and It is like the microchip of life. The feutus, yes is life. But the sperm starts its.
So if some people think abortion is wrong, i respect that. But if you are fighting for the right to life, i think they are comming at it from the completly wrong angle. Surley then, masturbation is waste of life. Everytime, someone has had a wank, all those little sperm die, they could of been the next Einstien's....
Why not save the sperm.....

Btw i am not anti masturbation, and i am not decided about the abortion issue.
basketcase17
basketcase17
May 28th, 2005 at 07:54am
oh, i froze the thread, damn my feeble points!!
Astra Slappy
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 07:58am
basketcase17:
I support right to life. But not for the feutus. That is NOT where life begins. I believe life begins at the sperm. And living in the modern world, i think we all know millions of sperm are being slaughtred everyday!!!!
The right to life movement have had it all wrong. They have been trying to defend the rights of the unborn. BUT THEY ARE WRONG, life begins with the sperm. The sperm is the very bulding block of life. Without the sperm there can be no feutus. The feutus is only the middle man, not the kickoff point.
Yes, the egg is life and also importent. But the sperm determines the gender, givng it one more job than the egg. The egg sits therem waiting for a sperm. Wheras the 200 million sperm at ejacualtion, have to (in essence) be shot out a cannon, and swim for survival. Its like swimming from chicago to detriot.
The sperm contains all the genetic information it contains all the information for that sperm to stay alive, and It is like the microchip of life. The feutus, yes is life. But the sperm starts its.
So if some people think abortion is wrong, i respect that. But if you are fighting for the right to life, i think they are comming at it from the completly wrong angle. Surley then, masturbation is waste of life. Everytime, someone has had a wank, all those little sperm die, they could of been the next Einstien's....

Have you heard the Monty Python song "Every Sperm is Sacred"? It's kind of what you've described.

Every Sperm is Sacred
Every Sperm is Good
Every Sperm is Needed
In your neighbourhood
Every Sperm is Sacred
Every Sperm is Great
If a Sperm is wasted
God gets quite Irate ... etc
basketcase17
basketcase17
May 28th, 2005 at 08:03am
Astra Slappy:
basketcase17:

Have you heard the Monty Python song "Every Sperm is Sacred"? It's kind of what you've described.

Every Sperm is Sacred
Every Sperm is Good
Every Sperm is Needed
In your neighbourhood
Every Sperm is Sacred
Every Sperm is Great
If a Sperm is wasted
no, but i do watch monty python ocasionally....
Astra Slappy
Astra Slappy
May 28th, 2005 at 08:05am
basketcase17:
Astra Slappy:
basketcase17:

Every Sperm is Sacred
Every Sperm is Good
Every Sperm is Needed
In your neighbourhood
Every Sperm is Sacred
Every Sperm is Great
If a Sperm is wasted

It's from their movie The Meaning of Life ... it's about Catholics who don't use birth control and the couple have about 300 kids, then they run out of money and have to sell them to medical science. Hilarious.
basketcase17
basketcase17
May 28th, 2005 at 08:10am
Astra Slappy:
basketcase17:
Astra Slappy:
basketcase17:

Every Sperm is Sacred
Every Sperm is Good
Every Sperm is Needed
In your neighbourhood
Every Sperm is Sacred
Every Sperm is Great
If a Sperm is wasted

It's from their movie The Meaning of Life ... it's about Catholics who don't use birth control and the couple have about 300 kids, then they run out of money and have to sell them to medical science. Hilarious.
LMAO, that sounds great, i must research it some time..
Sweet Taboo.
Sweet Taboo.
May 28th, 2005 at 12:49pm
I'm against abortion unless it was rape. No child should be brought into the world as the result of an accident. It's inhuman.

Anyone stupid enough to have sex without contraception and get pregnant by mistake deserves to go through the pain of labour and sacrifices needed to give the child a good life.
eberneezer_egghead
Falling In Love With The Board
eberneezer_egghead
June 1st, 2005 at 07:00am
John, your avatar is cool.
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
June 1st, 2005 at 07:21am
I'm for it.

People are saying if they don't want the baby the parents should just give it up for adoption. But if I got pregnant (unexpectedly) I would not want to have something growing inside of me for 9 months, with all the pain and complications, let alone actually give birth (pain and more pain) to a child just to give it away. I'm not saying that people shouldn't use contraception and if they get pregnant just get an abortion. However if it is an unexpected pregnancy I think it's their choice.
_lit up
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
_lit up
June 1st, 2005 at 07:25am
Grëêñ Dåÿ Mïñx:
I'm against abortion unless it was rape. No child should be brought into the world as the result of an accident. It's inhuman.

Anyone stupid enough to have sex without contraception and get pregnant by mistake deserves to go through the pain of labour and sacrifices needed to give the child a good life.

If someone had sex without contraception and wasn't trying to get pregnant but did, wouldn't that still count as an accident? and by your terms that would mean it would be 'inhuman' and they should get an abortion Confused
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
June 1st, 2005 at 07:26am
I think that the only case in which it is acceptable is rape other than that it is their own fault for getting themselves in to that situation and i think they are selfish if the child willl not have all the priviladges a child should have beacause they were not prepared for a child, but i think they should give the chid a chance to live just because they were not responsible they shouldnt take it out on the child
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
June 1st, 2005 at 08:53am
I think abortion shouldn't be used as an alternative to contraception but in some extreme cases eg. rape where it is completely nessisary. I could never have an abortion if i got pregnant though, whatever the circumstances.
GreenDayIsBetter
Idiot
GreenDayIsBetter
June 1st, 2005 at 09:48am
I simply think it should be legal. I'm not going to use the same excuse as everyone else tends to (rape) although that would be an extreme case where I absolutely think abortion should be an option. But I think it should be legal anyway. It's preferred that it's done early in the pregnancy as opposed to late in the second trimester though. I think if you want it you should get it right away when you find out about the pregnancy. Then it's the issue of when life begins. I don't think it really begins until you're out of the womb, although I'd never - even if it were legal - get an abortion in the third trimester.
dysLEXIa
dysLEXIa
June 1st, 2005 at 11:02am
See, I am against it when it is just like, "OOh! Let's have sex, not use a condom, and like totally get rid of the baby if there is one! Yay!" With some, that's what happenes every week for some chicks. But when it's rape and stuff, I am for it. So, In my opinion, They shouldn't legalize or make it illegal to have an abortion.
amytenta911
Geek
amytenta911
June 1st, 2005 at 11:24am
abortion is murder of a poor undefensless child that doesnt get to live. very sad and it is a sin.
Register