[Insert abortion here]

AuthorMessage
suzie_k
Falling In Love With The Board
suzie_k
May 20th, 2008 at 04:19pm
I believe in the right to choose.
In Ireland we haven't got that option.
As abortion in Ireland is still illegal.
There was a vote on it about 8 or 9 years ago and it was rejected.
So we are still in that place where people go abroad for an abortion.
There was a case recently of a girl who was in care and was pregnant.
Her child was going to be born with a deformity which ment it would die within the first few hours of life.
She had to go to the high cours to go for an abortion coz she was in care.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
May 20th, 2008 at 11:01pm
Bloodraine:
Doesn't it get a heartbeat pretty early?
10 weeks or something, which is easily within the abortion limit in most countries, and especially in Britain.
Around the 5th week of development it has a heartbeat. You just can't hear it yet.
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
May 21st, 2008 at 06:30pm
Billie's Willie:
Bloodraine:
Doesn't it get a heartbeat pretty early?
10 weeks or something, which is easily within the abortion limit in most countries, and especially in Britain.
Around the 5th week of development it has a heartbeat. You just can't hear it yet.
The trimesters are divided by month, correct?

Three months is the first trimester, six months is the second, and nine months is the third trimester, correct?
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2008 at 10:30pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

Three months is the first trimester, six months is the second, and nine months is the third trimester, correct?
The book I have goes by weeks. Coolio

The first trimester is from conception to 12 weeks, the second trimester is from the 13th week to the 28th week, and the third trimester is from the 28th week until the baby's born.
vonny
Admin
vonny

Mibba Blog
May 22nd, 2008 at 04:05am
Billie's Willie:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:

The book I have goes by weeks. Coolio

The first trimester is from conception to 12 weeks, the second trimester is from the 13th week to the 28th week, and the third trimester is from the 28th week until the baby's born.

That's the same as the months. 4 weeks to a month.

So yeah, First three months is equal to 12 weeks and so on..
Rebel!
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Rebel!
August 19th, 2008 at 02:02pm
Abortion is bad all babies are babies and they all are alive so itd not fair that their killed. Sad
Ol' Blue Eyes.
King For A Couple Of Days
Ol' Blue Eyes.

Mibba
August 21st, 2008 at 10:58pm
Rebel!:
Abortion is bad all babies are babies and they all are alive so itd not fair that their killed. Sad
Babies are not babies until they are born. Until then, the correct term is fetus and whether or not they are alive is a matter of personal opinion, and how one defines "alive".
WhoTheFuckIsCool?
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WhoTheFuckIsCool?
August 27th, 2008 at 05:16am
I have a mixed opinion on this,
Tbh Im not really 'for' or 'against' it. I think it totally depends on the person thats having the abortion and their situation. For example, I think it's totally understandable and exceptable that a person would have an abortion, if they were raped, or young (etc). But I do think it's really wrong when people, especailly people that are old enough to know what they're doing, get pregant several times, and just keep having abortions, just because they 'can't be botherd' with contraception.
Flying the Coup
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Flying the Coup
August 29th, 2008 at 02:03pm
I dont particularly agree with abortion. I think that there are circumstances that happen in this world and those need to looked at on a individual basis. What makes me fearful and i am often scoffed at when i say this is that i dont think that abortion should become a substitute for birth control or laziness.

I think as when you are old to decide you are ready to have sex, you are old enough to take responsibility for you actions.
CanYouFeelIt
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
CanYouFeelIt
February 11th, 2009 at 07:39pm
Just like as if:
I'm for it. I accept it in all cases. There is enough orphans out there. I think it's better that you don't have the child at all, than to give it away or abandon it. There's no memory in the womb, so if it all is taken away, I think it's better than to remember the pain of being alone,and rejected and not knowing where you come from.

i agree. why do people want to put a mother and a child through a painful life?
sometimes the mother cannot afford the hospital in which the baby is born. there might be complications in the pregnancy that could kill the baby anyway and possibly the mother. in that case TWO lives would be taken. if people oppose abortions, then don't get one. in rape cases, the rapist could have passed a harmful STD to the mother and the baby. some people just simply can't handle being pregnant. and everyone know that if abortions are illegalized then there will be a lot of dangerous illegal abortions. it's happened before with drugs so why not this?
the government should not control women's lives. it's their uterus, their body, their choice.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 11th, 2009 at 11:54pm
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Rebel!:
Babies are not babies until they are born. Until then, the correct term is fetus and whether or not they are alive is a matter of personal opinion, and how one defines "alive".
so it can be breathing and kicking and has a heartbeat but it still isn't alive?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2009 at 10:06am
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Rebel!:

"Baby" is not a scientific word and there is no exact definition of what constitutes a baby.

I don't see how life is a matter of opinion, the cells and organs and organ systems making up that fetus are very much alive, the only thing that's opinion is if you think life matters at that stage.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 13th, 2009 at 02:48pm
Kurtni:
Ol' Blue Eyes.:
Rebel!:

"Baby" is not a scientific word and there is no exact definition of what constitutes a baby.

I don't see how life is a matter of opinion, the cells and organs and organ systems making up that fetus are very much alive, the only thing that's opinion is if you think life matters at that stage.
but at that stage it has the potential to matter later, it's just not at that stage yet. it needs time to get to that stage
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 13th, 2009 at 11:51pm
Bleach:
but at that stage it has the potential to matter later, it's just not at that stage yet. it needs time to get to that stage
Like I said, that's a matter of opinion. Proving what life is important and what life isn't is impossible.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 14th, 2009 at 11:35pm
Kurtni:
Bleach:
Like I said, that's a matter of opinion. Proving what life is important and what life isn't is impossible.
personally I dont see how something with a beating heart and has male/female organs and a liver etc isn't alive.. and it's clearly made of living cells
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 15th, 2009 at 10:14pm
Bleach:
Kurtni:
Bleach:
personally I dont see how something with a beating heart and has male/female organs and a liver etc isn't alive.. and it's clearly made of living cells

I didn't say it wasn't alive.... I said the exact opposite Coolio
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
February 16th, 2009 at 08:32am
Kurtni:
Bleach:
Kurtni:
Bleach:

oh yeah I know I was just saying that for my own sake.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 17th, 2009 at 09:57am
Bleach:
Kurtni:
Bleach:
Kurtni:
Bleach:

oh yeah I know I was just saying that for my own sake.
Oh ok

in that case I agree xD
Dr.Hymen
Geek
Dr.Hymen

Blog
February 21st, 2009 at 10:58am
I thik abortion totally depends on the person in the situation. As you can see from this thread, we each have unique thoughts on the matter, so why not allow unique action to be taken.

I say let abortion be an option to those who wish to avail of it for their own personal reasons.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
February 21st, 2009 at 01:42pm
Fionn Og:
I thik abortion totally depends on the person in the situation. As you can see from this thread, we each have unique thoughts on the matter, so why not allow unique action to be taken.

I say let abortion be an option to those who wish to avail of it for their own personal reasons.

You're forgetting the fact that this discussion isn't a matter of who would and wouldn't have an abortion. Some people view abortion as a crime and telling them to allow people to have an option they believe to be criminal isn't logical. If we replaced abortion with say, murder, I doubt we'd accept someone saying let people who want to murder do so, would we?
Register