NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 22nd, 2009 at 07:53pm
Boobmeister:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
Boobmeister:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
i think if you're like 30 you are mature enough to raise a child
there's more to raising a child than maturity.

i know that
then why excuse a 15 year old having an abortion but draw the line when someone hits 30?

cause when youre 15 you have your whole life ahead of you and when youre thirty your life has already started. 30 was a random age i said it. what im trying to say is i think you should have a legitimate reason to have an abortion.

i went with my friend when she got one and there was tons of older women in the waiting room laughing and having a grand time like it was no big deal. i think that's just wrong
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 22nd, 2009 at 07:55pm
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
cause when youre 15 you have your whole life ahead of you and when youre thirty your life has already started. 30 was a random age i said it. what im trying to say is i think you should have a legitimate reason to have an abortion.

i went with my friend when she got one and there was tons of older women in the waiting room laughing and having a grand time like it was no big deal. i think that's just wrong
i'm pretty sure that no one has an abortion just for fun; everyone has their own reason.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 22nd, 2009 at 07:57pm
Boobmeister:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:

i'm pretty sure that no one has an abortion just for fun; everyone has their own reason.

i didnt say they were having it for fun. i just think some people get it because they just don;t want the baby, but there are other things like adoption that they can give the baby to.
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 22nd, 2009 at 08:02pm
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
i didnt say they were having it for fun. i just think some people get it because they just don;t want the baby, but there are other things like adoption that they can give the baby to.
well of course they're having the abortion because they don't want the baby, why else would they have it?

some people have medical issues, financial issues, mental issues, family issues, etc. i don't understand why the younger generation is excused when women of "maturity" are looked down upon.
NIK JONUTZ
NIK JONUTZ

Blog
May 22nd, 2009 at 08:05pm
Boobmeister:
*Eat Tré`s Shoe*:
well of course they're having the abortion because they don't want the baby, why else would they have it?

some people have medical issues, financial issues, mental issues, family issues, etc. i don't understand why the younger generation is excused when women of "maturity" are looked down upon.

meh,it;s all about personal opinion
but yeah i'm going to leave this topic now Razz Laughing
paper shoes
This Board Is My Home
paper shoes
May 24th, 2009 at 02:28pm
Yeah, I agree with Hannah.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
May 24th, 2009 at 05:20pm
freakyfriday2011:
I'm definitely against abortion, unless the baby was going to be born with defects and would be dependent on others its entire life. There is no reason a parent should not be responsible for their actions. If you're going to have sex, you should accept the possibilty that you might end up with a baby.

So it's your responsibility not to get raped and pregnant as a result of it?
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 25th, 2009 at 01:10pm
Dustfinger:
freakyfriday2011:
I'm definitely against abortion, unless the baby was going to be born with defects and would be dependent on others its entire life. There is no reason a parent should not be responsible for their actions. If you're going to have sex, you should accept the possibilty that you might end up with a baby.

She meant have sex by choice, obviously.
iViva la Andrea!
Geek
iViva la Andrea!
May 25th, 2009 at 05:00pm
Bleach:
Dustfinger:
freakyfriday2011:

But why should a fetus have any less right to life because of an evil his or her biological father created? I don't understand people who think abortion is murder except in certain cases... if aborting a healthy fetus is murder, aborting an ill fetus is murder, aborting any fetus is murder.

To say that abortion is okay if the child will be born with birth defects is slightly sickening to me. It reminds me of ancient times when babies used to be murdered if they were deformed. It's okay to do something you think is wrong if the fetus has some kind of deformity? Then you must not think it's that wrong in the first place.
Bleach
Rotting On Here
Bleach
May 25th, 2009 at 06:37pm
you raise a great point
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
May 25th, 2009 at 10:28pm
Bleach:
Dustfinger:
freakyfriday2011:

I know, obviously. I was just pointing out that all sex doesn't happen by choice. Pregnancy as a result of rape is traumatic, physically and emotionally. Especially if the girl is young, like 12 or 13, childbirth can be damaging and dangerous on their small bodies. And what if its not just some random guy who raped her? What if it's a family member, which is quite common? That would be so unthinkable, giving birth to your uncle/father/cousin/brother's baby, All i;m saying is girls should be given the choice to avoid that sort of horrible situation.
kirstinlette
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kirstinlette
May 28th, 2009 at 11:52pm
Dustfinger:
Bleach:
Dustfinger:
freakyfriday2011:

I know, obviously. I was just pointing out that all sex doesn't happen by choice. Pregnancy as a result of rape is traumatic, physically and emotionally. Especially if the girl is young, like 12 or 13, childbirth can be damaging and dangerous on their small bodies. And what if its not just some random guy who raped her? What if it's a family member, which is quite common? That would be so unthinkable, giving birth to your uncle/father/cousin/brother's baby, All i;m saying is girls should be given the choice to avoid that sort of horrible situation.
Abortion is murder, because life starts at the moment of conception.
Having an abortion is murdering an innocent child, whether it's father is a womanizer and it's mother a slut, or it's mother a 12 year old and it's father the girl's father's uncle's son's brother's sister's aunt's second cousin twice removed. Who the parents are does not change the fact that the baby has a right to live. It is very unfortunate that 12 and 13 year old girls are being raped and pretty much forced to become pregnant... I don't dare say anything with more of a feeling than that because I have never been in that situation. And yes, the girl might die during child birth. But what's the difference between the death of a semi-matured girl and the death of a child that hasn't left the womb?
And who's to say that having an abortion wouldn't have as much of a negative effect as giving birth t a family member's child?
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
May 29th, 2009 at 12:01pm
kirstinlette:
Dustfinger:
Bleach:
Dustfinger:
freakyfriday2011:

Having an abortion is murdering an innocent child, whether it's father is a womanizer and it's mother a slut, or it's mother a 12 year old and it's father the girl's father's uncle's son's brother's sister's aunt's second cousin twice removed. Who the parents are does not change the fact that the baby has a right to live. It is very unfortunate that 12 and 13 year old girls are being raped and pretty much forced to become pregnant... I don't dare say anything with more of a feeling than that because I have never been in that situation. And yes, the girl might die during child birth. But what's the difference between the death of a semi-matured girl and the death of a child that hasn't left the womb?
And who's to say that having an abortion wouldn't have as much of a negative effect as giving birth t a family member's child?
I get what you're saying. Really. I do understand where you're coming from.And I do not support abortion as a contraceptive or as a "security" or whatever. But I just know that I, personally, would rather have a child I know I could take care of, than have a child I was raped to get. I would definitely get an abortion if I was raped, esp. because, yeah the child could be loved by its fosterparents, but I would feel so bad if I had a child from rape, either from a stranger or someone I know, also because I would know my entire life that there was someone who was a consequence from this horrible experience I had. I would also hate to walk around for 9 months with evidence that I was raped, to give up a child I didn't have on purpose.

I support you fully, though, when it comes to consensual sex, it's your own responsibility to use condoms/the Pill/whatever, if you know you're not ready to have a child.
kirstinlette
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kirstinlette
May 29th, 2009 at 12:22pm
ocean avenue:
kirstinlette:
I get what you're saying. Really. I do understand where you're coming from.And I do not support abortion as a contraceptive or as a "security" or whatever. But I just know that I, personally, would rather have a child I know I could take care of, than have a child I was raped to get. I would definitely get an abortion if I was raped, esp. because, yeah the child could be loved by its fosterparents, but I would feel so bad if I had a child from rape, either from a stranger or someone I know, also because I would know my entire life that there was someone who was a consequence from this horrible experience I had. I would also hate to walk around for 9 months with evidence that I was raped, to give up a child I didn't have on purpose.

I support you fully, though, when it comes to consensual sex, it's your own responsibility to use condoms/the Pill/whatever, if you know you're not ready to have a child.

(I apologize for the odd format of this... It said I had too many BBC codes... I had to delete old quotes, but I didn't know what I was doing... I'll edit and fix later if I figure out how...)
The child was there either way. Are you saying that you wouldn't feel bad the rest of your life, knowing that you consciously murdered your own child? To me, the pain of knowing that I murdered my child would long surpass the pain of carrying it around for nine months, considering the knowledge that you were raped and you had life inside you is going to stay with you no matter what you decide to do with the child.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2009 at 12:40pm
kirstinlette:
Having an abortion is murdering an innocent child, whether it's father is a womanizer and [b]it's mother a slut[/i], or it's mother a 12 year old and it's father the girl's father's uncle's son's brother's sister's aunt's second cousin twice removed. Who the parents are does not change the fact that the baby has a right to live. It is very unfortunate that 12 and 13 year old girls are being raped and pretty much forced to become pregnant... I don't dare say anything with more of a feeling than that because I have never been in that situation. And yes, the girl might die during child birth. But what's the difference between the death of a semi-matured girl and the death of a child that hasn't left the womb?

It's times like these when I wonder if feminism actually achieved anything. Ugh.
kirstinlette
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kirstinlette
May 29th, 2009 at 01:02pm
Bloodraine:
kirstinlette:
Having an abortion is murdering an innocent child, whether it's father is a womanizer and [b]it's mother a slut[/i], or it's mother a 12 year old and it's father the girl's father's uncle's son's brother's sister's aunt's second cousin twice removed. Who the parents are does not change the fact that the baby has a right to live. It is very unfortunate that 12 and 13 year old girls are being raped and pretty much forced to become pregnant... I don't dare say anything with more of a feeling than that because I have never been in that situation. And yes, the girl might die during child birth. But what's the difference between the death of a semi-matured girl and the death of a child that hasn't left the womb?

It's times like these when I wonder if feminism actually achieved anything. Ugh.

What do you mean?
Just to clarify, I'm not very familliar with feminism...
I've heard of it, but I don't know very much about it.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2009 at 01:34pm
Well, that makes me feel even worse now.

Feminism is a belief in the political, social, and economic equality of women. It is a discourse that involves various movements, theories, and philosophies which are concerned with the issue of gender difference, advocate equality for women, and campaign for women's rights and interests.
(source).

Your post was antifeminist in the first instance because it described women as 'sluts' and men as simply 'womanizers' (I'm not sure whether you mean to be equally sexist but that isn't how I read it). Slut is a far harsher term and it is my absolute pet hate. Men have the right to shag everything under the sun and they are praised for it. We think it is fantastic. Yet when a woman does this, and by virtue of her biology becomes pregnant, she is a slut. Why should only women have to deal with the consequences of promiscuity.

But what's the difference between the death of a semi-matured girl and the death of a child that hasn't left the womb?

This is also antifeminist as it (by implication) places the life of an unborn child above a woman. They are not even equal - the woman is inferior. She must give up her life to let the foetus live. Why is this?
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
May 29th, 2009 at 01:47pm
i'd like to add in that not everyone believes that life begins at conception.
Billie's Willie
Billie's Willie

Mibba Blog
May 29th, 2009 at 04:59pm
I'm against abortion. I think if someone makes the choice to have sex, they should deal with the possible outcomes.

And if you're raped, you're already going to be going through a number of mental/emotional problems, so why add an abortion to that list? Go to your physician, health clinic, etc. and get EC. Stop the conception before it even happens.
kirstinlette
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
kirstinlette
May 29th, 2009 at 10:37pm
Operatic Skeleton:
kirstinlette:
But what's the difference between the death of a semi-matured girl and the death of a child that hasn't left the womb?
Maybe the fact that her death will have an impact upon people. Her friends, family and loved ones would notice her gone, however noone would notice something that was never there in the first place.

A young girl should not die in the process of giving birth to a child that she would never get to see or take care of anyway (assuming she would want to since she'd probably resent it as it is the child of a rapist) Why should people who get pregnant have to pay for a rapists sins?

It's almost like saying if you get raped and get a curable STD. Should you keep it because the situation was forced upon you, no of course not, you would get treatment. If we are going by the whole 'life begins at conception' then surely an STD has the right to live as well? It's made up of living cells.

I honestly can't belive that people still don't think a women should be able to decide if she wants to keep her baby or not. Especially when she was raped and people still won't consider that reason enough for an abortion - it's insane.

Getting raped is a terrible enough ordeal as it is, without the thought of having the rapists baby.

So you're comparing a baby to an STD?
Register