AuthorMessage
airguitarist
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
airguitarist
August 7th, 2005 at 02:08pm
spill_no_sick:
I think the death penalty should be effective immediatly
you shouldn;t wait on death row for thirty years
if you killed some one, you should be thrown into a pit of rabid chickens the next day

I don't agree with the death penalty. I find it somewhat ironic. A man/woman is charged for killing an innocent person, yet we go around and kill them for killing someone (if this is making any sense). It is similar to the saying 'an eye for an eye'. I don't think our country should abide by that way of life, but more in the essence of 'it happened, it's done, let it go and move on'. Of course the killer should receive punishment, such as a life time in jail. I find the death penalty itself, a cruel and unusual punishment
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
August 7th, 2005 at 05:15pm
xAnarchy4theUSAx:
^ i agree

and they can stop being such fucking hypocrites. i mean think about it logically. they got pissed off during the vietnam war when other countries were trying to spread communism, but yet our government forces democracy upon other countries all the time and think nothing of it. yea, there's a big different between the two, but we're still doing the same thing they were.

also, our govnerment should just keep to itself and let other coutnries live the way they want to. just becuase you enjoy living another way doesnt mean another country is going to be greatful when you force it upon them too.

and our government and country need to become less christianized. if everyone has the right to practice any religion they choose, why do we have things going on right now like abortion bans and gay marriage bans primarily because the bible says it's wrong? and even though you suppossedely can practice any religion you want, youre still expected to follow these laws even if you dont believe a word of the bible. if you're religious and you dont like the idea of gay marriage, dont marry someone of the same sex and dont attend gay marriages. just becuase you think its wrong doesnt mean homosexuals shouldnt have the same rights as you do. and the same thing with abortions, if you think it's wrong, don't get one. but the choice should be open to those who want or need it.

and more on the homosexual rights thing. our country is so fucked up and hypocritical in that when you learn about the descrimination against blacks back in the day it's taught and thought of as an awful thing and lots of people (this is exclusing all those racist fucks we have in our country) think it was wrong and that everyone was created equal and what not. at least this is how it is taught to us in most schools. but yet, these same people who think what we did to the blacks was horrible do the same thing to homosexuals. why doesnt the 24th? (i dont remember the exact number) amendment include sexual preference? it says not to descriminate aginst people due to race, and gender and all that, but nothing about sexual preference. it's not like gays can help being gay anymore than people can control their ethnicity, and even if they could control it, it should be their choice.

i could go on forever, but im going to spare you for now.

marriage was created by religion and is for religious purposes, with marriage, it's what the religion says, and all religions say homosexuals shouldn't marry
and homosexuals have no need to, they're not religious, we never said they couldn't love each other, that's not what marriage means

and abortion has nothing to do with Christians, they're just scapegoats, abortion is the difference between life and death, so very many non-Christians are against it too
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 7th, 2005 at 05:19pm
warning_05:
i was talking to my mate who lives in New York and we both thought that the resent american election was fixed because Kerry was in the lead and then all of a sudden it was annouched that Bush was president again...anyone else think that this was a fix?

no, Dujo says I can't say mean things to anyone anymore but I'm finding it hard with posts such as this
Kerry was in the lead, but not far from Bush, it was all decided on Ohio's vote, whoever got that won the election, and Bush got it

if you don't know what Electoral College is, or don't watch the full election, just the results, then don't say you have a strong opinion
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 7th, 2005 at 05:46pm
warning_05:
i was talking to my mate who lives in New York and we both thought that the resent american election was fixed because Kerry was in the lead and then all of a sudden it was annouched that Bush was president again...anyone else think that this was a fix?

have you any evidence it was a fix? Razz
Rage&Love
King For A Couple Of Days
Rage&Love
August 7th, 2005 at 07:04pm
Dom:
warning_05:

the fact that most Americans dont like Bush and didnt vote for him is a little piece of evidence but its good cause he can't be voted in again now Very Happy
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 8th, 2005 at 01:35am
well he was voted president again, the silent majority....

a fact of life ive learned is that not everyone wins, and you cant make everyone happy, hence, all the people bitching about the government here, not suprised considering its a green day fansite...

but yea, i dont agree with everything the government does, but ill support it where i feel the need to. abortion is horrible, gay marriage is literally an oxymoron, and the war IS just. the enviroment should be kept the way it is, and bush does need to watch where he's putting the oil mine-thingys-totally forgot the name of them.
Gilly the Goldfish
Jackass
Gilly the Goldfish
August 8th, 2005 at 09:42am
getting rid of blair
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 8th, 2005 at 01:31pm
warning_05:
Dom:
warning_05:

the fact that most Americans dont like Bush and didnt vote for him is a little piece of evidence but its good cause he can't be voted in again now Very Happy
I must ask, do you think that everyone's vote is tallyed up and they say, "alright Bush, you got 69,666 votes, and Kerry, you got 69665 votes, Bush wins!"?

"Electoral College" my friend, BUsh won, fair!
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 8th, 2005 at 02:18pm
warning_05:
Dom:
warning_05:

you, see how could MOST americans not like him if he was elected.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 8th, 2005 at 02:23pm
i dont know how the voting system works exactly in America, but here we have the "first past the post" system which basicaly means the first party to get a certain number of seats wins. Also with this method to gain the 'majority' you only need around 36% of the vote not 51%. Plus, with this 36% of the vote you actually get about 60% of the votes. And other parties that get around 25% of the vote only get 10% of the seats. However if the voting system was changed to PR (proportional representation) if you get 20% of the vote you get 20% of the seats. Which some feel is much fairer, however its not likely to happen.

would someone mind explaining the american one for me, it would be much apprectiated.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 8th, 2005 at 02:36pm
Dom:
i dont know how the voting system works exactly in America, but here we have the "first past the post" system which basicaly means the first party to get a certain number of seats wins. Also with this method to gain the 'majority' you only need around 36% of the vote not 51%. Plus, with this 36% of the vote you actually get about 60% of the votes. And other parties that get around 25% of the vote only get 10% of the seats. However if the voting system was changed to PR (proportional representation) if you get 20% of the vote you get 20% of the seats. Which some feel is much fairer, however its not likely to happen.

would someone mind explaining the american one for me, it would be much apprectiated.
with us, we have primaries, where it's like single elimination all the way to the real election
and we go and vote, but our votes are tallied, and each state has a certain number of votes it gets, like California has 55 votes, and Alaska only has three, I get Eight Smile
but then the representitives (California has fifty-five) make the real votes that count

so technically, Bush could have gotten none of the votes from the people, but the Electoral College (state representitives for the election) could have all voted for him
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 8th, 2005 at 02:52pm
spill_no_sick:
Dom:

with us, we have primaries, where it's like single elimination all the way to the real election
and we go and vote, but our votes are tallied, and each state has a certain number of votes it gets, like California has 55 votes, and Alaska only has three, I get Eight Smile
but then the representitives (California has fifty-five) make the real votes that count

so technically, Bush could have gotten none of the votes from the people, but the Electoral College (state representitives for the election) could have all voted for him

aaaa, thanks. Very Happy
Kitti
Kitti
August 8th, 2005 at 06:03pm
spill_no_sick:
warning_05:

no, Dujo says I can't say mean things to anyone anymore but I'm finding it hard with posts such as this
Kerry was in the lead, but not far from Bush, it was all decided on Ohio's vote, whoever got that won the election, and Bush got it

if you don't know what Electoral College is, or don't watch the full election, just the results, then don't say you have a strong opinion

the electoral college is outdated. our country has grown out of it. its time the election is decided directly by the people. but as a friend of mine once said, "those who cast the votes decide nothing. those who count the votes decide everything." but still...electoral college isnt right for this country anymore.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
August 8th, 2005 at 06:31pm
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:
warning_05:

the electoral college is outdated. our country has grown out of it. its time the election is decided directly by the people. but as a friend of mine once said, "those who cast the votes decide nothing. those who count the votes decide everything." but still...electoral college isnt right for this country anymore.
yes it is!
our citizens are more retarted (not the cool kind, the one that means you're unbearably stupid) and missinformed and careless as ever, we need those intelligent people with the final desicion
Dom
Jackass
Dom
August 8th, 2005 at 06:37pm
spill_no_sick:
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:
warning_05:

yes it is!
our citizens are more retarted (not the cool kind, the one that means you're unbearably stupid) and missinformed and careless as ever, we need those intelligent people with the final desicion

That's basically saying only smart people can vote. But to be honest stupid people are the kind of people not to vote anyway.
hellokittyxcore
Jackass
hellokittyxcore
August 8th, 2005 at 07:33pm
Dom:
spill_no_sick:
paradoxical:
spill_no_sick:
warning_05:

yes it is!

That's basically saying only smart people can vote. But to be honest stupid people are the kind of people not to vote anyway.
the way he won was because of how the voteing works by state not by each person
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 9th, 2005 at 01:10am
you know, they do still count it vote for vote, and bush did win the popular vote against kerry, and he won the electoral college. basically, each president gets to pick his rep.'s, so yea, you win the state, those rep.'s vote for you pretty much.

its not as skewed as most people think. more people did actually vote for bush, so dont go off saying they didnt. silent majority my friends.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
August 9th, 2005 at 05:56pm
billiejoe13:
I am from Canada...and I think that the Liberal Goverment is currupt. The sponsership scandal...makes me angry. The Liberals should go! But I don't want the Conservatives in, because then we'd have a more Bush kinda goverment, and that wouldn't be good...VOTE NDP...that's all I have to say...
FUCK NDP!!! GREEN PARTY ALL THE WAY!!!
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 10th, 2005 at 01:56am
awkward moment
mikesgirlfellowbassplayer
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
mikesgirlfellowbassplayer
August 10th, 2005 at 07:12am
i think our government woul be better without bush or any of his followers. i know i might sound a bit harsh but thats what i beleave. we were at war with afganistan not iraq!!! the only real reason we went there was because saddam threatened his dad when he was in office. they never atacked us at all and now our soilders are dieing and most of them arn't even over 20 years old. so what if he might of had wmd. we knew iran had them but we were "unsure" if they have them. so we had to go. why do you think most of the other contries didn't help us? ok i'm done ranting.
Register