Death penalty

AuthorMessage
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2005 at 12:26pm
i figured this deserved it's own thread.

I'm against, i understand the idea that Jails are over crowded. However it is hard to decide who has the right to live and die and theres the problem of what if you were wrong. The last women to be executed in England was hanged because in self defense she killed her abusive husband, today she would of been out in 5 years.

Yes the punishment system is becoming to relaxed but capital punishment has way to many problems attached to it.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 12:32pm
I think that people found guilty with circumstantial evidence deserve death

there was a guy in my city who was ninteen and beat an eighty year old woman to death
and admit he was guilty too...he was executed three days ago at the age of forty five

it should be legal in countries willing to use it responsibly
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
May 26th, 2005 at 12:33pm
I think Death penalty is actually just the same as murder. No one has the right to decide who lives and who dies, just let them live for fuck's sake. And the family of the victim don't even have their revenge, because they don't see the murderer suffering if he's/she's dead. The guilt is gone with the life.
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 12:36pm
Just like as if:
I think Death penalty is actually just the same as murder. No one has the right to decide who lives and who dies, just let them live for fuck's sake. And the family of the victim don't even have their revenge, because they don't see the murderer suffering if he's/she's dead. The guilt is gone with the life.
do you think a murderer will feel too guilty?
if you're a threat, you should die
life is a privalige, not a right
don't fuck up your privelage by taking away some one else's
Fall Together
King For A Couple Of Days
Fall Together
May 26th, 2005 at 12:37pm
I don't agree with it...

I agree that punishment is getting too relaxed, and something needs to be done about it, but I don't think killing someone is the answer...
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 12:37pm
He:
I don't agree with it...

I agree that punishment is getting too relaxed, and something needs to be done about it, but I don't think killing someone is the answer...
TORTURE!!!!
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
May 26th, 2005 at 12:38pm
Sometimes life can be a worse punishment than death is my phlosophy. Sometimes suicide/ death could be the easiest thing for a person, so maybe making the murderer live with what they've done could be worse. But if they're glad that they're killed them, then they should be killed in the way that they killed their victim.
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
May 26th, 2005 at 12:39pm
spill_no_sick:
Just like as if:
That depends too. Some feel guilty, some don't. It's so easy to pretend. Can a murder never be totally proven? I think it can't. I bet so many innocent 'murderers' are killed by now. Just because of the wrong place and wrong time.
Blasphemous_Rumors
Jackass
Blasphemous_Rumors
May 26th, 2005 at 12:46pm
hows about we send all the criminals into the military and make them do the dirty work that the army men have to do... show them how it feels to experience being shot
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 12:51pm
Just like as if:
spill_no_sick:
Just like as if:
That depends too. Some feel guilty, some don't. It's so easy to pretend. Can a murder never be totally proven? I think it can't. I bet so many innocent 'murderers' are killed by now. Just because of the wrong place and wrong time.
technically nothing can be proven
but if there is circumstantial evidence then there is enough proof that you are convicted, you get death...or torture
suzie_k
suzie_k
May 26th, 2005 at 12:55pm
i totally dis agree with it. first off two wrongs dont make a right and second i think its an easy way out for a prisoner. they should have to live with what they have done for the rest of their lives.
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
May 26th, 2005 at 01:03pm
I think that the Death Penalty is just the same as murder, but then there are people who deserve to die such as murderers themselves.
girl almighty
GSBitch
girl almighty
May 26th, 2005 at 01:32pm
i agree with it in some cases. people like ian huntly dont deserve a pot to piss in, let alone the amout of money being put into keeping him fed, watered and with a roof over his head (yeah, he's in prison but he still has all those things). i think it should only be used in cases where it is certain though, like his. its hard to prove but for some people, like murderers, rapists and disgusting people like that, they deserve all it. they shouldnt have human rights like the rest of us.
(i have strong views on this Rolling Eyes )
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
May 26th, 2005 at 01:48pm
It depends on what the person has done! I suppose i am for it because it may then stop people acting crude and gruesomes acts on people, i don't think life in prison is enough!
Rage&Love
Rage&Love
May 26th, 2005 at 01:49pm
oh and there is strong evidence against them
snowcherry
snowcherry
May 26th, 2005 at 01:56pm
I´m against it, though I can understand both sides and it´s a difficult theme.
For instance, people who have killed many other people and it´s pretty obvious that they´re gonna do it again, then....
for one: it´s pretty hard in prison and if they have to stay there for the rest of their lives, this is tough.
but on the other hand: what if they have other "business- partners" out there, doing the shit for them, so it keeps going on...
and even if it doesn´t isn´t it more save to kill them?

well,...writing this, I realize then there´s no point in killing them either..
TheFaggot
TheFaggot
May 26th, 2005 at 02:14pm
500 years ago people tortured innocent people. We think it's discusting. Today we have death penalties, and we start wars who kill innocent people. From torture to slaying. Actually, innocent people have been killes not so long ago. I think it's revoltzing. But I think war is in human nature. Damn testosterone... That's why I prefer girls... All guys should have been bi... It wouldn't solve the problems but...

I must stop talkink to my self!!!
Hope all of the straight guys kill each other...
jimmydied2day
Idiot
jimmydied2day
May 26th, 2005 at 02:28pm
I guess you can never really win because, i guess that if a murderer is killed, then thats just committing a sin!
i guess it depends on religious beliefs.
and also you have to be certain that the person was guilty, and that it isn't going to be an easy way out.
im actually for capital punishment, but i can see why it can be impractical because where do you draw the line?
when will it become an escape route for the government to free up prisons? Confused
i dont do fuckin names
Jackass
i dont do fuckin names
May 26th, 2005 at 02:54pm
totally against, ive ranted on against it on this board before, and i cant be bothered to do it again.
EchoBrain
EchoBrain
May 26th, 2005 at 03:34pm
spill_no_sick:
I think that people found guilty with circumstantial evidence deserve death
I agree with that, in Norway, when a person kills a person, the murderer gets about 20 years max.
Register