AuthorMessage
TragicCaseofMyReality
King For A Couple Of Days
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 13th, 2006 at 01:56pm
Bloodraine:
PatronSaintofDenial:
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT:
i think the death penalty is wrong. sure, you bring justice to the victims of, let`s say, a murdered family member. but how will it help things? it won`t bring the murdered back to life. and, it`s cheaper to keep someone in jail than on death row. and if you think that the murderer deserves it, think of it this way: what if the murderer was your family of friend? you wouldn`t want them killed, now would you?

I could give a flying flip if its "cheaper" to keep someone in jail-they won't cost anything if they are dead. and in my eyes if they do something like that then they should be dead. It may not bring my family member back but will sure make some of the sting away from their death knowing that the peron that did to them was dead too.And if it was a family friend that murdered one of my family members-then they aren't a friend and never will be again. AND YES I WOULD WANT THEM KILLED!!!!!!!!

So next time your mother/brother/cousin or best friend brutally murders someone, you'll be happy for them to die?

No.

You'd still love them, no matter what. You're both losing out that way.

See, I have a little thing in me called a conscience which tells me killing in the name of the law or the government is wrong. All killing is wrong.
Life wasn't gievn to someone so you can just piss it up and take it away from them, no matter what they did.

There hasn't been a first so there can't be a "next time" but if my mother/brother/cousin/best friend murdered someone else in my family, i wouldn't consider them famiy or friend anymore, i couldn't and wouldn't after that moment. I won't be happy but i sure as heck won't be devestated.thats good that your conscience tells you that-but my heart tells me different. and ofcourse i'm not saying to kill them just because someone said they were guilty, i would stand behind them 100% until i was positive otherwise.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 13th, 2006 at 03:34pm
PatronSaintofDenial:
There hasn't been a first so there can't be a "next time" but if my mother/brother/cousin/best friend murdered someone else in my family, i wouldn't consider them famiy or friend anymore, i couldn't and wouldn't after that moment. I won't be happy but i sure as heck won't be devestated.thats good that your conscience tells you that-but my heart tells me different. and ofcourse i'm not saying to kill them just because someone said they were guilty, i would stand behind them 100% until i was positive otherwise.

It didn't have to be a family member. Just any person. A child rapist if you must...

And hows about if your close family person ended up falsely convicted for something they didn't do and was killed?. You'd feel pretty hard done by eh...
ROSHAMBO
Geek
ROSHAMBO
April 14th, 2006 at 03:23am
Magne:
SeverusSnape:
There should be a poll here. I really want to know how many agree and oppose.

In current affairs, we've got three drug kingpins from Australia getting the death penalty in Indonesia. There's also this other Aussie guy that got hanged a while back, for smuggling about $1m worth of heroin. I think we should respect their laws but that doesn't mean I'm for it.
If you know what's in it for you, then don't do it and you won't get the death penalty. As simple as that.

the death penalty has never been a very good deterant.

Neither is hell and basically anything else...
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 14th, 2006 at 04:38am
SeverusSnape:
Magne:
SeverusSnape:
There should be a poll here. I really want to know how many agree and oppose.

In current affairs, we've got three drug kingpins from Australia getting the death penalty in Indonesia. There's also this other Aussie guy that got hanged a while back, for smuggling about $1m worth of heroin. I think we should respect their laws but that doesn't mean I'm for it.
If you know what's in it for you, then don't do it and you won't get the death penalty. As simple as that.

the death penalty has never been a very good deterant.

Neither is hell and basically anything else...

there are always has long has the world is here people who will try and beat the law and some of them do. People have to try i guess.
car crash romance
Falling In Love With The Board
car crash romance
April 14th, 2006 at 06:26am
no one deserves to die.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
April 14th, 2006 at 08:05am
car crash romance:
no one deserves to die.

no one you say??? Well what about Adolf Hitler? The Yorkshire ripper? Peter Sutcliffe? Fred And Rosemary West? The Kray Twins? (actually i dont think the the Kray Twins deserve to die but thats another story)
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
April 14th, 2006 at 10:44am
Magne:
car crash romance:
no one deserves to die.

no one you say??? Well what about Adolf Hitler? The Yorkshire ripper? Peter Sutcliffe? Fred And Rosemary West? The Kray Twins? (actually i dont think the the Kray Twins deserve to die but thats another story)

I actually don't think any of the above deserve(d) to die, but that's just part of my belief that everyone gets what they deserve eventually, be it in this life or the next. (I do believe in an afterlife, though, that might alter my opinion)
car crash romance
car crash romance
April 16th, 2006 at 04:46pm
Magne:
car crash romance:
no one deserves to die.

yes, they don't deserve to be killed.
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 16th, 2006 at 05:29pm
car crash romance:
no one deserves to die.
TragicCaseofMyReality
TragicCaseofMyReality
April 16th, 2006 at 11:00pm
Bloodraine:
PatronSaintofDenial:

It didn't have to be a family member. Just any person. A child rapist if you must...

And hows about if your close family person ended up falsely convicted for something they didn't do and was killed?. You'd feel pretty hard done by eh...

no-i guess i'm not good at forming sentences.(i never have been) but what i mean is everyone deserves their day in court and i wouldn't want the death penalty laid on somone until they have enough evidence to absolutley prove that the person killed/raped another person(and rape is a touchy subject with me because my half sister got molested by her step dad a while ago and he gets out in a couple years.)
davey jones.
davey jones.

Mibba Blog
April 17th, 2006 at 12:24am
PatronSaintofDenial:
Warning_iNSOMNIACiDIOT:
i think the death penalty is wrong. sure, you bring justice to the victims of, let`s say, a murdered family member. but how will it help things? it won`t bring the murdered back to life. and, it`s cheaper to keep someone in jail than on death row. and if you think that the murderer deserves it, think of it this way: what if the murderer was your family of friend? you wouldn`t want them killed, now would you?

I could give a flying flip if its "cheaper" to keep someone in jail-they won't cost anything if they are dead. and in my eyes if they do something like that then they should be dead. It may not bring my family member back but will sure make some of the sting away from their death knowing that the peron that did to them was dead too.And if it was a family friend that murdered one of my family members-then they aren't a friend and never will be again. AND YES I WOULD WANT THEM KILLED!!!!!!!!

Is that simply based on revenge?
anti-christ of suburbia
Idiot
anti-christ of suburbia

Mibba
June 14th, 2006 at 01:23pm
if you kill a murderer, your no better than them. besides, theres always a chance that they were innocent. if they got a prison sentence, they can rebuild their lives, if you kill them, they have no chance. but there are some cases where they deserve it, serial killers, and Saddam Hussien (sp?) for example
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 18th, 2006 at 07:54pm
I am totally for the death penalty. I know that some people are not, but what if someone on your family got murdered? would you want that person to die! I sure as hell would! If someone ever killed anyone in my family I would kick them in the crotch until it fell off, then shoot them in the head.
ColleenStarship
Addict
ColleenStarship
June 18th, 2006 at 10:32pm
Billie Joe's Sweetie:
I am totally for the death penalty. I know that some people are not, but what if someone on your family got murdered? would you want that person to die! I sure as hell would! If someone ever killed anyone in my family I would kick them in the crotch until it fell off, then shoot them in the head.

then you would be murdering someone , that would mean a possible death sentence

how does it sound now?
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 19th, 2006 at 08:34am
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

No. No one ever has the right to take another person's life, ever! Just because they did doesn't mean we should go to their level and take theirs.

Plus, when they are dead, they cant be punished. They recieve a much worse punishment by being alive.
Lucifers Angel
Lucifers Angel
June 19th, 2006 at 09:00am
it is better for 5 guilty people to walk free than for 1 innocent person to be sentenced to death.
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 19th, 2006 at 11:54pm
Coff:
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

No. No one ever has the right to take another person's life, ever! Just because they did doesn't mean we should go to their level and take theirs.

Plus, when they are dead, they cant be punished. They recieve a much worse punishment by being alive.

yeah, murderers shouldn't get killed, they should be tortured instead. I don't know how old your are or anything, but say you had a daughter and she got raped and killed by some guy. I don't you know about you but if I had a daughter, I would want that guy killed so he can burn in hell!
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 20th, 2006 at 12:25am
ok then I take back what I said (in a way) they should not be tortured, they should be killed so they can burn in hell. These people should think about their consequences before they go and murder someone. It's not like they are totally unaware(sp?) of this.
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Billie Joe's Sweetie
June 20th, 2006 at 12:35am
how are you not aware if you are killing
someone? "did I kill her? because I thought I was brushing my teeth."
Plug In Baby.
Addict
Plug In Baby.
June 20th, 2006 at 07:33am
I agree totally with Trunks. You just don't have the right to take anothers life, even if they have killed someone. The death penalty is wrong.

and if I had a daughter, if she got killed, I would grieve for her, I would be sad, I would be angry, but I would never wish death on another person.
Register