AuthorMessage
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2008 at 02:30pm
DaschundPup2007:
tomamazon:
Isn't the executioner as much of a murderer as the person who is being executioned?
I don't think so, legally it's the state/country putting the murderer to death for what he has done.

Legally, maybe not, but what about morally?
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2008 at 02:49pm
Well, not to sound harsh here, but, isn't it the murderer's fault for being sentenced to death as he murdered someone else?
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 28th, 2008 at 02:58pm
DaschundPup2007:
Well, not to sound harsh here, but, isn't it the murderer's fault for being sentenced to death as he murdered someone else?
Two wrongs don't make a right and all that jazz.
Barney Stinson
Basket Case
Barney Stinson

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2008 at 03:09pm
Is it wrong to punish a murderer for his actions? He KILLED someone, took their life away from them. What if he's a serial killer?
cabot gal
GSBitch
cabot gal

Mibba
March 28th, 2008 at 03:10pm
DaschundPup2007:
Is it wrong to punish a murderer for his actions? He KILLED someone, took their life away from them. What if he's a serial killer?
... it's not wrong to punish him, but if you're taking his life, then that's wrong in your own books because you think murder is wrong. Or it's double standards.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2008 at 05:57pm
Killing someone doesn't equal murder Think Murder is the wrongful killing of someone, it depends on if you think the executioner is justified or not I suppose.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
March 28th, 2008 at 06:49pm
Kurtni:
Killing someone doesn't equal murder Think Murder is the wrongful killing of someone, it depends on if you think the executioner is justified or not I suppose.
But couldn't you argue that the executioner wants them dead because of what they'd done? So technically, you could say that they're just as bad. Shifty
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 28th, 2008 at 06:51pm
Jax.:
Kurtni:
But couldn't you argue that the executioner wants them dead because of what they'd done? So technically, you could say that they're just as bad. Shifty
Well so would anyone who supported the death penalty in their case, that would make them all murders wouldn't it? I don't consider them to be personally, but I suppose I can see how someone could.
Jax.
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
Jax.
March 28th, 2008 at 06:59pm
Kurtni:
Jax.:
Kurtni:
Well so would anyone who supported the death penalty in their case, that would make them all murders wouldn't it? I don't consider them to be personally, but I suppose I can see how someone could.
Yeah, I see that point to. Shifty
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 29th, 2008 at 10:12am
You cannot posslibly say that the executioner is not physically responsible for the death of the murderer, it doesn't matter what the law says, he is a killer by definition. If he truely doesn't believe that killing someone is right, we wouldn't do it himself. This means that the executioner must value the law over his own morals. That, or his own moral reflect exactly those of the law.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 29th, 2008 at 11:12pm
Anji:
You cannot posslibly say that the executioner is not physically responsible for the death of the murderer
... no one said that Coolio
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
March 30th, 2008 at 09:13am
Kurtni:
Anji:
You cannot posslibly say that the executioner is not physically responsible for the death of the murderer
... no one said that Coolio
That's what I'm saying. Con
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 30th, 2008 at 10:47am
Wait so...if someone hires an assassin, who's responsible for the murder? The employer or the assassin?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 30th, 2008 at 10:47am
lyrical_mess:
Wait so...if someone hires an assassin, who's responsible for the murder? The employer or the assassin?
Both. Con
lyrical_mess
Falling In Love With The Board
lyrical_mess

Mibba Blog
March 30th, 2008 at 10:58am
Ouch.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
March 30th, 2008 at 11:01am
lyrical_mess:
Ouch.
I don't know if they would both be officially charged with murder or not though. The employer may just be an accessory to murder. However, look at Charles Manson, he wasn't employing anyone even, just leading a cult, and he was charged with the murders of the people killed by his cult. It probably depends on the circumstances of the case.
Hitchcock Starlet
Addict
Hitchcock Starlet
April 17th, 2008 at 09:56am
I'm against death penalty.
If you kill the murderer what makes you any better than him then?

And I think it's much worse punishment for the murderer to live in prison for the rest of his life than being executed. Kind of gives him time to really think about it. And some,not saying all of them,might feel sorry for what they've done.

The other thing is,what if person who is charged for a murder didn't really do it? That way they kill an innocent person.

I just don't think anyone has a right to take away someone else's life. Even if that person is a murderer or a serial killer.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
April 17th, 2008 at 06:32pm
The US Supreme Court ruled that the death penalty does not qualify as cruel and unusual punishment and all of the states that haulted their death sentences back in September are free to resume them again. Thoughts/responses?

On another note, how do you think they'll find on their next case, about the man being put to death for molesting an 8 year old. The injuries she received required surgery to fix and she will permanently face psychological problems, if you're unfamiliar with the case. The guy is arguing that the punishment is cruel and unusual because no one has been put to death for anything but murder.
dr cunningham
This Board Is My Home
dr cunningham

Blog
April 18th, 2008 at 11:27am
this might not really be important to the thread but i'm for the death penalty tbh. but only if the criminal has been convicted of murder.
i mean, if you take a life i personally think you should give yours up Dno
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
April 19th, 2008 at 01:55pm
dr cunningham:
this might not really be important to the thread but i'm for the death penalty tbh. but only if the criminal has been convicted of murder.
i mean, if you take a life i personally think you should give yours up Dno
So what's the difference between a murderer and a soldier? A murderer and his executioner?
Register