Death penalty

AuthorMessage
Kristmas_Tsanne
Great Success!
Kristmas_Tsanne

Blog
August 23rd, 2008 at 09:33am
Skintight:
I hate the death penalty. I hate it. Martin Luther King jr. once said, "You can murder a murderer but you can't murder murder itself".

Pretty much that means, two wrongs don't make a right. I can understand the death penalty being served to someone like Albert Fish or Richard Ramirez because both of those men were incredibly psycho in the head but if someone commits like homicide or something I believe they need to suffer in prison all their life. Prison isn't a fun place either. My uncle served a year there and he said it's terrible. All I can say is two wrongs do not make a right and killing someone for something they did in their past is wrong.

But where do we draw the line?
How do you figure that it's okay to end some people's lives, and not others?
Would it take a scale and how do we determine that?

I disagree with death penalty, because yeah, two wrongs don't make a right, and I don't think we should meddle with life like that, neither should the murderer, but that's when punishment, like life in prison, is better imo.
a-a-a-a
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
a-a-a-a
August 27th, 2008 at 04:24pm
I agree to a large extent about the Death Penalty. I'm all for it. People need such a good kick up the arse, especially in this country. We actually discussed this recently in R.E, and we watched a video about a man called Robert Harris get electrocuted. These people do not even deserve to rot in jail. What's a life sentence going to do? I mean, if somebody like him (or, let's say, Myra Hindley) did something to someone i loved, then i'd like to see them suffer. Sure, it might seem harsh, but the way i see it; if you can't take it, don't dish it out... Hand
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2008 at 04:28pm
ScottishReplica:
I agree to a large extent about the Death Penalty. I'm all for it. People need such a good kick up the arse, especially in this country. We actually discussed this recently in R.E, and we watched a video about a man called Robert Harris get electrocuted. These people do not even deserve to rot in jail. What's a life sentence going to do? I mean, if somebody like him (or, let's say, Myra Hindley) did something to someone i loved, then i'd like to see them suffer. Sure, it might seem harsh, but the way i see it; if you can't take it, don't dish it out... Hand
Though I strongly disagree with your opinion, I must say that making that alleged criminal suffer for your happiness is just as bad as the murder itself. Why would you kill someone when a murder has already erupted? It sounds redundant.
a-a-a-a
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
a-a-a-a
August 27th, 2008 at 04:33pm
Will Forte.:
ScottishReplica:
Though I strongly disagree with your opinion, I must say that making that alleged criminal suffer for your happiness is just as bad as the murder itself. Why would you kill someone when a murder has already erupted? It sounds redundant.

Of course it sounds hypocritical and all, that's just my opinion. I just feel like they shouldn't have done the crime in the first place. Hey, i'm only talking about murder here, any other crime, well, i think that would be a bit drastic. Confused
However we were discussing paedophilia. (sp?)
Deernt.
Rotting On Here
Deernt.

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2008 at 04:39pm
ScottishReplica:

Of course it sounds hypocritical and all, that's just my opinion. I just feel like they shouldn't have done the crime in the first place. Hey, i'm only talking about murder here, any other crime, well, i think that would be a bit drastic. Confused
However we were discussing paedophilia. (sp?)
True and I agree that there is probably some psychological malfunction in these individuals who take part in murder and other life taking activities.
Pedophilia is federal offense like anything else, just something the death penalty should stay out of.
WhoTheFuckIsCool?
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
WhoTheFuckIsCool?
August 27th, 2008 at 04:45pm
Well, As far as the death penatly goes, Im against it. I mean I think that people that go to prison can have it .. In a way 'too good' In some prisons over here, they get given fags, and TV's and all sorts of luxurys, So I think that life in prison should be harder. Much harder. But people shouldn't be killed. They should be left with just the basics just enough to surive and live a miserable life waiting for death in a way., and in some cases people have been killed then proved innocent .. that would stop that happening as well.
a-a-a-a
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
a-a-a-a
August 27th, 2008 at 04:50pm
Yeah, true, and sure the murderers background can have a great deal of effect on their actions.
For example, a person from a stable family background would most likely (but not always) grow up to be a sane, stable person.
Whereas a person from an unstable and abusive background, would probably grow up to be an abusive person.
PCG
Jackass
PCG

Mibba Blog
August 27th, 2008 at 06:13pm
I believe in the eye for an eye thing, but you can never really tell who is really innocent or not. So I'm kinda torn here.
Spider Billie
Post Whore
Spider Billie

Blog
September 18th, 2008 at 08:43pm
Nobody deserves to die if decided by some guy.
I mean, for all we know, the dude can just be picking the people he doesn't like for the penatly.
wanderlust
Addict
wanderlust

Mibba Blog
September 27th, 2008 at 04:24pm
StephVery HappyonaNobisPacem:
Off topic:
Bahahaha thanks. I started pissing myself when I layed my eyes on it. I just had to put it up.
Very Happy

ON topic:

I think all states (or provinces for me, I'm Canadian) should allow the death penalty, and make sure that it's known. I think it would bring down the crime rate alot more. It would scare people into not doing TOO much crime. It'd make people THINK before doing such stupid, irresponsible things like murder.

If you're Canadian, as I am, I would hope that you have heard of the David Milgaard case.

The long and short of it is, David Milgaard is a Canadian who was wrongfully accused of raping and murdering a young nurse when he was around 17 or 18. He was sentenced to life in prison, and it was about 25 years later that evidence was uncovered that proved he did not in fact kill her. Yeah, a good chunk of his life and youth were wasted in prison, but at least he wasnt dead.

I am against the death penalty because i believe that no one has the right to take away another human life. So a guy kills another guy. you call him a murderer and sentence him to death. What does that make the guy who injects him? in my opinion, a murderer. To me there's no way around it. You are lowering yourself to the level of a killer, and that makes you no different. No one should be able to decide who lives or dies.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
September 29th, 2008 at 10:19am
And there was the Scottish guy in America on death row who luckily got an appeal and was cleared of all charges due to insignificant evidence or something. It's sad to think what could have happened.
Miley Cyrus
Basket Case
Miley Cyrus

Blog
September 29th, 2008 at 11:30am
we shouldn't have to kill in order to feel a sick sense of satisfaction.

laws are created to keep people safe, not dish out revenge.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
September 29th, 2008 at 02:53pm
Miley Cyrus:

How do you distinguish between revenge and a punishment?
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
October 1st, 2008 at 09:57am
Kurtni:
Miley Cyrus:

How do you distinguish between revenge and a punishment?
Revenge is a subjective reaction to an experience or event causing an occasionally false justificaton for punishment.

Punishment is based on pre-defined ethics or laws whichcoe into play once broken due to some form of a binding agreement, be it religious or social.

I mean that's not too difficult. The difficulty comes when alaw is to be changed probably based on some discreet form of revenge that has manifested itself into the legal/ethical system. Such was the case when one of the Ten Commandments, thou shalt not kill, was changed to 'thou shalt not murder' in order to justify the killing of Muslims in particular during the Crusades, which is based on subjective revenge rather than objective laws of some sort.
Chile D. Guy
Basket Case
Chile D. Guy
October 1st, 2008 at 10:37am
Here in Brazil, several times were proposed plans to approve death penalty. However, the main reason is the OVERLOAD of the prision facilities. Yes, too many delinquents for little space. A lot of human beings paying for their crimes in cells that are littler than the actual capability (i.e. 16 men in a jailcell that can fit to only 9). In this case, it's somewhat pointless, since most of the convicts here are on the cooler because of stuff like burglary and drug-related crimes. We do have true criminals that done a lot of other depreciable crimes, amongst them murders and such, and they don't seem to ever be 'corrected' enough to be set free into society. But for several people into little cells, that's a deeply stupid crime commited by the own government.
In a general context, can terrorists and serial killers regenerate themselves to get back to society? Not that they cannot, but that's sometimes an argument in favor of death penalty.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 1st, 2008 at 03:29pm
Anji:
Revenge is a subjective reaction to an experience or event causing an occasionally false justificaton for punishment.

Punishment is based on pre-defined ethics or laws whichcoe into play once broken due to some form of a binding agreement, be it religious or social.

Miley Cyrus:

The death penalty is predefined by laws, so I don't think it's rational, based on what Anji said, to consider it revenge. A bad law perhaps, but I don't think it's about revenge.
icegirl.
Jackass
icegirl.

Blog
October 5th, 2008 at 04:04am
i just can't stand the death penalty. though if they murdered someone, or ALOT of people don't they deserve the equal as punishment ? But then again, two wrongs don't make a right. I live in australia and the death penalty was phased out when an innocent person was killed, that happening is just horrible i think.
Spider Billie
Post Whore
Spider Billie

Blog
October 6th, 2008 at 10:15pm
My sisiter's friend's father got killed of by the terrifying electric chair. omgno

RIP Molly
Ally Way
Geek
Ally Way
October 8th, 2008 at 01:54am
Theres no death penalty here and im happy there isnt cause i want the murders to suffer in jail then get the easy way out
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
October 9th, 2008 at 03:43pm
MadAsRabbits:
Theres no death penalty here and im happy there isnt cause i want the murders to suffer in jail then get the easy way out
Suffer in jail? You mean get free food, free housing and fabulous health care all paid for by your tax money? Laughing
Register