Death penalty

AuthorMessage
XcoreJessio
King For A Couple Of Days
XcoreJessio
May 26th, 2005 at 03:39pm
I'm not sure if I'm for or against it as I have never had anything like this happen. Thinking about it noe, I think they deserve to rot away in prision. I think that is justice. If they die, it's like thye got the easy way out. They should live with all that guilt. But if I had a member of my family killed or a friend I would more then likely want the fucker who murdered them killed.
Headfirst For Halos
Falling In Love With The Board
Headfirst For Halos
May 26th, 2005 at 03:51pm
I'm against it, I think that we shouldn't get to decide who lives and who dies, even if that person is a judge or someone in a jury. Mistakes have been made and only been discovered after the person died in the past, and so they died for nothing. Of course, it isn't that way in every case...also, death does seem like an easy was out to me-living with what they've done, spending the rest of their lives in prison-that sounds a lot worse to me.
Cassie <3
Cassie <3
May 26th, 2005 at 05:42pm
If you kill someone for killing someone, what sense does that make?
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 05:43pm
xForgetting Whatsernamex:
they can't kill again
Cassie <3
Cassie <3
May 26th, 2005 at 05:43pm
spill_no_sick:
xForgetting Whatsernamex:
they can't kill again

Good point, but two wrongs don't make a right.
boytoy13
Geek
boytoy13
May 26th, 2005 at 06:04pm
i fully support the death penalty...we shouldn't be paying taxes to feed prisoners
ace.
Idiot
ace.
May 26th, 2005 at 06:27pm
boytoy13:
i fully support the death penalty...we shouldn't be paying taxes to feed prisoners
its been proven somewhere, that the amount of time they waste on death row, a higher level of prison facility, is actually greater than the amount of money it takes to give them life in prison.
robotchicken.
robotchicken.

Mibba
May 26th, 2005 at 08:43pm
I think there shouldnt be a death penalty cause How would killing help stop killing?
Franny.
Franny.
May 26th, 2005 at 09:01pm
im against it. no matter how many people that person killed, they should just be tortured by living in a jailcell for the rest of their lives. taking ones life wont give back the other lives that the person has taken, so why do it? keeping them in jail for life ensures no further deaths caused by that person.

also there is a possibility that the murderer isnt the guilty one but evidence is somehow against him/her. its just not the way to solve a problem. we are no better than the murderer if we kill him/her for killing someone else.
Automatic man
Automatic man
May 26th, 2005 at 09:35pm
*Redundant*Rebel*:
i agree with it in some cases. people like ian huntly dont deserve a pot to piss in, let alone the amout of money being put into keeping him fed, watered and with a roof over his head (yeah, he's in prison but he still has all those things). i think it should only be used in cases where it is certain though, like his. its hard to prove but for some people, like murderers, rapists and disgusting people like that, they deserve all it. they shouldnt have human rights like the rest of us.
(i have strong views on this Rolling Eyes )

WEll, actually what a lot of you don't know is that it costs less to keep people alive then to kill them...likewhothefrick istrecool said...i believe it costs about 1.25 mil to kill and about 400,000 to keep them alive...but then again how can we put a price on morality? Anyway as I was saying I am anti-death penalty because I believe that people should not be punished. The main part of punishment is revenge but what we should really do is just put them in a jail they will be no threat. Sometimes it is just not worth getting even, I mean they killed people put them in a pen where they can't get out, don't care about revenge...Its like Ghandi said" an eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind." Sometimes its just not worth getting even, I mean what is there to gain?
Yes I Am God
Basket Case
Yes I Am God
May 26th, 2005 at 10:57pm
I don't think there should be a death penalty. It should be high, but death is a huge thing. I don't think taking someone's life will help much crimes.
Foamy
Jackass
Foamy
May 26th, 2005 at 11:18pm
I don't believe in the Death Penalty. I'm Catholic so it's probably no surprise when I say that humans do not have to right to take lives away. Only God does. The person who is convicted has probably done something terribly heinous, I realize this. But I stand with my theory. If we kill someone for killing someone else, we're just creating a mass chain of killings, and you will all burn in Hell. Let the convict alone, and let him wait out life in prison, and when he's dead, God will have something in store for him that's far worse that letal injection. A pain he can't escape from. A fate he can't deny. But that's just me.
ConservativePunk
Idiot
ConservativePunk
May 27th, 2005 at 12:02am
the death penalty is completely legal and constitutional.
ConservativePunk
Idiot
ConservativePunk
May 27th, 2005 at 12:04am
and dude. im catholic too. but it even says in the bible that execution is allowed under circumstances. and its impossible not to beleive in the death penalty. its is possible however to be agaisnt it
CrazyJodie
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
CrazyJodie
May 27th, 2005 at 03:52am
I am against, if someone mudered someone I cared about greatly, I would much rather see them suffer with the guilt and in imprisonment then be murdered to get away from it, and to be free.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
May 27th, 2005 at 05:31am
i don't agree with it, i think it was martin luther king who said " you can murder a murderer but you can never murder murder itself ". there's no point in killing that person, it's not like it's really gonna stop other ppl from killing. actually it might provoke the person's family to kill other ppl because they belive the person was unfairly accused.
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
May 27th, 2005 at 05:34am
ConservativePunk:
and dude. im catholic too. but it even says in the bible that execution is allowed under circumstances. and its impossible not to beleive in the death penalty. its is possible however to be agaisnt it

I't completley possible not to belive in it because beliefs aren't just meant as realitly they can also be in concept to morality
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 27th, 2005 at 06:12am
I think only people who have done really bad stuff should get the dealth penalty. Not someone who has murered once. Or soemthing like that. I thought taking a life for a life was wrong? thats what I got taught in school? So how come America can do it?

I think punishment should be different as well more 'cost effective' stop trying to make killing people 'nice'. i personally don't see anything wrong with the good old noose round the neck!
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
May 27th, 2005 at 06:17am
If someone has killed another person then I think they should get the death sentance.
Flaming Phalanges!
Basket Case
Flaming Phalanges!
May 27th, 2005 at 03:53pm
We've been doing about the death penalty in English lately. We watched this video where it interviewed people and asked them if they would have commited their crimes if the death penalty were in place and they said no. I mean if it makes people stop and think for a second then it's obviously worth something.
Also, what if these people escape? There's a chance that they'll reoffend. When they're released, there's a chance they'll reoffend then too.
The bible says an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth. I know it later contradicts itself and not all people believe in religion but you know...
It's also closure for the famillies of the victim and stuff and if crime was rape then the victim will feel safer once the rapists is dead.
I have loads of points cos we ad to write a speech and shtuff...
Oh yeah, and we're paying for these bastards to be kept alive with money which could be spent on improving our country, a better health service, more police officers, better public transport etc but we're spending it on these scumbags even though prisons are crowded and overflowing.

I think that rapists and murderers should receive the death penalty - they're the most heinous crimes that could ever be commited so they deserve the death penalty.

A severe crime deserves a severe punishment.
Register