the milky bar kid
May 26th, 2005 at 03:26pm
wot do u think of to days education???
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2005 at 03:30pm
all aspects of life, should always strive to be better. The problems i see i that what kids are being teached is out-dated and class-rooms are to jam packed

To be fair teachers suffer alot of stress, students should treat them with respect. I say bring back the cane.
NeoSteph
Basket Case
NeoSteph

Mibba Blog
May 26th, 2005 at 03:37pm
the milky bar kid:

could you please state your reasoning for your question Very Happy
Charlie!
Falling In Love With The Board
Charlie!
May 26th, 2005 at 03:50pm
Personally I think the quality of education in this country is poor. Theres no respect for teachers anymore and in a minority of schools they have no control what so ever.
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
May 26th, 2005 at 04:17pm
I go to school, and therefore am biased, but I do think that there is a line which you shouldn't cross. I know that I annoy my teachers, but they know that I'm only joking and so do the rest of my class, but last year this one girl was being really racist to one of our teachers, which was REALLY out of order. But our school gives half the budget to charity, and they hate our year for no apparant reason... O yeah - because we talk to much, apparantly. Especially my class (again, apparantly).
spill_no_sick
spill_no_sick
May 26th, 2005 at 04:18pm
this isn't a debate, but this is a "discussion" topic *damn loophole*

I think it's the kids and parents that fuck it up by not caring
i dont do fuckin names
Jackass
i dont do fuckin names
May 26th, 2005 at 04:26pm
the milky bar kid:
i think there is too much pressure to be the best, and that there is too much emphasis on christianity.
Fall Together
King For A Couple Of Days
Fall Together
May 26th, 2005 at 04:30pm
I'm going to talk about destruptive children, in lessons.

I feel sorry for some of the teachers at my school. They have to teach classes with lots of destriptive kids... they shout out, talk constantly, throw things around the classroom, throw things at the teacher, argue with the teacher, insult the teacher, start fights in the classroom, and generally try to piss the teacher off as much as possible.

It is impossible to learn in this environment.
Classes are destrupted, and teachers usually give up in the end.

Schools in England annoy me...the teachers don't ever have controll over the class because of a few dim-wits that feel spoiling it for everyone else is really cool...and its not, because there are those few who do want to learn and go to college and other higher education, and they aren't doing as well because the teacher is wrapped up in telling all the other students to shut their mouths...saying that there was a scool i went to that was great...sadly i moved lol
Gillian
Gillian
May 26th, 2005 at 04:41pm
I think some schools really need to be sorted out, not just for the teacher's "safety", but for the children. If they can't learn properly there'll be another generation of delinquants in our society.

Even if they don't want to, children should be given a chance to learn in a decent environment. Just think of all the people in Third World countries that would happily sit in a classroom and actually learn something, instead of the education being wasted on children who think they don't need it.

Even though I say "I hate school" every day, I know that I'm very lucky with the school I go to. It's pretty relaxed, there aren't too many problems with pupils and it's a relatively small school with small classes.
Fall Together
Fall Together
May 26th, 2005 at 04:42pm
Guest:
Schools in England annoy me...the teachers don't ever have controll over the class because of a few dim-wits that feel spoiling it for everyone else is really cool...and its not, because there are those few who do want to learn and go to college and other higher education, and they aren't doing as well because the teacher is wrapped up in telling all the other students to shut their mouths...saying that there was a scool i went to that was great...sadly i moved lol
I agree with you 100%

it's like that here... kids think it's cool to interrupt the lesson, and get sent out.. when really, they are just being pathetic and crying for attention... it's sad that people like that ruin other peoples education.
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 26th, 2005 at 07:06pm
I think the teachers have a bad aproach. How can you teach someone if you don't want to explain anything and call kids: stupid, idiot, fool
And telling them that the country is going down because of them, that they suck, that theyr parents don't know shit...
That's how almost all the teachers at my school are. There was one teacher who even got this retarded kid to study, but she doesn't work in my school no more. Other teachers just insult this kid. I think everyone should be homeschooled, but that's just my opinion. Rolling Eyes
Automatic man
Automatic man
May 26th, 2005 at 09:56pm
I don't think teachers should really step out of the way to help students, if they don't want to learn and want to joke off after their 3rd warning ignore them or send them out of the classroom if they're being disruptive, they obviusly do not care...I also believe that no child left behind is bull...
fancy pants
Post Whore
fancy pants
May 26th, 2005 at 10:14pm
the milky bar kid:
Judging by how you wrote that I'd say it's not very good. heh heh.
bja_greenday_fan_vikeroo
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
bja_greenday_fan_vikeroo
May 26th, 2005 at 10:17pm
They teach me the same shit every year!
HeatherElectric
HeatherElectric
May 27th, 2005 at 05:41am
its the same thing every year they dont care about your education or if you get a good job they just care that they get paid
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 27th, 2005 at 05:46am
I read something in the paper the other day (no not a cartoon!)

In England, Students over 14 years old will not have points counted against them for misspelling by ways of using text talk!!! How dumb is that!

It said that Japan have better English classes then we do!

For a government that when came in to power 8 years ago said their aim was 'Education, education, education' they seem to be further from that then ever. When they came into power my school had 4 teacher stikes, before they were in power there were 0!

I think governments and teachers need to take a good hard look at student sand the things that are taught and the ways they are taught and start over.

I'm just waiting for the day that England has the lowest grades for english exams, than any other country in the world!
phobilemone
phobilemone
May 27th, 2005 at 05:53am
bja_greenday_fan_vikeroo:
They teach me the same shit every year!

then something must be going wrong there.... Confused
I Heart Bunney
I Heart Bunney
May 27th, 2005 at 06:18am
Well there not great, but aleast we have the chance to go to school, unlike people in poorer countrys.
Comrade182
Comrade182
May 27th, 2005 at 06:19am
PinkCandyxxx:
Well there not great, but aleast we have the chance to go to school, unlike people in poorer countrys.

fair point, but still if we have this opportinity shouldn't it be the best one we have?
Register