Animal abuse

AuthorMessage
redgreendayfan
Geek
redgreendayfan

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 10:46am
i hate animal testing its wrong and doesnt need to be done, i am against the wearing of fur i will not wear fur at all, animal cruelty is wrong how anyone can do such a horrible thing i will never understand.I dont eat meat and im against the hunting of poor inoccent animals
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
June 13th, 2007 at 11:39am
redgreendayfan:
i hate animal testing its wrong and doesnt need to be done

Yes, it does.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 11:58am
redgreendayfan:
im against the hunting of poor inoccent animals
which would you rather happen
A- Animals bred and kept in small, confined, dark cages for their entire life. Then, they get crowded into carts and shipped off to some meat processing factory where they're slaughtered

B-Animals born naturally, in their natural environment. Most hunters won't shoot baby animals because they're so small , so they get a chance to grow up. Then, they run the risk of being eaten by other animals in the forest naturally, but instead a hunter shoots them. he uses that meat, and isnt contributing to the success of meat processing plants because he killed his own food in a much more humane way.

Im going with B, personally Think
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 01:50pm
redgreendayfan:
i am against the wearing of fur i will not wear fur at all
This never seemed to be a problem until fur was actually becoming a fashion statement. Do Inuits and other Native Canadians and Native Americans also apply to those who should not wear fur? Personally, I think if they're going to eat the animal, might as well wear it too.
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2007 at 02:50pm
Kurtni:
redgreendayfan:
im against the hunting of poor inoccent animals
which would you rather happen
A- Animals bred and kept in small, confined, dark cages for their entire life. Then, they get crowded into carts and shipped off to some meat processing factory where they're slaughtered

B-Animals born naturally, in their natural environment. Most hunters won't shoot baby animals because they're so small , so they get a chance to grow up. Then, they run the risk of being eaten by other animals in the forest naturally, but instead a hunter shoots them. he uses that meat, and isnt contributing to the success of meat processing plants because he killed his own food in a much more humane way.

Im going with B, personally Think

im normally all for like animal testing, and eating meat and hunting, but that american kid who killed that massive pig, that was just mean...
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
June 14th, 2007 at 02:53pm
Dom:

im normally all for like animal testing, and eating meat and hunting, but that american kid who killed that massive pig, that was just mean...
I know. Well, at least he wont have to kill anymore pigs for awhile Coolio
Dom
Jackass
Dom
June 14th, 2007 at 03:36pm
Kurtni:
Dom:

I know. Well, at least he wont have to kill anymore pigs for awhile Coolio

he might, he was pretty chubby himself.
CopperheaD
Geek
CopperheaD
July 4th, 2007 at 03:08pm
I'm doing animal testing coursework in science and i found something called the Draize eye test. This is a product dripped into an animals eyes to see the effects. Labs always use albino rabbit because they have large eyes and poor tear ducts so they are unable to wash away the substance. This experiment lasts for 6 whole days and pain relief is rarely given. This broke my heart so don't say that you're for it until you've seen the uglyness that is animal testing.I'm all for the medical purposes but there are so many companies in the EU that use it for selfish egotistical crap like cleaning products and cosmetics.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
July 14th, 2007 at 08:50pm
Okay so I didn't read anything else but the first post because I was too lazy. About animal abuse, like dog owners whipping their dogs or something, I definately think that is wrong and depending on the severity, people should get fined/go to jail. Animal abuse, in some way is like child abuse... o_O

Anyway, I disagree with those insane animal rights activists *cough*PETA*cough* and it's kind of silly how worked up they get. Yes, animal rights and stuff is a serious issue but some of their ideas are a bit ridiculous.

About fur, it's obviously bad to skin animals alive. However, assuming the animals are killed in a humane way [like with a shot or something] and feel minimal pain and skinned AFTER they are completely dead [not just unconscious, dead.] I don't really mind wearing fur. The chances of that happening are slim so ... um yeah.

I think some people at PETA still wouldn't wear fur if the animal went through no pain which I find stupid. I'm not bashing PETA, I'm just saying that some of their members overreact a lot. So anyway, if the animal was ok before it died, there's no difference wearing like beaver fur and leather since they both come from animals and stuff.

About animal testing, I don't have a serious problem with it. I agree, some problems are unnecessary but without animal testing human technology would be way far back. A large amount of the stuff we've learned links back from animal testing. This includes medical breakthroughs, chemicals and bug spray and stuff, psychology, and a lot of the stuff you find in science textbooks. Contrary to what PETA suggests, scientists don't really aim torture animals while their experiments. Well maybe they do but keeping animals in filthy conditions doesn't really help them because it just alters the results and stuff.

I really shouldn't rant in forums. I'm not very good. o_O
wfougoafoihqfe
Falling In Love With The Board
wfougoafoihqfe
July 14th, 2007 at 09:17pm
anti social:
About fur, it's obviously bad to skin animals alive. However, assuming the animals are killed in a humane way [like with a shot or something] and feel minimal pain and skinned AFTER they are completely dead [not just unconscious, dead.] I don't really mind wearing fur. The chances of that happening are slim so ... um yeah.
Good point, but yeah, with me, I care more about how the animal has lived Unless that is what you meant as well.
anti social
Jackass
anti social
July 14th, 2007 at 09:31pm
Timid Smiley:
anti social:
Good point, but yeah, with me, I care more about how the animal has lived Unless that is what you meant as well.

heh I don't actually know what I was talking about o_O but say there's this weasel who lived a normal weasel life in a forest or wherever weasels lived. And there's this fur trapper who puts out cages and a weasel gets stuck in one. When the fur trapper finds the weasel, he could like give him a shot or whatever they do to kill dogs at animal shelters and once the weasel was dead, he could skin it.

Except that's too perfect to happen. I suck at debating.

And about the animal shelters and dead dogs... I don't know what they do with all the dead dogs, I assume they just burn it or something. Why can't they just skin the[dead dogs/cats]m and use that fur? The animal shelters claim that they put down their animals humanely so that would be a lot better than skinning weasels alive and stuff. The PETA guys would probably get riled up about that but seriously, dogs and cats aren't any worse than seals or whatever.

But that leads to people kidnapping pet dogs and skinning them... let's not go into that. I'm too lazy. -__-;;
Billie Joe's Sweetie
Falling In Love With The Board
Billie Joe's Sweetie
July 15th, 2007 at 03:33am
THESE GIRLS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY!!!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/07/11/BAG01QUFD11.DTL

BITCHES!!!! DIE!!
Mycophobia
Basket Case
Mycophobia

Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 05:05am
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

BITCHES!!!! DIE!!

omgno

I really can't understand why people do that stuff! it's just so ...... discusting, I mean why would anyone want to do that?
newagecarny
Was Here Two Weeks Ago
newagecarny

Mibba
July 15th, 2007 at 06:08pm
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

BITCHES!!!! DIE!!

that's just sick.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 06:16pm
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

BITCHES!!!! DIE!!

Your proposition is ridiculous.
The cat didn't even die. Not even in America do they kill people for attempted murder on other humans. I mean, what you are proposing, that's not even an eye for an eye (as so many DP advocates love to quote), that's just needless slaughter. And especially considering that the victim was a cat.

I'm sorry, I understand what those girls did was wrong and cruel and should be punished, perhaps by prison sentance, but not by death. Nobody deserves to die for the attempted murder of a fucking cat.
Anji
Basket Case
Anji

Blog
July 15th, 2007 at 09:09pm
That's sick, why would someone do that?
Teenager
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Teenager

Blog
July 16th, 2007 at 02:28am
I 100% disagree with animal abuse its just something which is cruel and pointless all it does is bring pain to something which cant stand up for itself its quite sick and cruel...
Comic tragedy
Idiot
Comic tragedy
July 27th, 2007 at 05:13am
Billie Joe's Sweetie:

BITCHES!!!! DIE!!

Wow.
That's terrible.
It was bad enough that those cats were stolen.
But... Cheese
*Shakes at thought of being burnt alive*
Meski
Addict
Meski

Blog
July 27th, 2007 at 05:10pm
I believe that people who kill animals for their entertainment should be killed themselves.
Karla R.
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
Karla R.
July 31st, 2007 at 03:16am
Animal testing is cruel and inhuman, animals have feelings too, they don't deserve that
Register