Animal abuse

AuthorMessage
r a c h a e l
Basket Case
r a c h a e l
May 27th, 2005 at 12:28pm
I also think it's extremely cruel when you see people wearing fur and real leather, it's like walking around in someone elses skin just for you to look "fashionable" and that's sick.
I remember a story once, where kids were swinging a cat round by it's tail, I hate things like that when people are cruel to animals for the fun of it, to get a few laughs or to seem "cool" infront of friends.. how would they like it if someone bigger than them came upto them and started treating them like that for a few laughs.

Like I said, in my opinion it's fair to do test animals if it's something important like a cure for a disease, but if it's just for fun and enjoyment, its horrible.
spill_no_sick
Falling In Love With The Board
spill_no_sick
May 27th, 2005 at 12:33pm
Noise and Kisses:
I also think it's extremely cruel when you see people wearing fur and real leather, it's like walking around in someone elses skin just for you to look "fashionable" and that's sick.
I remember a story once, where kids were swinging a cat round by it's tail, I hate things like that when people are cruel to animals for the fun of it, to get a few laughs or to seem "cool" infront of friends.. how would they like it if someone bigger than them came upto them and started treating them like that for a few laughs.

Like I said, in my opinion it's fair to do test animals if it's something important like a cure for a disease, but if it's just for fun and enjoyment, its horrible.
honey, anyone wearing leather this season has no fashion sense
though it is becoming more popular in furniture
Trouble Bound Castaway
Falling In Love With The Board
Trouble Bound Castaway
May 27th, 2005 at 12:35pm
spill_no_sick:
Noise and Kisses:

Isn't there a synthetic material that's like leather but doesn't come from animals?
r a c h a e l
Basket Case
r a c h a e l
May 27th, 2005 at 12:36pm
spill_no_sick:
Noise and Kisses:

Leather shoes?
kueibe
Idiot
kueibe
May 27th, 2005 at 12:42pm
is that beastly when ppl get a handbag made from skin or fur of dead animal ?? for me, it's just like ppl are hanging around with a dead body...
r a c h a e l
Basket Case
r a c h a e l
May 27th, 2005 at 12:44pm
Stuck With You:
spill_no_sick:
Noise and Kisses:

Isn't there a synthetic material that's like leather but doesn't come from animals?
Yes, there is but a lot of people like genuine leather better..
Lunchbox
King For A Couple Of Days
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 01:38pm
spill_no_sick:
Noise and Kisses:
Okay, well I'm against anything to do with cruelty to animals, show me an RSPCA advert and I'm in tears.
I hate animal testing when it's for things we don't need such as cosmetics, and perfumes. But if it's a cure to a disease that could save hundred's or even million's of peoples lives, I'll let them get on with it..
Animal testing is cruel to animals, but who would you prefer it happen to, a human who has a family and friends, or an animal?
animals have family and friends too, but they aren't as sophisticated as humans

Humans need natural enemys too, but nobody eats us and that's why viruses and other stuff attacks us. I feel bad when someone dyes, but there are too many people on this planet. And more and more people don't have a job or a place to live. I'd rather die than live like that, but that's just my opinion.
Drunkard
Jackass
Drunkard
May 27th, 2005 at 01:41pm
i'm against it but that pic with the kitten and the money isn't animal abuse Confused he/she just lad on the persons lap with money on him. thats not abuse
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 02:02pm
BasketcaseCookiehead:
i'm against it but that pic with the kitten and the money isn't animal abuse Confused he/she just lad on the persons lap with money on him. thats not abuse

That was the point. It shows that kittens can be fun to look at withiout firecrackers in theyr ass.
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
May 27th, 2005 at 02:12pm
NeoSteph:
i don't agree with animal testing, but if you show me a picture of a rabbit, and a 4 year old girl dying of leukemia, guess who i'm going to feel sorry for.

Animal rights activist are no more than terrorist, they bully, torment and in cases kill human beings to try and prove a point. I will take the idea of animal testing seriously when they grow up and start actng like adults. Until then i am on Medical science side.

Steph, I'm an animal rights activist. I've never terrorised anyone, neither have any of the other activists I work with, I bet you got that belief from the media. If you look a little further, you will see that the media do a lot of covering up.

Did you know that side effects from drugs are a bigger killer than all cancers put together?

The reason for this is that human animals and other animals are 95% physiologically differen't, dogs react differen't to drugs than humans do.

Animal testing CAUSES cancer. Huntingdon Life Sciences (a lab) create chemicals and products that have actually been known to cause cancer.

So you would rather see 300 monkeys be given a disease they wouldn't naturally suffer from, than use the disease already in a human and study that?

Ask a vivisector (animal experimenter this) Why do we test on non human animals? they will say "because they are similiar to us?"

Ask them why its OKAY to test on them and they will say "because they are not similiar to us".

If you really want to see how animals in labs are treated, watch this cruelty footage http://www.shac.net/MERCHANDISE/videos.html

This lab kill 500 animals a day.
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
May 27th, 2005 at 02:15pm
Speciesism:

The belief that the interests and well being of ones own species are more important than that of any other, regardless of how capable others are of suffering, experiencing pain.

Racism:

The belief that the interests and well being of ones own race are more important than someone with another skin colour, regardless of........

Why do you think humans think of themselves as more important than other animals? We are animals too after all?
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 02:19pm
Avantidrummer:
NeoSteph:
i don't agree with animal testing, but if you show me a picture of a rabbit, and a 4 year old girl dying of leukemia, guess who i'm going to feel sorry for.

Animal rights activist are no more than terrorist, they bully, torment and in cases kill human beings to try and prove a point. I will take the idea of animal testing seriously when they grow up and start actng like adults. Until then i am on Medical science side.

Steph, I'm an animal rights activist. I've never terrorised anyone, neither have any of the other activists I work with, I bet you got that belief from the media. If you look a little further, you will see that the media do a lot of covering up.

Did you know that side effects from drugs are a bigger killer than all cancers put together?

The reason for this is that human animals and other animals are 95% physiologically differen't, dogs react differen't to drugs than humans do.

Animal testing CAUSES cancer. Huntingdon Life Sciences (a lab) create chemicals and products that have actually been known to cause cancer.

So you would rather see 300 monkeys be given a disease they wouldn't naturally suffer from, than use the disease already in a human and study that?

Ask a vivisector (animal experimenter this) Why do we test on non human animals? they will say "because they are similiar to us?"

Ask them why its OKAY to test on them and they will say "because they are not similiar to us".

If you really want to see how animals in labs are treated, watch this cruelty footage http://www.shac.net/MERCHANDISE/videos.html

This lab kill 500 animals a day.

I totaly agree with you. By the way did you check out this site:
http://www.prijatelji-zivotinja.hr/htmlen/home.html
Just like as if
Jackass
Just like as if
May 27th, 2005 at 02:21pm
Avantidrummer:
Speciesism:

The belief that the interests and well being of ones own species are more important than that of any other, regardless of how capable others are of suffering, experiencing pain.

Racism:

The belief that the interests and well being of ones own race are more important than someone with another skin colour, regardless of........

Why do you think humans think of themselves as more important than other animals? We are animals too after all?
Yeah. I think it's stupid that some ppl are trying to teach gorillas to speak and act more like a human being. That's just so stupid.Animals don't need us for anything. Animals are wiser than we are. Only a few animals got killed by the tsunami for example, because they're not stupidly curious when it comes to danger.
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
May 27th, 2005 at 02:24pm
'Stupidly curious', I like that expression, that would make a cool band name Razz

Thanks for that link, I haven't seen that site before. My friends are actually doing the running of the nudes in Spain this year.

I've been doing quite a bit of anti vivisection stuff lately.
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 02:26pm
Just like as if:
Avantidrummer:
Speciesism:

Racism:

Yeah. I think it's stupid that some ppl are trying to teach gorillas to speak and act more like a human being. That's just so stupid.Animals don't need us for anything. Animals are wiser than we are. Only a few animals got killed by the tsunami for example, because they're not stupidly curious when it comes to danger.

Egzactly. They can live without us, but we can't live without them.
And I hate that shit that animals don't have souls. They even have higher spiritual power than us.
Avantidrummer
Geek
Avantidrummer
May 27th, 2005 at 02:37pm
Early philosophy has shaped alot of the way we think today. Famous writers from early Rome (Aristotle and Aquius) wrote :

Man was created in the image of God. Beast and man are seperate. Man must not feed a hungry turkey unless the end result is that man eats the Turkey.

Early philosophers and religion believed that animals had no souls and only humans went to 'heaven'. Sadly, whether we even realise it or not, we still live by these early beliefs.
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 27th, 2005 at 02:42pm
Avantidrummer:
Early philosophy has shaped alot of the way we think today. Famous writers from early Rome (Aristotle and Aquius) wrote :

Man was created in the image of God. Beast and man are seperate. Man must not feed a hungry turkey unless the end result is that man eats the Turkey.

Early philosophers and religion believed that animals had no souls and only humans went to 'heaven'. Sadly, whether we even realise it or not, we still live by these early beliefs.

Pagans don't think that way
Quit Reading My Name
Jackass
Quit Reading My Name
May 28th, 2005 at 04:50pm
I'm against it. Cosmetics are unnecessary, so make sure that they work on paper or something, not animals. And if you're so sure that your medicine will work, try it yourself. Or try it on somebody who is so desparate to recover that they'll try anything.
Lunchbox
Lunchbox
May 28th, 2005 at 04:55pm
Green_Day_Rock_My_Socks:
I'm against it. Cosmetics are unnecessary, so make sure that they work on paper or something, not animals. And if you're so sure that your medicine will work, try it yourself. Or try it on somebody who is so desparate to recover that they'll try anything.

I agree
† Lestat †
Idiot
† Lestat †
May 29th, 2005 at 08:29am
I think its wrong and disgusting to do this out of fun or for materialistic things, those pics made me feel sick. I dont understand how someone can live with themselves after doing that to a helpless creature. I actually think people who do this should be tortued and killed no mercy for them at all
Register