Veganism/vegetarianism

AuthorMessage
vigtibbetts
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
vigtibbetts
June 20th, 2005 at 03:47pm
right now i am a vegitarian that doesnt use leather and shit like that when i am 16 my mom will let me go vegan i pushed 4 where i am now so i wont push that
arg-ima-pirate
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
arg-ima-pirate
August 10th, 2005 at 09:31pm
i'm a vegitarian... but this spring i went to this boot camp for kids (not bad kids, we all wanted to be there) and my mom made me promise to eat the meat, cuz she was afraid i woulnd't get enough protien. anyways, it was so disgusting, and i got sick and stuff. eeewwww!!!
warning.
King For A Couple Of Days
warning.
August 10th, 2005 at 10:07pm
hmm yea im trying to become a vegan i managed it for about a week but then i just gave in coz i kept feeling sick at skool and stuff coz they dont sell anything vegietarian let alone vegan and i cldnt be botherd taking my own.....i am vegie and will soon become vegan
Ilse
Falling In Love With The Board
Ilse
August 11th, 2005 at 12:51am
I'm not a vegan.

I know I'm sounding like a cold hearted bitch right now but...sometimes animals need to be killed. If no animal was killed, the world would be more congested than it already is and animals would be forced out of their natural habitat, meaning they would start to wander around cities and put humans at risk as much as themselves.
Ilse
Ilse
August 11th, 2005 at 01:05am
Is it just me, or is Veganisim becoming a trend?
zdf_jammin
Geek
zdf_jammin
August 11th, 2005 at 01:11am
"For every animal you dont eat, im going to eat three."

my favorite veg saying, from maddox.

its pointless, being a veg, meat is needed for you to be heathly, so depriving yourself of it wont do you any good.
Ilse
Ilse
August 11th, 2005 at 01:13am
zdf_jammin:
"For every animal you dont eat, im going to eat three."

my favorite veg saying, from maddox.

its pointless, being a veg, meat is needed for you to be heathly, so depriving yourself of it wont do you any good.
Amen!

But some vegans take it to the absolute extreme, some won't even drink milk!

It's not like the cow is bludgned to death for it's milk, it's kept in a nice barn and a machine is attached to it's udder.
clean_with_409
Geek
clean_with_409
August 12th, 2005 at 07:00am
I think vegan is NOT healthy because you're cutting out things like milk and eggs. Vegitarian is though..
TuningKey
Geek
TuningKey
August 12th, 2005 at 01:40pm
okay, i am fairly confused by a few of these posts. i thought that vegan was when you ate neither meat nor dairy products, and vegetarian is when you do not eat meat, but do eat dairy products.
Ilse
Ilse
August 12th, 2005 at 06:54pm
IAmGodzillaYouAreJapan:
okay, i am fairly confused by a few of these posts. i thought that vegan was when you ate neither meat nor dairy products, and vegetarian is when you do not eat meat, but do eat dairy products.
Some Vegans refuse to eat anything that comes form animals. (i.e. milk, eggs, meat)

But some realize how important calcium and protien are, so a few rare ones will drink milk and eat eggs.
Ilse
Ilse
September 19th, 2005 at 09:29pm
I hate when people say "I don't eat meat because they killed the aniamls for it."

Guess what, something has to die to keep you alive. Plants too. Want to start protesting the chopping of lettuce?
eberneezer_egghead
eberneezer_egghead
September 20th, 2005 at 01:00pm
Ooooooh I couldn't be a veagn... I love cheese too much!! Laughing
franzi
franzi
September 21st, 2005 at 02:52pm
im a vegger. but if someone wants to eat meat i wont do anything. because we all have our own opinions.. Retard
Chelsey-Lois
Jackass
Chelsey-Lois
September 21st, 2005 at 02:53pm
im a vegitarian...not a vegan...
really all you can eat is nuts and some crisps! thats the only thing ive seen that says suitable for vegitarians and vegans!
i mean, no milk or cheese or cream..oh my god..no ice cream! oh this thread is dissapointing me....Sad
*Son_Of_Rage_And_Love*
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
*Son_Of_Rage_And_Love*
September 21st, 2005 at 03:29pm
I can understand why someone would become vegetarian, because they think its cruel to kill animals or something. But I don't understand why someone would want to become a vegan because the milk is there for drinking and eating eggs isn't like killing animals, because the animal never lived.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
September 21st, 2005 at 03:47pm
I like being veggie...I might go vegan coz i'm slighty lactose intolerant and bluegh...

I think it's a perfectly good idea as long as you eat lots of other things to make up for what you aren't eating..

I'm only veggie, not because i dissagree with bthe way animals are treated before they die and how they die, not because they die and i would go vegan for the same reasons.
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
September 23rd, 2005 at 07:27am
good for them
but i need my chocolate. so for the time being, i'll settle for vegetarian
Gone_Never Comming Back
Geek
Gone_Never Comming Back
September 23rd, 2005 at 06:11pm
i wouldnt mind being a vegeterian(sp?) because i really only like steak and bacon and evrything else just has no taste but i dont think i would ever be vegan.
WayToroFrank
Geek
WayToroFrank
September 24th, 2005 at 12:54am
i've tryed to go veggitarian but it just didn't work out...I mean, I was all for it...My parents and Grandparents wouldn't let me though...to expensive to buy the healthy food plus I am Anemic so I need extra Iron...but I don't care...I want to be one...I hate meat....the reason I stopped eating meat was because we got KFC and I can't stand the chicken...and the bones sticking out and I think of a small little chicken being beaten out behind KFC and plucked and stuffed in a fucking oven....there is more but I am done my rant for right now...
antidisestablishmentarian
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
antidisestablishmentarian
September 29th, 2005 at 10:55pm
I myself am a vegatarian, not a vegan because I personally see no harm in taking the fruits of animals without harming them ( I only eat organic eggs and drink organic milk). But I have no problem with vegans or their life choices.

But to everyone who says that they don't believe veganism is right because it cuts out not only meat, but milk and eggs, I would like to point out that human beings are the only living creatures on this earth that drink milk after the nursing stage of infancy, and that it has taken centuries for our stomachs to become accustomed to lactose products. Therefore it is more natural to not drink milk.

And also, you can get iron from many other sources like spinach, and soy milk really is better for you because it is low in fats.
Register