Veganism/vegetarianism

AuthorMessage
HitchinAride
Geek
HitchinAride
September 30th, 2005 at 09:29am
Has anyone seen that movie Notting Hill? With that wierd girl who only eats the vegtabes that fall of trees because they are already dead and vegies that are still on the trees are still living things. Haha - i wonder if there are people out in the world who are really like that.
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
King For A Couple Of Days
[XxXflowerfairyXxX]
September 30th, 2005 at 01:35pm
HitchinAride:
Has anyone seen that movie Notting Hill? With that wierd girl who only eats the vegtabes that fall of trees because they are already dead and vegies that are still on the trees are still living things. Haha - i wonder if there are people out in the world who are really like that.
There really are, we were discussing it in food tech.
a1b2c3d4
Idiot
a1b2c3d4
October 12th, 2005 at 02:50pm
i eat meat but i dont really like it, because i dont like the idea of how it got there, if you know what i mean, so i would like to be a vegetarian but it would just be too awkard. I have a vegan friend and he lives in Geurnsey lol sorry that was a bit random.
Headfirst For Halos
Falling In Love With The Board
Headfirst For Halos
October 12th, 2005 at 03:50pm
Are you talking about being a vegetarian or a vegan?
I'm not a vegetarian. It is healthier to eat meat, even it has more fat, because of the iron in it. Animals eat other animals, why can't humans eat animals? Also, we have the teeth [molars] which are desgined to chew meat.
I do only eat free range meat though-some of the ways animals are treated before they are killed are cruel and disgusting.
As for being a vegan, I don't really understand what the point in that is. I'm not being rude, but I don't get why people would have a problem with eating animal products-it doesn't harm the animal. =/
St. Jimmy Jazz
St. Jimmy Jazz
October 13th, 2005 at 06:20am
My opinion is this veganism:

Yeah slaughtering animals is a vicuous thing. Have you seen the Discovery Channel? Animals rip themselves limb for limb in very cruel ways themselves to eat..so what makes us any different?
There is no differenace. We are animals ourselves..so killing and slaughtering animals is part of what we do to surieve as omninorus.

That's right.. we have canies and inscors for our teeth to shread to meat.

What I do hate is that do waste the animal. It gave it's life to us so we can surieve..the most we can do is use everything it gave.

I mean, that's hows Plains Indians surieve. The buffalo was their 7-11. Had everything that they needed.

*I find this funny, because I'm a vegaterian..long story involing Arby's*
St. Jimmy Jazz
St. Jimmy Jazz
October 13th, 2005 at 06:23am
Headfirst For Halos:
Are you talking about being a vegetarian or a vegan?
I'm not a vegetarian. It is healthier to eat meat, even it has more fat, because of the iron in it. Animals eat other animals, why can't humans eat animals? Also, we have the teeth [molars] which are desgined to chew meat.
I do only eat free range meat though-some of the ways animals are treated before they are killed are cruel and disgusting.
As for being a vegan, I don't really understand what the point in that is. I'm not being rude, but I don't get why people would have a problem with eating animal products-it doesn't harm the animal. =/

Molars aren't for meat, they're for grain. (I believe)

Canines and Inscoris, our front teeth are for meat.

And you can get more iron from Cream of Wheat than a piece of meat believe it not. Planets do have a sources that you can get from meat.

Red meat isn't excalty the healthiest thing to be eating.

*I really argue both points, can't I?*

It's good that you only eat free range though..

But without us, cows would create a lot of freakin' methane gas. I forgot how much methane one cow fart has, but it's a lot.

And no..it doesn't harm the animal to eat it's products...why I still eat eggs. Can't drink milk unforuntaly.. Sad
Though.. I kinda of find it digusting that I'm eating the period of a chicken...
Ryan is teh sex
Geek
Ryan is teh sex
October 13th, 2005 at 08:14pm
i think that some peopel dont konw how the meat got to them in the first place. im vegitarian, bet i didnt spell that right! but yeah im a veggie. only pepperoni, cant have the plain cheese at my school.
® Billie Joe
Shoot Me, I'm A Newbie
® Billie Joe
October 15th, 2005 at 12:10am
I was a Vegeterian, but my mother made me start up with the meat because I wasn't making up for what protein I was lacking and I'm about a day away from becoming anemic. When I'm finally able to go out of my own, I plan on becoming a strict Veg. again because I honestly like that lifestyle much more.
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk
Geek
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk
October 15th, 2005 at 12:16am
I have no problem with Vegans. It's cool. I'm Vegetarian myself.
Pessimistic.loser
Idiot
Pessimistic.loser
October 15th, 2005 at 03:28am
I'm a Vegetarian, but I'm really anti-using any animal products...(but I just can't go without dairy)
Pretty Like Drugs
Pretty Like Drugs
October 15th, 2005 at 05:29am
my thoughts about veganism? mission impossible
i couldn't even go vegetarian for a whole week
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 15th, 2005 at 10:12pm
just random_person:
So what do you think about being a vegan? Are you one? Share your thoughts here.

Personally i never was a vegan until i found really disturbing pics on the internet, and trust me,it is not a pretty sight actually its very disgusting and crude. So i will never eat meat again nor will i wear leather/fur or anything like that. I think that honestly its all up to you what you belive but it is truely a disturbing,and crude thing to do to any living thing.

it must suck awfully. such restrictions on food.

think... no KFC O_o
Pretty and Demented
Jackass
Pretty and Demented
October 16th, 2005 at 05:54pm
I have so much respect for vegetarians, I couldnt do it myself. Although I make a point of not eating meat at least twice a week, purely because I dont think eating meat every day can be good for you. Thats not based on any scientific research its just how I feel.
s0dapop_and_ritalin
Geek
s0dapop_and_ritalin
October 16th, 2005 at 06:52pm
Pretty and Demented:
I have so much respect for vegetarians, I couldnt do it myself. Although I make a point of not eating meat at least twice a week, purely because I dont think eating meat every day can be good for you. Thats not based on any scientific research its just how I feel.

your icon is really turning me on for some reason O_o
Terminal Preppie
Geek
Terminal Preppie
October 16th, 2005 at 11:24pm
I tried being a vegetarian... that lasted.. like... 2 hours... then i saw some video.. about 2 or 3 months ago.. I haven't eaten any meat since.. I don't like how they treat the animals.. but also.. I can't eat meat.. It just disgusts me now.. I got used to vegetables.. I was so unhealthy before.. now I'm more conscience about what i put into my mouth..
Chelsey-Lois
Jackass
Chelsey-Lois
October 17th, 2005 at 09:44am
vegan, no!
vegitarian, yes!

simple as
*silver stars*
Geek
*silver stars*
October 18th, 2005 at 03:18pm
Im a vegetarian. But not a vegan
St. Jimmy Jazz
St. Jimmy Jazz
October 19th, 2005 at 01:30pm
FM Doll:
my thoughts about veganism? mission impossible
i couldn't even go vegetarian for a whole week

I thought so too..then I worked at Arby's.
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk
Geek
Ten_Cup_Coffee_Punk
November 14th, 2005 at 08:55pm
I am almost vegan. If it's good for you why not.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
November 15th, 2005 at 11:52am
I pity vegans. My cousin has been a vegetarian for 10+ years, and even she says she couldn't be a vegan. Obviously its all down to personal choice, but i just wouldn't have the willpower. One thing that annoys me though, is when parents raise their babies on a vegan diet, 'cause little children do need things like calcium and iron found in milk, red meat etc, for their development.
Register