Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 21st, 2006 at 01:00pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
I'm gonna stop the quote pyramid

but a processed little pill is no where near the same as actual food.
I meant to stop it last time, but yes it is. Look at food, look at vitamins, they have the same things, minus the things you don't need. What do you think they give children who aren't getting what they need through food? Vitamins, Everything in meat that you need can be found in vitamins.

Yeah, but you don't get the calories. You don't get the enzymes. There is potential for children to never correctly develop immune responses to certain things.
www.mypyramid.gov
You do realize Vegan people still eat? They still get that from the foods they eat, and the vitamins replace what they are missing.

thats exactly what I was getting at, about the calories and enzymes
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 01:48pm
You can't just 'make' an enzyme up and swallow it though. Confused
You can't just take a pill to harmonize the entire introcate gastroenterologic system in your body, believe me I know a hell of a lot about how the digestive tract works and you can't artifically make up for that stuff, at least not while you're still growing.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 21st, 2006 at 01:56pm
Bloodraine:
You can't just take a pill to harmonize the entire introcate gastroenterologic system in your body, believe me I know a hell of a lot about how the digestive tract works and you can't artifically make up for that stuff, at least not while you're still growing.
that was kind of my point....you need the actual food its self...you can't just take vitamins to replace the stuff in meat and eggs and such
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 02:21pm
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
that was kind of my point....you need the actual food its self...you can't just take vitamins to replace the stuff in meat and eggs and such
Why not? It's not an artifical supply, it's the real thing, it just isn't in meat. All living things are composed of protein, so yes, you can get that from plants. Plant protein has all the essential Amino Acids you need, you can get the exact same nutrients from the food itself, and taking vitamins only makes you healithier. Nuts, Grains, Tofo products, apples, carrots, sunflower seeds, ect, all have the Amino Acids you need.

As for enzymes, you can get those from fruits and vegetables as well. Enzymes in food are destroyed by heat, but seeing as how vegetables can be eaten raw, that makes no difference. Enzyme-Dead food like cooked meats are cause your body to have to produce it's own enzymes and end up being harder on your body. Digestive leukocytosis is a common factor in eating processed foods like Milk and Cooked meat. The Human Body makes somewhere around 20 enzymes. Even people who are not vegan are advised to eat raw fruits because cooked, pasturized, or foods with preservatives added are not good sources of enzymes, they in fact do the opposite.
Kitti
Falling In Love With The Board
Kitti
May 21st, 2006 at 02:24pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:
Why not? It's not an artifical supply, it's the real thing, it just isn't in meat. All living things are composed of protein, so yes, you can get that from plants. Plant protein has all the essential Amino Acids you need, you can get the exact same nutrients from the food itself, and taking vitamins only makes you healithier. Nuts, Grains, Tofo products, apples, carrots, sunflower seeds, ect, all have the Amino Acids you need.

As for enzymes, you can get those from fruits and vegetables as well. Enzymes in food are destroyed by heat, but seeing as how vegetables can be eaten raw, that makes no difference. Enzyme-Dead food like cooked meats are cause your body to have to produce it's own enzymes and end up being harder on your body. Digestive leukocytosis is a common factor in eating processed foods like Milk and Cooked meat. The Human Body makes somewhere around 20 enzymes. Even people who are not vegan are advised to eat raw fruits because cooked, pasturized, or foods with preservatives added are not good sources of enzymes, they in fact do the opposite.

Your body needs to make the enzymes, though.
And CHILDREN need the lipids in animal fats. They are essential to development. You can't put that in a vitamin.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 02:45pm
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:

And CHILDREN need the lipids in animal fats. They are essential to development. You can't put that in a vitamin.

Ok, you get those enzymes from fruits, it's pretty obvious you need them, eating cooked foods and pasturised foods destroys the enzymes, most enzymes are made by your body from things found in fruits and vegetables, like I just said....

Anyways, as for childrens, Lipids and Fats can be found in soy Milk, if you're like me and want to vomit at the thought of any soy product, eat alot of nuts, all kinds. Almond Butter has Fat, it's a great source. Avocodo's are as well. Cooking with vegetable Oils, Oils are a huge fat source in any diet. It's a common myth that Children can't be raised Vegan, they most certainly can.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 21st, 2006 at 02:48pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:

Ok, you get those enzymes from fruits, it's pretty obvious you need them, eating cooked foods and pasturised foods destroys the enzymes, most enzymes are made by your body from things found in fruits and vegetables, like I just said....

Anyways, as for childrens, Lipids and Fats can be found in soy Milk, if you're like me and want to vomit at the thought of any soy product, eat alot of nuts, all kinds. Almond Butter has Fat, it's a great source. Avocodo's are as well. Cooking with vegetable Oils, Oils are a huge fat source in any diet. It's a common myth that Children can't be raised Vegan, they most certainly can.

they can be....but its been proven unhealty
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 02:50pm
Fuck_America:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Kitti:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:
Bloodraine:

they can be....but its been proven unhealty
What? No it hasn't. It's been proven as a great lifestyle and helps kids eat right, if you follow the guidlines and they eat healthy, they will be healthy, it's a great lifestyle choice. Show me the research where it has been proven un healthy.
GD Addicts Anonymous
Falling In Love With The Board
GD Addicts Anonymous
May 21st, 2006 at 03:24pm
I'm not a vegan. I mean, I don't want any animals to be treated cruelly, but I will eat meat. I believe that's what God put animals here for. I'm sorry, I love animals, but I honestly believe that.
However, I wouldn't use anything that uses animal testing or any fur or things like that, because I consider that cruelty to animals.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 04:26pm
ixlovexbilliexjoe:
I'm not a vegan. I mean, I don't want any animals to be treated cruelly, but I will eat meat. I believe that's what God put animals here for. I'm sorry, I love animals, but I honestly believe that.
However, I wouldn't use anything that uses animal testing or any fur or things like that, because I consider that cruelty to animals.
animals don't have the same capability as humans, they stand no chance against us, which is why I won't eat meat. I don't think eating animals is wrong if you kill it naturally, but does that ever happen, not with tecnology.
ave
Geek
ave
May 21st, 2006 at 06:42pm
ixlovexbilliexjoe:

How can you say that animal testing is cruel to animals but cutting off animals limbs for meat, while they are still alive, isnt?
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 07:13pm
ava0893:
ixlovexbilliexjoe:

How can you say that animal testing is cruel to animals but cutting off animals limbs for meat, while they are still alive, isnt?
I don't have an issue with that, most major meat companies kill the animals humanely, thats not my issue, it's how they got those animals, it all depends on where they were born and what kindof life they lead, who is to decide what animals live and which one's get sent off to be killed? They were bred to be killed, that is inhumane.
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 21st, 2006 at 10:53pm
It took me long enough but i'm back

I took this out of a medical book...if you want I'll even get the name of it and the page number

I para-phrased this but, its along the same lines

If the diet is well balanced, the vegan lifestyle can be quite healty and have benefits, including lessening the risk for certain cancers
However raising a child on a vegan diet is unadvisable. The lack of essential protein and fatty acids weakens the immune system and can stunt grown. Vegan children often suffer from malnutrition.

Vitamins and supplements are often proscribed if the parent insists on raising the child vegan, however they can not replace the actual nutrition from the food
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 11:33pm
Fuck_America:

I took this out of a medical book...if you want I'll even get the name of it and the page number

If the diet is well balanced, the vegan lifestyle can be quite healty and have benefits, including lessening the risk for certain cancers
However raising a child on a vegan diet is unadvisable. The lack of essential protein and fatty acids weakens the immune system and can stunt grown. Vegan children often suffer from malnutrition.

Vitamins and supplements are often proscribed if the parent insists on raising the child vegan, however they can not replace the actual nutrition from the food
What is the copyright date on that book?
Woodrow Derenberger
Woodrow Derenberger
May 21st, 2006 at 11:37pm
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:

um hold on.......
copyright 1999
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 21st, 2006 at 11:52pm
Fuck_America:
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Fuck_America:

um hold on.......
copyright 1999
Alot of research has been done since 1999 proving that whole theory wrong, children raised Vegan are just as healthy as children who aren't.
Matt Smith
Admin
Matt Smith

Mibba Blog
May 22nd, 2006 at 11:06am
I_worship_tre_Cool:
Alot of research has been done since 1999 proving that whole theory wrong, children raised Vegan are just as healthy as children who aren't.

Reference that please.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 22nd, 2006 at 11:08am
Bloodraine:
I_worship_tre_Cool:

Reference that please.
My Aunt is a nurse, her books are from 2004, but I don't have them, I'll find an internet link.
Kurtni
Admin
Kurtni

Mibba Blog
May 22nd, 2006 at 01:30pm
http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/WELCOME/treatmentguides/veganchildren.html
That's a site devoted to healthy Children and rasing them. That article was posted in 2003.

As vegetarianism becomes more prevalent and popular, many parents may wonder if kids can safely follow a vegetarian diet and still get all the nutrients necessary for growing up healthy and strong. Avoiding meat may sound like a bad idea, but most dietary and medical experts agree that a well-planned vegetarian diet can actually be a very healthy way to eat.

Part of an article from This Site, which elaborates in the actual article, which was last edited in 2005.

Then you can go to a ton of sites like PETA'sand other animal rights organizations and they have all kinds of diet tips and sources of vitamins, amino acid, ennzymes, fats, ect. and food you can get them from.
strummer92
Jackass
strummer92
May 22nd, 2006 at 10:16pm
hmmm well im a vegetarian and you can eat fish to get your protein
but i dont really see anything wrong with veganism as long as you know how to balance a diet and live near a trader joes like i do
Register